Author Topic: A Message From ZeaLitY  (Read 4120 times)

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 11:09:54 pm »
It's alright if you write up a mediocre entry! :)   If someone who's a genius on this stuff runs across it, they'd probably be more than happy to fix it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2004, 05:35:30 pm »
Alright. Someone with a browser other than IE, I need you to go to http://ryoga.heypoorplayer.org/ctpp/ and download these pictures:

Every picture under 'The Protoype' except the Lavos background
Every picture under 'The Proto Cartridge'
Every picture under 'The V-Jump Edition'
Every picture under 'The Final'
Every picture under 'Misc. Comparisons'
Every picture under http://ryoga.heypoorplayer.org/ctpp/eigth.html
Every picture under 'Other Oddities' down to the Fleaver; I already have the cards

After this is done, hit http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Special:Upload and upload those suckers. A bug prevents me from doing it in Internet Explorer. Once this is done, we can wrap up the Prerelease (again).

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 12:40:34 am »
Sorry, I use IE.  Are there any quick CT entries that I can write up?  I want to be of some help!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 07:20:12 pm »
Done. Firefox > IE.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 03:02:54 am »
RD, mind if I debate that point with you sometime?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2004, 11:56:16 pm »
My computer isn't working right now, so don't expect quick replies, but sure, fine by me.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 02:59:46 am »
That's rather alright, for I do not have my primary sources readily for about one or two weeks. Be glad to take you on then.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doulifee.com
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2004, 06:17:36 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
So, who'd be willing to just do something? Images will come later, by the way. If you volunteer I can tell you what to do, or you can find something you'd like to do.

i can't garantee quickness, but i can do something.

let's share the burden...
No weight heavier than 3 tons please.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2004, 10:07:00 pm »
Progress update: I've finished the Shots, added a "Types" index, and redone all the Attack/Hit entries to the more meaningful +X/+Y% form (the old form was only accurate for certain characters when they weren't equipped with Attack or Hit altering accessories).

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2004, 10:56:16 pm »
I'll get working again on the monsters sections soon. If anybody has any home made sprite sheets of any monster feel free to add them in.

Empiric

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 11:10:33 pm »
Ask away at what youd like me to do, however I must admit my web skills are lacking.  Perhaps a little technical writing to get myself back into shape?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2004, 10:47:57 pm »
I just added all of the Armors (not the specific informations, but all of the names and types) for Chrono Cross...Although I was confused on some because you equip Helmets as Accessories...I put them in Armors though, as well as other things that I figured as Armor. I'm not sure about Tiaras though as they only boost M. Def, but I think they act as Helmets by taking up that spot, don't they? So I put them in Armor too...I also put in Pierre's Hero's Shield...and Ghetz's Shirt, since I figured they are armor and they will probably get their own entries, even if Ghetz's Shirt isn't real.

Also, I was wondering about that stuff for the stats...In my Brady Guide (not the best resource, I know, but hear me out...) it shows a base stat for the first of any type of weapon (mostly Ivory weapons), but for the others it then gives a +#. Before, I had simply added that number to the first weapon's base stat...Where did they get that base stat seeing as they aren't true? Also, I would then need all the Ivory or 1st weapon's stats before I could do the others (unless I went through a game, which I currently can't...unless I write stuff down...hey, I found a solution!) because I think the Brady Guide is right on their +# thing, just that it needs to add to it the original +# attack bonus...I think...Ah hell...I'll just do it the hard way I guess...

Also, I was wondering about Magic & Elements...Are Chrono Cross's Elements going under 'Magic'? Or is it going to have it's own sub-section? I noticed that so far the Magic section is basically a mini-article about Chrono Trigger's Magic system currently, but doesn't really show the Magic Techs or anything...Is something like that supposed to go there even?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2004, 11:14:54 pm »
Well, here's the general pattern I found for typical weapons:

Ivory weapons (and the Sea Swallow) have +8 Attack, +0% Hit
Bronze: +10 Attack, +1% Hit
Iron: +13 Attack, +2% Hit
Mythril: +16 Attack, +2% Hit
Denadorite: +20 Attack, +3% Hit
Rainbow: +25 Attack, +4% Hit

Type modifications:

Daggers: -1 Attack
Axes: -1% Hit

Hit modifications (based on the characters stated Hit%, to find actual Hit%):

80%: +2%
85%: +0%
90%: -1%

For unique weapons (Mastermune, Einlanzier, etc.), you'll have to compare the bonus the guide gives to whatever the minimum bonus is.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 02:44:05 pm »
With that, i suppose it is time to finish Chrono Cross Weapons. Who would be up for it? Remember the Name Origin and Japanese equivalent now go under the actual game entry (earlier this year when work first began, they were above). Checking the existing entries for accidents of this kind would also help. Real World Influences is a good reference for name origins.

Once this is done we can begin wtih Accessories. Radical Dreamers does not have a list of any kind, so we'll have to make entries for stuff we read about, such as the jewel on the jeweled dagger. I asked the Gamefaqs RD board to name some accessories from memory, but they could not.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
A Message From ZeaLitY
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2004, 05:00:05 pm »
Meh, I guess I'll do it. I've been doing most of the work on it recently, anyway. I won't make any promises about how long it will take, however. It all depends on when I get around to it and how long it takes before I get bored.