Author Topic: Computer Upgrade to come soon? also a small update.  (Read 1084 times)

Shinrin

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Computer Upgrade to come soon? also a small update.
« on: November 09, 2007, 06:48:22 pm »
Ah, as i'm graduating from college, i'm allowed to spoil myself. This isn't a big computer upgrade like i have the past 3 years. This is just a simple processor upgrade, it's gonna cost me a lil over 80 bucks with free shipping. This also includes both CPU and Fan.  I've checked everything from my motherboard, to a few different sites to check on prices. My mother board will support the new processor, which is a mega plus. This also means i won't have to upgrade ram and other stuff. I'll be ordering though newegg.com.

I'm currently using a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2 ghz. I might be upgrading to a AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ 2.2 ghz.

This will help me with a few things like programming. I don't know how much processing ASM will take, but it's better to be equip with a good processor to do things. Personal hacking or working on RPGone projects.

It will also help me with speed with games and ps2 and nds emulation :P which is good as well. Anyway. If i order this tonight it won't be here until wendsday.

Update on hacking as well, nothing has been done, but i got alot on my mind for this hack. ;) just cause i don't have it in the game and haven't updated doesn't mean i have quit working on it, it just means i'm thinking on what to do.

JCE3000GT

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
Re: Computer Upgrade to come soon? also a small update.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:01:28 pm »
Overclock that new 4200 to 2.8Ghz or faster...you'll be surprised how high an AMD chip can be overclocked on stock cooling.

Shinrin

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Re: Computer Upgrade to come soon? also a small update.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 08:09:59 pm »
Overclock that new 4200 to 2.8Ghz or faster...you'll be surprised how high an AMD chip can be overclocked on stock cooling.

And you can blow out your processor in the process and damage your other components. :P no way i'm doing that.