Author Topic: Chrono Crisis Halloween Update!  (Read 4529 times)

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
Chrono Crisis Halloween Update!
« on: October 31, 2007, 05:25:08 am »
Special update today! Be sure to check out www.chrono-crisis.com too!

Firstly, something I'm sure everyone will be excited to see... finalized artwork for Xavier, Matison, and Celia! All done by our wonderful new artist, Dice. I'm sure you'll notice that Matison's outfit is different, this is because I felt the old design didn't really catch Matison's personality and battle style perfectly. I also wanted to give her a more futuristic look and a cool accessory. (Headphones! XD)

Here's the new artwork of Xavier, Matison, and Celia:

Secondly, there's a new screenshot available in the Gallery. Don't you just love convenience stores?

Next up, a new music clip has been put up in Downloads, "Forward to the Past." It's an old version of the intro that has made it's way to be used in a different way. Where though, is a secret. ^__~

Roe's Cross remix, "Dreaming By Your Side," is going to be featured in Crisis. To give it a listen, find it in Roe's Soundclick:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=255190

Finally, I had our second new artist prepare a teaser poster for this occasion. Check out it: (Click for bigger size!)

This poster is an ad for an upcoming concert in the Crisis world, featuring the hottest music artist in Guardia, Calypso. Calypso used to be a somewhat different character who went by another name. Hardcore fans may remember the old version of her, do you?

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed this update! Happy Halloween! Now go out and do something fun!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:49:41 pm by Chains Of Fate »

djespe

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Crisis Halloween Update!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:27:53 am »
Cool, I'll be the first to say this game is looking AMAZING!  I'm now 2nd guessing the idea that it should be based on Square's game, if only to ensure that they don't throw a C&D fit and ruin your painstaking work.  As for the final designs for Xavier (xavier...?) and the girls: they look WAY better than the first wave of images.  You're putting the work in, at it shows!  I would PAY for this game.  How far along percent wise would you say?  And do you have an estimate on how long it'll take to put out the final product? (It seems like you guys have gotten back into the groove of things in the last month or so.)  Keep it up, Ladies and Sirs!  :D

PS: That screenshot is impressive.  The tiling on the floor doesn't match the scale though.  Not the pattern itself, b/c that fits just fine, it's just the tiles seem too big/not representative of the camera angle.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 08:35:01 am by djespe »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:30:06 am »
The new character designs are very nice. This semi-realistic style is reminiscent of the style used in the King of Fighters series (or I guess SNK fighting games in general). I'd say Xavier's right hand is a bit too small though, especially compared to his head. Anyway, Celia is perfect; she looks much sexier than before (and than Matison).

The screenshot is great, although the black and white tiling is a bit hard on the eye (the contrast is very high compared with the rest of the screen).

Dreaming in the Rain was on VGMix, wasn't it? I've heard the full version (http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/On_the_Beach_of_Dreams_%7E_Another_World_%7E.html#VGMix), it's an awesome track. I'm not sure where the rain is though... The name shown in the mp3 tag is "Dreaming by your Side". Are you sure it's the correct file?

One interesting detail is this moon in the poster... Apparently, the Chrono Crisis world has only one moon, unlike the Chrono Cross world(s).

Overall, it's all awesome!

EDIT: Aha, I remember now, Dice is the artist who did the "Fountain" artwork! It's nice to see her style is consistent across different works. She's a great artist.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:45:00 pm by Chrono'99 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:01:16 pm »
Wow, Chrono Crisis is DEFINITELY in good hands. I'm floored by the artwork; it's better than a lot of the stuff professionals put out for RPGs these days, though I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste. Way to go Dice!

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 04:19:56 pm »
Ah yes, the title is "Dreaming By Your Side" somehow I misnamed the clip last night, though it was like 3 AM... >.> I'll probably be removing that clip since the full version is available... I just wanted to see if anyone could find it. XD

LegacyCrono

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 08:00:51 pm »
Hey guys!

Looks like there's a problem with the PM system. Oh well.
Chains, you must be mad as hell with me, our last contact was like a month ago. I'm still interessed in helping the project, but I'm HELL LOADED with school work to do. Two softwares, a game, a movie, an essay and more... Well, anyway. I'm having little to no time to work on my projects. But I'm sure I'll have time December.

SEE YA!!!!!

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 08:16:55 pm »
Thank you for the update!

Glad to see progress, and am thrilled that you are not abandoning the project.
Not to say I thought you were abandoning it, but so many other fan games get started and fall flat on their face.
Great to see this one is not.

Keep up the excellent work!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 08:53:11 pm »
So convenience stores of the future just pack everything in troughs, huh...I LIKES IT!!!

sage

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 09:06:11 pm »
Very cool!

I've been looking at yall's website for the past month and I gotta say, I'm having high hopes for this project to come through :).  I only wish I had some skill at programming or drawing to help out...but alas, I'm a math geek instead of an artist lol.  I do hope that this goes very well though!

Thanks for the update!

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 10:30:01 pm »
Glad everyone's enjoying the update! ^^ We're working very hard, and don't worry, as long as there's life in these bones, Crisis shall live!

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 10:33:24 pm »
As Always you are diehard workers.

Glad everyone's enjoying the update! ^^ We're working very hard, and don't worry, as long as there's life in these bones, Crisis shall live!
Don't jinx it, it is Halloween. :shock:

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 10:53:07 pm »
Oh no worries Legacy, I'm not angry. ^^ Just let me know around Christmas time when you're free!

Darkshadw

• Porrean (+50)
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 08:43:08 am »
This is an amazing update. You guys never cease to amaze me.  8)