Author Topic: Plausible way of saving Schala in CT  (Read 5631 times)

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plausible way of saving Schala in CT
« on: November 18, 2004, 12:50:13 am »
I've been thinking about this for a long time, so please hear me out.  Now, assuming CC never happens, I have a theory about how the CT characters could have saved Schala.  
First, Epoch needs to be safe.  After the people go to their respective time periods, Crono can use the Epoch to go find Magus (probably in 12000 BC).  Once he hooks up with Magus, they can go over to the End of Time, and get another Time Egg from Gaspar.  What they'd then need to do is go to 1999 AD, and stop themselves from defeating Lavos, to ensure that Lavos does indeed destroy the world.  Once they accomplish that, Crono and co. could find Nordstein Bekkler and get a Schala clone (they can ask Gaspar for his location).  Then, they can climb Death Peak again and revive Schala.  After all, she was extremely important in the history of the planet.  
If you guys see anything blatently wrong with this, let me know.  My ideas have been crushed before, so I'm not scared or anything! :P

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 03:47:13 am »
I think the whole point of the Time Egg plot was to show how much Crono's friends cared for him. That they would break the laws of time just to bring him back from the dead.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 10:07:16 am »
And it is the Chrono Trigger, not the Chrono Triggers.  Only one exists, I think.  

Also, what happens after that?  Do they go and defeat Lavos a second time?  Kind of anticlimactic, if you ask me.  8)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 06:17:15 pm »
The Astral Amulet in CC is a partial Chrono Trigger, and Lynx refers to Serge as being a Chrono Trigger. Plural does apply, but Gaspar only had one.

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 06:45:20 pm »
Why would they undo all of their hard work to save one person? It doesn't make any sense.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 11:30:14 pm »
Well, given that CC never happens, we couldn't say exactly what happened to Schala. CT wasn't clear about this, although one would assume that she died in the Ocean Palace disaster due to the fact she never shows up again. It wasn't until CC that we learned of Schala's fate, right?

I wonder. Would stopping the defeat of Lavos undo the creation of the Time Devourer, or is there some sort of time bastard-esque principle that would allow it to continue existing regardless?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 05:57:32 pm »
Probably not, seeing as the DoT "exists" in a Pocket Dimension, outside of the regular flow of time. Going back and not defeating Lavos (however you manage that little trick) would not stop it's weird little non-existance from occurring...

Oh, and the Astral Amulet/The Pendant isn't a partial Time Egg...what gives you that idea? But, Lucca does create a Time Egg, and thusly a lot of the craziness of Chronopolis occurs...Also, there's the Time Egg that Serge is given as well...But, I guess if you throw everything from CC out none of that really matters, and there's just no more Time Egg...

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 07:38:30 pm »
We know of three time-eggs. However, two of those three were not created in the Lavos timeline.

TE1: Created in the Lavos timeline, held by Gaspar, used to revive Crono

TE2: Created in Keystone T-1 (and possibly T-2) By Lucca. Used by (or historical records of it were used by) Chronopolis to plan the Counter-Time experiment.

TE3: Created in Keystone T-2 by Belthasar, given to Serge after defeating the Time Devourer (Dragon God). Used by Serge to enter the DBT and fight the Time Devourer (True Form)

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 07:42:42 pm »
I was playing the Death Peak side quest in CT today, and I found groundbreaking evidence that there are many Time Eggs!  Throughout your journey up the mountain, you encounter enemies called "Krakkers".  Upon close inspection, I found that they are cracked Time Eggs!  (Hence the name "Krakker")  My guess is that they are Time Eggs that shattered at the summit of Death Peak, but because the people didn't put enough effort, didn't bring someone back to life.  That is why they turned evil.  To me, this is actual proof that there are more than the 3 Time Eggs mentioned above, and therefore they can bring Schala back to life! :D  :D
MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 08:12:10 pm »
Japanese version of CT enlightens that they're actually baby Lavoses.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 05:35:56 pm »
Oh, GODDAMIT!!! :evil:  :evil:

But hey, thanx for clearing that up. :)

BTW, exactly when in the Japanese version do they say that they're baby Lavoses? :?:

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2004, 01:45:52 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Japanese version of CT enlightens that they're actually baby Lavoses.

I was always sure that the US version also made that clear.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2004, 04:47:53 pm »
No, like I said, I just played it a couple of days ago.  It DOES say that Lavos Spawns are baby Lavoses,but then again, who doesn't know that?

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2004, 06:56:18 pm »
Quite a crackpot theory. I take it back. You are a newb.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004, 11:20:37 pm »
yeah i know.  Oh well, I'll get better at this someday! :wink: