Author Topic: CHRONO CROSS FILE EXPLORATION THREAD  (Read 64761 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: CHRONO CROSS FILE EXPLORATION THREAD
« Reply #705 on: July 12, 2008, 02:13:54 pm »
OOOOH, Vehek, what exactly did you type in for the argument of the LZSS_D function? Was it literally:

LZSS_D 30_fichiers_avant\some subfolder\File # ?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 12, 2008, 02:18:29 pm »
I think it needs the "|". It finds the directory name by reading until it finds a "|". It assumes the folder is in the 30_fichiers_avant folder.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 12, 2008, 02:20:29 pm »
Alrighty, I'll try that out, as I had no clue about the "|" belonging somewhere. Holy cow, we could be digging into fieldscript soon...

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:59 pm »
An example:
Lzss_D /|3
This would load 0003.lzs in the 30_fichiers_avant folder.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 12, 2008, 02:47:20 pm »
Okay, thanks. I'm having problems getting my CC_CD1.iso to dump now using Nemesis' tools, so it might be awhile before I figure this out.

MDenham

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Glowsticks are not a weapon.
    • View Profile
    • Java IRC - konata.echoes-online.com
« Reply #710 on: July 12, 2008, 07:21:53 pm »
Onward, to the engine!

Open up 0000.out in the hex editor of your choice and head to 0x91700 - there's 176 pointers here, but I'm not sure to what.  The first three point to strings ("GET_CASTER", "GET_TARGET", and "GET_ACTOR" respectively), and then we run into pointers to actual functions.  However...  some of these functions land well outside where the program's code is (in fact, a relatively large portion) so there's obviously a second portion of the program being loaded as an overlay. 

0002.out has a similar table near the beginning (0x00144-0x00673, 332 entries) with a sizable number of repeats - it seems to be the overlay in question (loaded at (80)0a1200, as compared to the main program's (80)010000).

How many elements and techs, combined, are there in Chrono Cross (including ones that don't work to the best of our knowledge)?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 12, 2008, 07:39:04 pm »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Elements.html

Count all the colored and then add it to the total number of Other Techs and Monster Techs.

MDenham

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 12, 2008, 07:56:15 pm »

Count all the colored and then add it to the total number of Other Techs and Monster Techs.
Yeah, the only reason I hadn't done that was because for some reason those pages are loading a bit slowly for me.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like 281 total...  but that only counts Pip's techs, not any of the other characters'.  Throwing in everyone else's puts it up to 408, so neither of these pointer tables is the tech/element list (if they're separate lists, it's 125 elements, 283 techs - which might be the case, but it's a little messy to do that).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:02:27 pm by MDenham »

Satoh

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 12, 2008, 08:03:20 pm »

Yeah, the only reason I hadn't done that was because for some reason those pages are loading a bit slowly for me.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like 281 total...  but that only counts Pip's techs, not any of the other characters'.  Throwing in everyone else's puts it up to 408, so neither of these pointer tables is the tech/element list (if they're separate lists, it's 125 elements, 283 techs - which might be the case, but it's a little messy to do that).

They take about 4 minutes to load for me, so I've been ignoring the non forum functions of late...

MDenham

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 13, 2008, 01:00:52 am »
They take about 4 minutes to load for me, so I've been ignoring the non forum functions of late...
Yeah, it's not quite that bad for me, but pages that take longer than 30 seconds to even start loading the HTML induce ADD in me. :D  I blame my cable modem for this - 8mbps downloads do that to me.

Z, not to pry too much into hosting-related matters, but have you looked into colocation?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 13, 2008, 02:13:33 am »
Well, Ramsus would be better at answering that.

Cyberman

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 17, 2008, 09:03:56 pm »
Silly question what is the latest script for import/export?

The next thing is a suggestion, if/when/how etc. the script changes someplace for finding or knowing when it's updated would be useful.  Erstwhile I did look at the script and I'm pretty sure the copy I have has likely seen modification ( a few times).  I plan on importing it to POV, I noticed there are normals associated with the model (or at least they appear to be).  Are these regular surface normals or something else?

Cyb

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #717 on: July 17, 2008, 09:28:51 pm »
The latest version is 0.3.1, which I attached to a post buried several pages ago in this thread. I attached it again here; if you already have this version, there's no need to download again.

I'm not 100% convinced that set of data is normals, but treating them as such seems to work okay for the models we've looked at so far. If they are normals, then they are defined on a per-vertex basis.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cyberman

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 18, 2008, 08:16:21 am »
You have not attempted to use smooth triangles with them (IE interpolated normals across them polygons)?
I'll see what I get with and without that in POV. That will have to be done when I have time I'll be late for work if I don't move it.

Stephen

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 25, 2008, 05:04:37 am »
I think OUT 4 in the CODE folder made by RoomDecompress is the walkmesh.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 03:54:05 pm by Vehek »