Author Topic: Well of Souls Chrono Trigger / Xtream worlds chrono trigger project recuirtment  (Read 975 times)

glyth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
wat i basicly need  is poeple who can learn fast   i need scripters/gfx experts this is a online project in attempt to  aftermath chrono trigger as the descents of CT 

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
With apologies to Cory Doctorow:

You are trying to develop a new Chrono

(X) fan game   ( ) ROM hack   ( ) music   ( ) fiction   ( ) art      ( ) other

project. Your project will not succeed. Here is why it won't succeed:

( ) Your project is too ambitious for any fan community to finish.
( ) Your project is too ambitious for the Chrono fan community to finish.
( ) Your project is not interesting enough for any fan community to take interest in.
(X) Your project is presented in a hurried, disorganized, impersonal, and/or haphazard manner.
(X) Your project may suffer from inexperienced or improper leadership.
( ) Your project is too similar to several other projects, all of which have failed.
(X) Your project is too similar to several other projects, all of which are much further along than yours.
(X) Your project may suffer from your apparent inability to form coherent English thoughts.
( ) Your project is at the stage of "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if...?"
(X) Your project does not have a well-defined development plan.
(X) Your project does not have any tangible signs of progress.
( ) Your project would likely end in a Ceast and Desist letter.
( ) Your project is not feasible using existing technologies.
( ) Other (please specify): ________________________________

You should:

( ) Try again after better enumerating your project.
( ) Try again when you can demonstrate some tangible progress.
( ) Try again after adjusting your project's feasibility.
(X) Give up; your project shows no signs that it will be successful.

klois

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Wow, harsh. Perhaps what they really need is a second chance to present their idea and project.

..Or maybe not?

I don't think we want to encourage them to give up, do we? I mean it does suck when a project doesn't make it, but we should at least tell them to keep trying, right? Maybe showing him all the reasons why will help make the project form up better.
Iunno, if he gets people recruited, good luck to them.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:38:57 pm by klois »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
How about this,

What do you have done so far?

glyth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Meh i wont give up ,and  im assumeing your saying i cant lead cuz i have no grammer  and no spelling but your wrong and guess what you nero typical  , Autisics are the most creative thing on this planet and that be me  a Autisic

that and what i never seen one  chrono trigger online game aslo 2nd i started  around 1999

How about this,

What do you have done so far?

depends on the engine on wellof souls i have the Monster sprites all skined out and all the maps maped out
i guess all i realy need is a scripter to enhance the game  but graphics be nice  to new ones
and im writeing scenes out

as for the other engine i have one tile  down and working on more there hard to convert becuz the other engine uses 33 x 33  bmp 0.0 but il get round it
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:48:51 pm by glyth »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
No this is a question that EVERY project is asked, what do you have done so far? Do you have a story, character designs, sketches, a means of developing it(Temporal flux, RPG maker, or just a Good old C++ complier)? What do you have to show?

glyth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
well  classes  would be Lighten/Fire/Ice/Physic-Lighten/Shadow/Fist by chars you ment that right ?

and the storys already been ploted in my brain    and aslo i said what engine im useing  Well of Souls and eXtream worlds

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Pretty good failure thing; I put that on the Fan Projects page right above Abandoned Fan Projects. Credited the right people, of course...

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
Glad someone thought it was at least somewhat amusing. Everyone is welcome to add to it if I forgot anything.

Glyth, I didn't mean to offend or discourage you, but posts such as yours invariably lead to entries under the aforementioned Abandoned Fan Projects, if the projects even get that far. You are welcome to try to buck the trend, but I don't see you getting much community help if you continue like this.

glyth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
it wont ever get abandond well inles i die of old age well im 25 now and i get ssi so i got all the time in the world and sence ps2 has run out of rpgs ((if gamespot releases are accurent ps2 has no more rpgs and  fully dies in 2010)) i have no distractions from the project , i just want graphic help to a project thats been sence 1999  i mean god ur not  human if u cant ever desire compey 

please link me to the failed projects aslo  that were  Multiplayer   as i saw none in ur mt woe thing
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:50:11 am by glyth »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Um...Chrono Trigger was never multiplayer...sooo..Why ask that?

glyth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Um...Chrono Trigger was never multiplayer...sooo..Why ask that?

cuz he said simler  so this would be the first CT fan game thats  multiplayer then?

LegacyCrono

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Mt. Woe (Dead Fan Projects) got a new project. Again... This is sooo not interessing...  :| You could at least show us a screenshot.

Just give up. This won't do. And, heck, Well of Souls? Dude, why not RPG Maker 95?  :? Seriously, try something better. Game Maker is a nice tool, and works nice for online games too.

LegacyCrono said.
LegacyCrono warned.
SEE YA!!!!!