Author Topic: So tell me a little about yourselves.  (Read 5610 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: So tell me a little about yourselves.
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
Where in Scotland did you live?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 08:30:52 pm »
Three years later lets do this!!!
- How old are ya?17
Just turned 20 a few days ago.
- When was your first experience with the Chrono games? '98 on my emulator.
It was on my emulator back in 1998 its was suggested to me by a friend.
- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...? Just recently unemployed.
Once again I was just laid off, yesterday in fact. I did work in a kitchen as a prep chef.
- What's your favorite color? Cyan, Although let it be know I am colour blind.
Still Cyan is the colour above all other colours.
- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement? Completly for an Orchestral version.
Although I have come to appreciate good electronica an Orchestral version always seems just better.
- What kinda computer are you running on? I have 5 computers at this time though I am on a school one.
Just my old XP laptop 2.8 GHz with 2g of ram. Also I have a computor scraped into a MAME cabinet if that counts.
- What's the last movie you saw in theaters? Beowulf
The Book of Eli, kinda disappointed in it to...
- Where are you from? Latitude 47° 9' S, Longitude 126° 43' W
Born and raised there!
- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?  Remake but not for ps3, because I don't own one.
Now that I've got my good old CT:DS I would love a new installment.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 08:47:35 pm »

Edinburgh.  I loved it.

Three years later lets do this!!!

Hahaha!  I have awakened a mighty beast!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 09:03:37 pm »

Edinburgh.  I loved it.

Interesting. Would you mind if I asked you about that a bit over PM? Someone I know is taking a trip there soon.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 09:30:08 pm »
Interesting. Would you mind if I asked you about that a bit over PM? Someone I know is taking a trip there soon.

Absolutely!  Your friend is fortunate.  It's a beautiful city.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2010, 01:16:00 am »
- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
Definately a new sequal, regardless of platform. It could be on the Wii or the PSP or the DS for all I care. A remake of CT would be nice on DS and a remake of CC would be nice on PSP.

Or how bout a replay on PCP!?!

Holy shit, lookit that, the thing I said became a thing (sorta)! Now do the other things I said, SE!...er, not the replay on PCP part...>_>

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 01:31:50 am »

- How old are ya?   23

- When was your first experience with the Chrono games?  about a year after the game came out in america i rented CT and loved it.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?      linguist

- What's your favorite color?   ocean blue

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?   orchestral

- What kinda computer are you running on?   asus G60 vx or something

- What's the last movie you saw in theaters?   princess and the frog (shut up lol - they made me)

- Where are you from?  delaware

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?     SEQUEL!!

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2010, 02:04:04 am »
How old are you?

When was your first experience with the Chrono games?

SNES era, but it was a rental so I didn't finish it, I liked it a lot, years later I finish it on an emulator.

Do you have a job?

I am a clinical psychologist

Favorite color?

Blue on almost any of it's forms. Azure being one of my favorites.

Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?

Orchestral

What kinda computer are you running on?

One that was invented in the later stages of the Cenozoic Era.

What's the last movie you saw in theaters?

District 9 (Excellent film, by the way)

And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?

Sequel. I am still waiting for Chrono Break o.o

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 03:49:06 am »
Holy moly! You're a clinical psychologist at 24? I don't know whether to give you my congratulations or condolences. It can be a satisfying profession, though! What are some of your areas of interest?

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 04:44:52 am »
Well... Thank you, at age 12 I decided I wanted to learn what was inside the "black box" we call brain, so all my life has revolved around getting to learn more about what goes on in our minds. When I wasn't studying I was playing videogames or reading books =P

My areas of interest... well, pretty much everything. But I guess it would be find the answer to the question.

"Why?" is the most common question. For better or worst, the answer almost always leads me to another question, "How?".

I am not that stuck up on psychoanalysis though, I prefer an approach more akin to Humanism. I had mostly worked in tandem with a person a respect a lot, a mentor of sorts, he's a Neuroscientist. We worked with people with neurological impediments, but after my time with him I have worked with people inside the autism spectrum, even though I don't know that much about their condition. I mostly did that for the experience.

My real goal would be to become a psychotherapist, but I haven't found a way to establish a practice yet. I like field work more than lab work, but I enjoy research and experimentation. It's just that I find that working in a lab can be a very de-humanizing endeavor.

I worked recently in a care center for people with low income, but ended up "promoted"(I guess...) to give the medical staff various psychological treatments, mostly tools for managing stress and couping mechanisms.

I am not that smart, really... but teachers always told me I am a very emphatic person, perhaps that's why I happen to be good at what I do.

If anything, my area of interesting is something called "Truth". You would be surprised how much we humans complicate our lives, far more than we need to. I understand some people need the drama or the spice, but most people really go out of their way to create phantom enemies in their minds and having demons to vanquish. I think it's because we see that kind of stuff on TV, Movies, Games and all sorts of media, and we want that kind of pizazz in our lives. I liked how in the movie "The Matrix", Agent Smith told Morpheus that the first Matrix was a paradise, but everyone rejected it, so instead, they tried to create a troublesome world to mimic our own lives, and people responded incredibly well to that. I understand that the bittersweetness in life must exist, for we can only truly appreciate happyness because we now of sadness, but really... some people seem to think they need to pay for every waking second of happiness with tragedy and despair.

I will always try to become a successful psychotherapist, but now I think a more realistic option is to teach, after all, I have always been better with words than with pencils. I traveled a lot, moving from one place to another in order to broaden my idea of the mind. That is, until I realized there were places on the internet that weren't all about memes and fads. Since then I have looked for places on the internet that offer me insights on the collective mind this virtual sub-culture is, and I have found some very rewarding ideas, as well as a lot of nonsensical crap.

I have learned a lot from your own entries here on the Compendium Lord J Esq, I thank you for providing some interesting and very delicious food for thought. There have been some topics I would like to participate, only to find out you have pretty much said it all. I feel akin to your idea of cementing our opinions with facts, not just demonstrating our echolalia to the rest of the world by repeating something we heard some other people say, or worst, something we watched on some crappy talk show(I am looking at YOU, "Dr." Phil)

I am a better speaker than I am a writer, because I can't read the other person body language, I have trouble realizing when I have said enough... and always end up going into some random tangent(like I did just now) so I am finishing this post here. Sorry if my answer was not what you were looking for.

Schala Zeal

• 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 05:23:18 am »
- How old are ya?
Physical age: 22, Actual age: 14,025, Age at heart: 16

- When was your first experience with the Chrono games?
2004 A.D.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?
Unemployed due to handicap

- What's your favorite color?
Platinum

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?
Orchestral

- What kinda computer are you running on?
MacBook Pro, Intel Core Duo 2

- What's the last movie you saw in theaters?
*thinks* I am guessing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

- Where are you from?
Currently residing in California, 2010 A.D.

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
I don't like what I've heard of PS3, so I guess the latter, be it fan made or official.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 05:52:55 am »
- How old are ya?

Im 17 years old :)

I played the set with final fantasy 4 in ...think it was called anthology ?  and Chrono Trigger was in there , it was amazing ! (got it as soon as it was released ...so Dunno what year)

Nope im currently in sixth form taking A' lvls ....Psychology , German , Spanish and English literature.

Its a tie between Green (any green !) and orange :P

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?

Orchestra , they are amazing

I can't really say ...Im not that good with technology .

Harry Potter and The half blood prince

- Where are you from?

England , I live in the West Midlands

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?

Both to be honest , but maybe on every console ..its not fair having it exclusive to one .

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 07:16:41 am »
- How old are ya?
20 as of monday.

about a year or two ago, actually. i was just kind of flipping through roms and chrono trigger sounded fun.

i have two. i work at walmart as a sales person and at the local grocery store as a baker.

cerulean blue.

techno.

i think this is a 2005 toshiba running XP.

... i dont remember.

- Where are you from?
i used to live in MA, around boston, but now i live in a very quiet part of connecticut. its near hartford, though.

either way, its going to be on a system i cant afford. id prefer the sequel, simply to try and fill in the voids.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »
- How old are ya?
16 years and a half.

I believe it was... three or four years ago, I think. I know it was at least one year before joining here, though.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?
No, I'm just a student.

Blue. Which type? Any type, I just like blue in general.

Orchestral.

Gateway laptop with Windows Vista.

A Christmas Carol.

- Where are you from?
Mexico, from the Baja California peninsula. Still living there.

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
A sequel, as I think that for CT the DS version is enough, and that... I don't have a PS3. That sequel better not be for the PS3 too then.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:21:27 pm by Acacia Sgt »

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 02:49:50 am »
Hoo-ray for thread-bumping!   :D  Though I gotta say, a lot of the responses make me feel very old...  :picardno

- How old are ya?
Err...... 25.  Anyone else out there at the quarter-century marker?  :?

Back in the glorious, waning days of 16-bit, in 1995.  Rented it - and the system - from a video store.  Didn't own it til years later.  Still have the cart somewhere. 

I'm every university freshman's nightmare... I'm a Teaching Assistant / Marker for three sections of undergrad history.  Write in caps lock, use 'download' as a verb for dialogue, or open a paper with a two-pages long paragraph made of five sentences and I will dock you serious marks. 

- What's your favorite color
?
Dark green.  I miss forests from back home...

Orchestral.  I refuse to acknowledge techno as a legit genre of music.

Mac OSX w/ Snow Leopard.   

It's pretty rare that I go to the movie  theaters these days... I did see Toxic Avenger: The Musical! on stage awhile back, and it was great!

- Where are you from?
Canada, on the east coast... nowadays I'm in The Big Smoke for school.

A sequel, but in 2-D for nostalgic value.

- Are you on university? What course?
Yeah... I had interviews for two gov't jobs lined up, but turned them down to travel. So I'm still in school.  I do mostly post-Soviet stuff.