Author Topic: CTOSV  (Read 4059 times)

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
CTOSV
« on: October 24, 2007, 02:53:45 am »
Well, it seems what I did not want to happen, has happened.....
   Almost three years ago now, I started on a venture to have an almost "piano collections" type album for Chrono Trigger. The inspiration for this venture came from the internet musician trend at the time, started by people like the Blindfolded Pianist (now the VGP). From the VGP's forums, this project was born and had many musicians in it. It seemed that it would be done within the year. The months went on and with the VGP's forum dissapearence, went the pianists. At that time pianists were hard to find, but I still managed to keep it up. This was followed by the complete destruction of my computer, in which almost all of the songs were lost. At that time, many of the original musicians were gone, and all contact with them was lost, making the retaining of the songs impossible. From there I continued to try and keep the project running, which leads to now.

At this day and age on the internet, the video game pianist base/fanbase is almost gone (compared to what it was.) Finding musicians willing to record large numbers of songs is nearly impossible. So that said, I am discontinuing the CTOSV Live project.
   However, there are still many tracks recorded (not as much as I had before the PC collapse.) I will be doing my best to master these and get them into an album of some sort by mid November at the latest. It will feature about 20+ songs, and if I can find any, some bonus material of some sort.
   I would like to thank all of you who have kept your interest in the project these past 3 years and who have contributed in any way. A big thank you to Zeality for letting us use this board. I am sorry that it had to come to a close, but as they say "thems the breaks."
     Keep an eye out for the remains of the project, coming in mid november.
     Thank you

sage

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: CTOSV
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:13:55 am »
Sorry to hear about all the troubles you had to go through.  Atleast you can get some of the songs you worked on out.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 11:08:26 pm »
All projects should have waivers signed by anyone who joins stating that if you leave/disappear that your work will still be used by the project unless otherwise stated by the contributer.

Anyways...that's too bad...I knew that Chrono ROM hacks & the like were unlikely to be finished...but a Piano compilation? Damn shame.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 12:50:49 am »
Sorry to hear that, Wiesty.  Projects like that (especially the more they rely on others) are very challenging to keep alive.  Just the same, I wish you the best in all of your other current and future endeavors.

diablo2121

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 12:53:39 am »
Did this go MIA once again?

It seems I've been forever waiting for mid-November...  :(

Shadoninja

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 11:14:29 pm »
is it too late for any pianists that still want to help in this  project?

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 11:32:11 pm »
(walks into Manoria Cathedral and plays on the organ the following notes) D-E-A-D.   Suddenly the floor where you got Lenee's braclet slides to the left and you go down this dark passage and find some CD's in boxes in a small little chamber as big as a standard jail cell.   

The cds say 'Chrono Trigger Piano Compleltation due for release Mid Novemeber, do NOT open until Mid-November.  Copyrighted by Wiesty do not reproduce without premission.'    Opens cds anyways and takes it 2 Guardia 1005AD and plays it on Chrono's PC since Lucca invented the Personal Computer.    Beautfil piano music comes out of Chrono's home floodng Truce Village with beautiful sound putting the Piano player at Truce inn to shame.   

He is now out of a job.

Oh I almost forgot about the note inside the first case!  'Things aren't what they always appear to be user.'
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:34:20 pm by 4th Triforce piece »

diablo2121

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:05:36 pm »
Perhaps it was a misunderstanding?

Mid-November, 2008?  :lol:

Anyway, there's at least two fans still waiting...

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 10:51:57 pm »
(puts in CD in Gato's CD tray and he does the piano version of 'Gato's Theme'.    :D     Lucca made a CD tray for Gato after I showed her the invention of the Compact Disc from Earth.