Author Topic: So tell me a little about yourselves.  (Read 5609 times)

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
Re: So tell me a little about yourselves.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 02:56:20 am »
So far we have a 88% unemployment rate, awesome.

I'm kinda reminded of a quote. "Like I'm not trying to be an ass but once you get a job you'll find your interest in the Entity kind of nose diving"

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 06:30:40 am »
- How old are ya?
I'm 14 years old.

- When was your first experience with the Chrono games?
In 2005, I read about Chrono Trigger in a magazine, it sounded really interesting, so I found it and played it.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?
Used to work in a restaurant, but it shut down :(

- What's your favorite color?

Green or Blue, I can't decide....

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?
Either as long as the arrangement is good :)

- What kinda computer are you running on?
Somthing my dad built for me.

- What's the last movie you saw in theaters?
Pirates of the Carribbian 3

- Where are you from?
Marysville, a small town in Victoria, Australia. Nice town, but not much to do except during the Winter Lake Mountain next to the town has snow on it, so you can go skiing.

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
Either would be great, although I suppose I would prefer a sequel.

- Are you on university? What course?
I'm not in University.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 11:38:37 am »
So far we have a 88% unemployment rate, awesome.

I'm kinda reminded of a quote. "Like I'm not trying to be an ass but once you get a job you'll find your interest in the Entity kind of nose diving"
that sounds like something ZelLity would say, lol.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 08:12:42 pm »
- How old are ya?

A month or so after it's (NA) release, I believe, I got a used copy of CT for my birthday. I was skeptical at first because the only other RPG I had really played before it was FFVI (which I knew as FFIII even though Nintendo Power informed me that it was VI in Japan...weird!).

Nope.

Crimson...and then Black (though that's not really a color, is it)...I'm so goth! OOOOooooOOOOoooo...lol

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?
I enjoy both, but I probably love Techno remixes (that are good) more because they're slightly more original...

What computer? This is a library computer! V_V

Uhhhhhh...I'm not sure...I haven't been to the theaters in HELLA...maybe...Batman Begins? Or Clerks II? I suppose it depends on which came out after the other...

- Where are you from?
Tac-Town, Washington...though I grew up in Eatonville, Washington and was born in Puyallup, Washington. TA-DA!

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
Definately a new sequal, regardless of platform. It could be on the Wii or the PSP or the DS for all I care. A remake of CT would be nice on DS and a remake of CC would be nice on PSP.

Or how bout a replay on PCP!?!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 09:10:18 pm »
How old are ya?
23. I must say, I'm extremely impressed with all of you; I would have thought everyone here was older based on the deep philosophical analysis the Chrono games have received at the Compendium, and the artistic talent and programming knowledge the community possesses. Proves that Chrono fans are a cut above the rest. 8)

When was your first experience with the Chrono games?
Ah, the late Spring/early Summer of '95. I strolled into a then-new shop called Wal-Mart, picked up an issue of Nintendo Power frought with Akira Toriyama's artwork for the game and a walkthrough of Manoria Cathedral. And here I am.

Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?
Currently unemployed other than college. I've previously worked as a Spanish tutor and for the Ohio Democratic Party during the '06 election cycle. The latter was unpaid, however...because Ohio has very few paid jobs anymore.

What's your favorite color?
Royal blue. The color I associate most with Zeal.

Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?
An orchestral arrangement, as long as it turns out like Darkest Omen by mv.

What kinda computer are you running on?
AMD Sempron Processor with an ATI Express Graphics Card -- NEVER go with an ATI Express for your graphics card, folks! Running Blender is murder, though trials of 3D model programs that you have to pay up the wazoo for (e.g., 3DS Max) work much better. I call conspiracy.

What's the last movie you saw in theaters?
Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King. I never go to theaters anymore, though that'll change once James Cameron finishes Avatar and Battle Angel.

Where are you from?
Ohio -- the Heart of it All, and where the unemployment rate really IS 88% judging from my locale.

And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger on PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
I'll take anything at this point, as long as it's on a console and not on a handheld system or cellphone.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:01:50 pm by FaustWolf »

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 09:25:22 pm »
How old are you?
7665. no really. I'm not joking.

When was your first experiance with the Chrono games?

When I was 6 my cousin let me play it.

Do you have a job? If so what do you do?
Yes. I work for my father as a sectary and a delivery boy. I'm also self employed as a professional Gambler and Artist. (fuck you jobless assholes, I got 3.)

What's your favorite color?
Red. Guess why.

Would you rather listen to  a techno remix of a Chrono song or  and Orchestral arrangement?
.... why techno? Techno is a genre of music that is signified by a more robotic set of instruments (i.e. synths and synth drums n' shit.) Personally, I've got a little bit of everything in my Ipod: Acoustic Radical Dreamers- without taking the jewel, to trance and soft rock. It really just depends on how the song sounds.

What kind of computer are you running?
.... lemme see: an old Epro series mother board running on 3 214 mb ram cards with a nvidia 5600 vid card, a reeeealllllyyy outdated soundcard, with a scanner, two turntable speakers hooker up the the audio, and a tablet instead of a mouse.
oh, and an old as shit Pentium 3 processor.
all put together by me with a copied OS.

What's the last movie you saw in theater?
dunno. think POC3

where are you from?
nor cal. Yeah area.

And lastly... what would you prefer? A remake of Chrono Trigger on ps3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
Well, first of all, nobodies gonna put anything on PS3, the system to too much shit to use. but a Wii version of CT? All game for that. LOZ style maybe? Also wouldn't mind him or Frog or Magus in brawl.
Personally, A sequel combining the two games would be nicer, though :3

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 10:15:26 pm »
lol, those 2 posts, ack to back. priceless.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 12:16:47 am »
- How old are ya?
15 and 1/2

2001, an emulator on my brother's computer.

not yet

more then one, green, red, blue, and black

orchestral

A Dell Dimension 2400, Celeron 2.40GHz processor, 1.25 GB of ram, and a 256MB GeForce FX 5200

30 Days of Night

- Where are you from?
Washington state

new sequel

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 12:47:39 am »

- How old are ya?

It was back in 1995, I borrowed it from a friend of mine after I returned his FFII for Super Nintendo

I am a materials handler at a biotech company. I also work part-time as a cashier at a grocery store

Hmmmm....I will give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count

Definitely an orchestral arrangement.

Don't you mean what kinda of computer I am "walking" on? It moves sooooo slooooow.

Saw IV.
- Where are you from?
   Born in Washington, DC. I now reside in Frederick, MD

Why not both? They could bundle them together. It would sale like crazy!

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 10:22:17 am »
I'm sorry, I just need something to DO right now. I'm bored out of my mind and we don't have school, so I SHOULD be doing my math... but algebra's evil.

- How old are ya?
I am fifteen, gonna be fifteen and a half this coming... December... 9th.

I forgot when. It was might have been six months ago. We got a SNES emulator and my sis got Chrono Trigger. She got SO angry that I played 'Chrono Frigger' (as she called it) instead of FF6! I ALMOST beat it, too! Goddamn Lavos... the first game in the series I actually beat was Cross.

Nope! Sorry.

I enjoy the colors green and blue, usually green over blue.

Toughie... hmm.... depends on how its handled, really.

I don't remember. Compie, the Internet Computer, got something in him and his power button got stuck, so he got a new body. It doesn't have what brand of computer Compie is now.

I think... it was... the Spongebob movie. My foster mother DRAGGED me to it for her daughters birthday.

- Where are you from?
The glorious state of Massachusetts. ... how bad is it that I can't spell it right?

Aaaaaaagh! ... well... gimme a moment...
A sequel. Plot holes are still gaping in my mind that could either be filled or opened wider with a sequel. However, a remake would still leave them gaping. So sequel it is!

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 02:28:23 am »
-How old are ya?
23, and will turn 24 very soon.  (After reading the first page, I thought for a moment I might be one of the oldest members! :)  *whew* )

My boyfriend kept giving me his SNES catridge to play back in the winter of 2000.  I kept blowing him off between work and school, and because the games he usually recommended I never liked.  :)  I relented around Christmas break, and thought, 'eh, I'll play it about thirty minutes, maybe I'll get into it'.  I was subsequently unavailable for the next two weeks.  :)  I even got mad that I had to go to my Christmas Eve family get-together because I'd just discovered the Kingdom of Zeal and I wanted to explore Enhasa.  :)

Yes.  I work about 50 hours a week as the manager of a movie theater.  In fact, I usually spend so much time working that I don't actually get around to watching the movies.  *le sigh*   :(  As it gets closer to Christmas, my workweek will steadily get longer.

Green has always been my favorite.  A dark, emerald green.

Orchestral, hands down.  I do enjoy listening to techno remixes quite often, but I prefer orchestral.  Eh, I'm weird.  :)

Dell Dimension 8200... though I've gutted several parts and replaced them since I bought it.  I'm currently saving up money for a laptop that I can carry to work with me (our computers there suck.  The best one has 32MB of RAM and runs Windows 95.  It makes MS Excel/Word a pain to work with at times.).

Haha, what a question to ask the manager of a movie theater.  :)  The last movie that I actually sat down and watched all the way through was The Brave One, but the last movie I actually saw in a theater (all of two minutes) was Beowulf.  I was unfortunately having to kick three kids out for throwing popcorn at an elderly lady.

- Where are you from?
North Carolina, USA.

Hmm.... Well, I'm not sure.  I believe that if CT were to be remade into a PS3 game, it would spur a considerable amount of support into the series as a whole, drawing newer gamers into the Chronoverse.  If SquareEnix thought they could make money out of it?  They'd probably go on to redo Cross, then a sequel. 

But if I had to choose, I'd love a sequel.

Tiammat

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 12:39:47 pm »
- How old are ya?

2000, on emulator. It was one of my first RPGs...

Yes, PHP programmer... I work part time at the university.

None.

Orchestral

Pentium 4 2,66 Ghz... GeForce MX 4000... 512MB RAM... HD 80GB... etc...

Over the Hedge

- Where are you from?
Brazil - Near São Paulo...

Sequel... a remake would be pointless, unless it fixes Marle's paradox...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 03:01:41 pm »
- How old are ya?
25 (luckily I am not the oldest one here)

I'm an administrator. So in other words, I baby-sit adults.

Light-Urple... or maybe green

Orchestral (thus a desire to go see the Play! Symphony)

The desktop kind (it's not mine so I couldn't tell you much more)

Possibly Transformers

- Where are you from?
California, but now reside in Texas, the What-Am-I-Doing-Here State.

Why would I want a remake of the PS3? Or did you mean "for"? Anywho, a remake might be fun but it was good enough to stand, as is, the first time around (thus, release it to the Wii's Virtual Consol). A sequel would be good, but would probably need to be on the 360, Wii, or maybe DS. A new chrono game would need to be innovative and the PS3 is about as innovative as the Spruce Goose

and to resurrect that added question:

Are you in a University?
Technically, and I will hopefully be teaching at one soon enough, but I'm no longer a student at one.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 02:20:28 pm »
- How old are ya?

April this year.

No.

Hmm... lilac?

Almost always orchestral, if that makes sense.

Windows XP Home edition, 3GHz (2 CPUs), 1 gig RAM, 40 gig HD + 250 external HD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Beowulf.

- Where are you from?
London.

Sequel... stir up some more interest, get the analysis going again

Nope.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 07:50:25 pm »
I am totally bumping this.  Hardy har har.

- How old are ya?
I'm 21.

In early 2007.  My boyfriend introduced me to Trigger, and I fell in love with it.  I played Cross for the first time this past summer, shortly before registering an account here.

No job, unless you count "full-time student" as a job.

The colour of the ocean in this picture::

Orchestral, hands down.  I'm a sucker for techno (it makes me super happy), but orchestral music is so much more beautiful.

Um...it's a Gateway laptop.  Windows Vista.  That's about all I can tell you, heh.

I think it was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  I rarely go to the cinema.  Not a fan.

- Where are you from?
That depends on what you mean by that sentence.  :P  Born in America, moved to the Philippines when I was a year old, lived there for the vast majority of my life, lived in Scotland for 4 years, and I've been going to university in America since 2006.  I'm a Scottish-Filipina-American ethnically, nationally, and culturally confused child.

Sequel!  Please!

Yup.  Almost a senior.  I'm studying English Literature and I was a History minor for a while.