Author Topic: So tell me a little about yourselves.  (Read 5691 times)

Flash of Green

• Earthbound (+15)
  • What lies in the furthest reaches of one's memory?
    • View Profile
So tell me a little about yourselves.
« on: November 21, 2007, 01:23:01 pm »
I'm just curious.  Here's a little survey I wrote.  Fill it out of you want!

(Hopefully I'm not posting this in the wrong place.  Heh, heh.)

- How old are ya?

- When was your first experience with the Chrono games?

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?

- What's your favorite color?

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?

- What kinda computer are you running on?

- What's the last movie you saw in theaters?

- Where are you from?

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:29:34 pm by Flash of Green »

Flash of Green

• Earthbound (+15)
  • What lies in the furthest reaches of one's memory?
    • View Profile
Re: So tell me a little about yourselves.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:30:30 pm »
Oh and by the way, here's mine...

- How old are ya?  I'm 20.

- When was your first experience with the Chrono games?  Actually, when I was about 16 or so, my friend lent me a copy for the PS1.  I played it and got irritated 'cause it took so long for the battles to load.  Cut to a few years later, I find a copy for the SNES, and I've been pretty much a huge fan ever since.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?  I do.  I'm a vet technician at a local animal hospital.

- What's your favorite color?  Lime green.

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?  Orchestral arrangements ftw.

- What kinda computer are you running on?  I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 notebook.

- What's the last movie you saw in theaters? Pirates of the Caribbean 3.  (I'm pretty much poor lol)

- Where are you from?  California, USA.  But I currently live in Idaho.

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC? A sequel would be nice, if it had the characters from CT in it.  PLAYABLE mind you.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:02:43 pm »

- How old are ya?

- When was your first experience with the Chrono games? '98 on my emulator.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...? Just recently unemployed.

- What's your favorite color? Cyan, Although let it be know I am colour blind.

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement? Completly for an Orchestral version.

- What kinda computer are you running on? I have 5 computers at this time though I am on a school one.

- What's the last movie you saw in theaters? Beowulf

- Where are you from? Latitude 47° 9' S, Longitude 126° 43' W

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?  Remake but not for ps3, because I don't own one.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 03:37:18 pm »

- How old are ya?

- When was your first experience with the Chrono games? About 4 years ago I fell in love with Trigger. I found this site shortly after.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...? No. Planning on Japanese translation of some sort, perhaps, once I take on the university's Japanese course next year.

- What's your favorite color? Yellow

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement? Orchestral arrangement

- What kinda computer are you running on? Apple Mac iBook OS 10 X... something or other...

- What's the last movie you saw in theaters? Night at the Museum

- Where are you from? Ireland

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?  New sequel.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 03:51:15 pm »
I'm 17
When I was 9, I remember renting it somewhere and then I found the rom.  Greatest moment of my life >_>
I have no job, but i'm planning to be a game designer or graphics designer
Blue
Orchestral Arrangement
Dell
Silent Hill
Wisconsin
Remake of Chrono trigger

Edit: Sorry, using school's computers.  So I can't exactly copy and paste.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 04:53:01 pm »

- How old are ya?

I am twenty years old, and will be twenty-one on March 24th of next year.

I think around 2001 when a friend briefly lent me their SNES. I didn't do very much with it because I couldn't figure out how to work the console at the time since before that I had never touched a console. (I was a pure PC gamer.) But the first time I finally played a game was playing the PSX Chrono Trigger in 2002 when a different friend lent it to me.

I don't have one right now, but with some luck and hard work I will be a sailor in the U.S. Navy within a few months.

Green.

- Would you rather listen to a techno remix of a Chrono song, or an orchestral arrangement?

I can enjoy both, but I would prefer an orchestral arrangement.

I built it from parts from NewEgg. 2.42 GHz Dual Core processor, 2 gigabytes of RAM, 7900+ GTX video card, a very good soundcard that I probably spent too much on since I only ever use a headset...

Oh, damn...no idea...it's been awhile. Probably Firewall...I went to see it with my then girlfriend.

- Where are you from?

I was born in Georgia on March 24th, 1987. Moved to Middletown Ohio(more like Madison Township outside of Middletown...) in February of 1988. Moved to Oxnard California in July of 2000. Moved to Colorado in August of 2002, and have since been moving from house to house every year until we stabilized into this house, which we've stayed in for two years and will hopefully stay longer.

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?

I would prefer any game to be on a console I actually own(or at least be something I could emulate.) I would prefer a sequel of some sort though, in the vein of Chrono Cross via expanding the universe rather than being a Chrono Trigger or Cross II.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 05:29:58 pm »
- How old are ya?

Played CT when it was fairly new on the Super Nintendo. I can't remember what episode of Simpsons was on when I finally beat it, but it had Sideshow Bob.

Nope :(

The color of bubbles, lame as that sounds.

Orchestral, but only if it really is better than the techno remix.

an old Windows XP

Spiderman 3, I think

- Where are you from?
Born in Texas, raised in New Mexico

Neither. Sequel could be nice, but that implies straining for more Lavos conflict. If something must be made I'd like a remake of CC with less characters, more RD tie-ins (yes, that means Magus wrestling orcs), and a clearer resolution.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:32:17 pm by maggiekarp »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 05:51:46 pm »
- How old are ya?

Can't remember... I was probably at some point between 1997 and 1998. It was CT on emulator.

Nope

Red

Orchestral, but with loud drums and stuff like in Time's Scar, not some boring ambiant arrangement.

Built from lots of different parts, with an Intel Dual Core processor.

"Wedding Crashers", it was ages ago...

- Where are you from?
France

Definitely a sequel. Given the "no rehashing" philosophy of Kato it doesn't even need to have Lavos in it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 07:30:59 pm »
- How old are ya?

Summer of 2002. Ramsus gave me a list of RPGs I should play since I basically missed out on the entire genre on the SNES (though I at least played SMRPG, which got me hooked on it). I beat Breath of Fire I, then II, then hit Chrono Trigger. Needless to say, Zeal's allure was overwhelming and I loved the game. Later that year, I played Chrono Cross and discovered OCRemix after finding bLiNd's DreamofZeal on WinMX.

Needless to say, I didn't get the plot of Chrono Cross, but the atmosphere of the game was enchanting and I even dreamed of it a few times. Fast forward to May 2003, when I made a map of Enhasa and started a thread on the OCRemix forums. Suddenly, we started analyzing the plots and I began making the Chronology. Ramsus asked if we wanted to make a site, but I thought it'd be too much work (like assembling overworld maps). Nonetheless, I came back from vacation in July 2003 to find the original PHPNuke Compendium (http://ramsus.guiltyparties.com/cc/, click here). Radical_Dreamer hails from that thread's genesis; he was there from the beginning with us.

We realized that no other site really did the analysis thing (except for Letrimh's), so we got to work writing articles. I started forums expecting to get no visitors whatsoever, but like magic, the greatest founding fathers wormed their way in (Lord J, GrayLensman, Aitrus, Chrono'99...basically people you see first if you organize this forum's Members list by date, even though this is a separate forum database). That's when it "took off". Of course, it wasn't until January 2006 that I found the resolve to actually complete the site.

White. As in, wearing white shirts.

There has to be middle ground here; good examples are Requiem for a Green Revolution and Memories of Green at OCR. Those are my favorite. Outright trance remixes don't go very far unless handled well (bLiNd is a good example), while outright orchestral can be boring and dull. Honestly, who rocks piano remixes, save for the very best ones?

A stupid one.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3. The ideal of piracy is supported well by upper management here, haheheh...

A sequel, damnit. Kato STILL HAS IDEAS FOR A SEQUEL!! He tried to MAKE ONE in 2001! I must know what happened to Magus and the other characters; how the Fall of Guardia transpired; how the timeline winds up after Chrono Cross. But more than that, I want to see how Kato expands and reinvents Chrono again, this time with more directorial experience under his belt. And, on top of even that, I want to see where he takes the series temporally. If his recent Mana Time Crash clone is any evidence, he's still got a sweet taste for temporal mayhem without resorting to Yuji Horii-paradoxes.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 08:27:00 pm »
So far we have a 88% unemployment rate, awesome.

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 09:04:32 pm »
Emulator, 2000
Black
Orchestral
A good one, it fits my needs as a programmer and as a lazy guy
RE3
Both, there's no preference, any of them would be deeply well received from my part

Ramsus

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 09:15:40 pm »
- How old are ya?

As a kid the first "RPG" I ever heard of was Super Mario RPG, which had good coverage in Nintendo power. However, none of the local rental places in the small town I lived in had it (the population was about 7000 people), so I started looking at similar games and ran across Chrono Trigger. As such, it was the first RPG I really played.

- Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do...?

Active-duty Air Force. I'm just over a year into language training as a military linguist in the intelligence field.

Red

Don't care.

Doesn't matter.

American Gangster

- Where are you from?

Oklahoma. I spent my childhood in Oregon, always out in the forests on family drives or camping and fishing, but I spent my formative years in Oklahoma and attended the University of Oklahoma for a few years on a full-ride National Merit Scholarship. Of course, I've been in California for the last year doing language training, and in a few months I'll be in Korea before coming back and then going to Texas.

- And lastly... what would you prefer?  A remake of Chrono Trigger or PS3, or a new sequel to CT/CC?

Don't care.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 09:32:59 pm »
- How old are ya?
Back in 1999 or so, my older brother downloaded games and played them on an emulator. My younger brother played Chrono Trigger. I didn't try playing for myself for a few years.
No.
Blue.
Maybe orchestral, I'm not sure.
I do most of my stuff on an old laptop. Edit-It's a Toshiba Portégé 3480
I can't even remember.
- Where are you from?
California.
Not sure right now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:18:27 pm by Vehek »

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 07:17:10 pm »
- How old are ya?
23, within less than two months of 24. I guess that makes me near the oldest on the forums, or at any rate few would be older.
Summer of '02. My friend gave me a whole bunch of emulated games because he wanted me to play Mario, but I thought the name 'Chrono Trigger' looked interesting, and beyond that thought it was kinda neat that you could change your name, so I played it.
I had a job in the summer, working in the office of an oil refinery under construction. Now I'm a student again, which is a vocation, if not a job per say. Sufficed to say if I wanted a job, or required one, I could very easily get one.
Black, perhaps. There are few colours more regal, formal, or adaptable (what colour doesn't look good on a black background, after all?) Beyond that, blue or green.
Orchestral, most certainly. Techno... *shudder*
A good one, I think. I'd have to check the specs. I had a friend of mine help me pick components for it so that it'd be cheap but pretty good. Here... AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+. My graphics card is an ATI Sapphire X1650 Pro. I only have a gig of RAM, though. But essentially I can run most programs up to things like Company of Heroes.
Oooh, let's see... hm... it's been a little while. I think it was Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Meant to go see American Gangster, but it was sold out.
- Where are you from?
Alberta, Canada
Meh, ambivalent. A remake has the surety of many things, with the added benefit of added graphics and what not... in other words, it'd definitely be good. A sequel is more of a gamble, but has the potential to be more interesting.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 09:26:57 pm »
- How old are ya?
I'm 20 years old, 21 by the end of December.

At 1997 or so, with Trigger, on the SNES.

Yup. I work at a tourism agency/events operator, in the marketing department. I also work as interpreter during events, once in a while.

Deep blue.

Orchestral. With some electric guitar added, and some nice percussion, if possible.

Until next february, an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2140 1.6Ghz, with 1gb DDR2 667 ram and a GeForce 8500gt video card. I'm planning on getting a Core 2 Duo E6750, with 2gb DDR2 800 ram and a GeForce 8800gt. Bless nVidia for this marvelous accomplishment!

Saw IV.

- Where are you from?
The capital of the Southernmost state of Brazil.

Sequel, absolutely!

Edit: Well, I think there's an interesting question that's been left out, so I'll take the liberty to add it:

- Are you on university? What course?
Yes. I'm not sure how my course is called in English (Languages, I guess?), but anyways, I study Languages and Literature with emphasis in Japanese at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:31:38 pm by cupn00dles »