Author Topic: is there any connection to this?  (Read 802 times)

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
is there any connection to this?
« on: November 20, 2007, 08:23:04 pm »
So basically i spent a long period of time looking (not online) for a playstation, controller, memory card and chrono cross, just so i can finally find out how it stacks up to chrono trigger
Now that i finally have all that, ive been playing it quite alot, and im now at the point where im lynx and im JUST about to turn back into serge
THE PROBLEM IS during the cutscene where he changing back, the game freezes. Ive tried so many times but it continues freezing at the exact same point
So i asked my friend who also has chrono cross if i could borrow his and explained to him what happened with mine. But the thing is, his game freezes at the EXACT same spot!
and now im super pissed cause i was finally about to become serge again
does anyone elses game do that as well? since my friend's does too

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: is there any connection to this?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:21:07 am »
try your disk on his PS if it plays fine its probably your laser.

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
Re: is there any connection to this?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 02:38:30 pm »
You sound like you have the same problem I did with a playstation game.

For me, it was guilty gear: during the game, the P2 input controls always go blank when I get to the last stage of arcade mode, making it a one sided fight.

I found out later that the data in my memory card was to blame, so I tried starting a new file on a different memory card and everything worked fine.

That means your data can be corrupt too, and will always freeze at that same spot as long as you use the corrupted data. I'm not telling you to delete it and start over, but it might be a possibility.

Either that, or it's just your laser giving you problems.  :lol: