Author Topic: 10/28/07 Info  (Read 1031 times)

Shinrin

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
10/28/07 Info
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:35:38 am »
I had a corrupted rom to crop up on me. Justin3009 tried to help me out with it, but couldn't get it back working. Luckly I had a back up copy, It's older than the rom that got corrupted, But maybe it was a good thing after all. Anyway, I exported everything from the back up and made a clean rom, expanded it apply my font hack and justin's title screen hack, imported everything in. though some stuff needs to be fixed. while exporting stuff, I happened to find something to fix on Proto Dome 1999 AD map i created. I just happed outta luck to find it. So now the consoles doesn't look stupid now.

Anyway a minor set back for now. Hopefully things will continue to go well.

Thank god for back up!

Also, The normal opening to CT has been re added into the rom. That's right after the intro, the game starts to play like it normally does like you started a new game on CT.

Some how that got corrupted on my rom and when i tried to fix it, the rom went to hell. Anyway It's working right now. I gotta fix things now, and try my best to get back to where i left off at before the accident.

The rom hack is still on. :D

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: 10/28/07 Info
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 01:36:52 am »
Yayyy!  Corruption is the spawn of satan just so you know =[

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: 10/28/07 Info
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 04:29:16 am »
That's why I'd like this feature in TF (although personally the only kind of corruption I had lately was the easily-fixable text corruption):

Could there be an option to automatically back up the former ROM when you save the current ROM? i.e. when you save the changes made to a ROM, the former state of the ROM would be copied to a file suffixed with the date (for instance Chronotrigger-2007-04-12-10-40.smc).

This way there would be a backup for every saved modification; this would be useful to prevent corruption, or to investigate said corruption if there is a need to "go back" and see what modifications were made.