Author Topic: Character Sprite Request  (Read 14636 times)

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« on: November 06, 2004, 04:29:30 pm »
Alright, I figured that it would be good policy for those involved in the fanfic to have some sort of visual representation for their characters, so I'm making a request thread for them (duh).  

Anyway, here's my character Serian Rendath.

And here are a few other sprite mods to let you further see my qualifications.

CT MODS

This is a mix between Magus and Lavos' final form.

This is what Slash and Flea's baby would look like.

FFVI MODS

This is a Star Wars Keldor mod that I created using a Gogo sprite.

This is what the characters of Final Fantasy would look like in 2.5-D.

This is what the characters of Final Fantasy VII would look like in the world of Final Fantasy VI.

So, yeah.  Give a description of your character and I'll see what I can do.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 05:32:21 pm »
Actually, your FF1 Thief sprite comes pretty close to what I had in mind for Gargeth. The hair is definitely not blue though--more of a dirty blonde, with emphasis on the dirt--the pants would be longer and baggier (with, if possible, a visible hole/tear or two) and the shirt would be a lot rattier--as my description puts it, his chest is usually covered, if at all, by a torn potato sack.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 06:50:09 pm »
Alright, how about this?

Choose which one you want, though I think all of the sprites should be the same style, preferably CT.  Whichever one you like better, however...

Oh, and the darker spots on the shirt/pants are tears.  I tried other methods of depicting them, but...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 07:48:45 pm »
Sigma - Like the Aeris sprite, but no rod and plainer clothing.

Backer - Like Squall from FF8, but slightly lighter hair color, slightly more colorful clothing, and sunglasses.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 09:12:31 pm »
Both of those are awesome--if you want all of yours to be CT-style, stick with that one, since they're pretty even. But could you show at least a little blonde in his hair? Maybe at the roots or something. And I think it would look better without the distinction between the bangs and the rest of his hair--i.e., replace the black lines that define his bangs with more brown. Finally, maybe a spot or two of red on his face and something similar on his arm, to represent recent scars.

I could probably do all that myself, but I'm hella lazy.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 10:40:25 pm »
CTfreak: here's the revised Garg.

Leebot: here's your Sigma.

I'm not going to try to make your Backer sprite until I get a better description, i.e. specific colors and clothing type.  "Slightly more colorful clothing" doesn't give me much to work with considering that the original clothing is black, and I doubt you want your character wearing something with a fur collar. 8)  

Any others?

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 11:37:39 pm »
Kick-ass.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 05:26:27 am »
Meh...I personally don't think it's such a hot idea...I mean, this is going to be a pretty long fic, right? Like most novels, you don't have lots of pictures and such because everyone will see the characters and the settings slightly differently depending on their own personal circumstances...Having pictures kind of limits how people see them...Although, I guess these are just sprites, and aren't really detailed or anything...But still...I feel we should let the words speak for themselves...

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 09:29:23 am »
Well...it's not like the sprites will be posted in the actual story thread, so they won't be included with the words, if that's what you're worried about.  These are just for visual aid purposes.  And besides, you don't have to have one.  It'd just be kind of cool to see our characters fleshed out in the style of the world we're picturing them in, you know?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 03:25:56 am »
We're picturing them pixelated? I mean, they're not gonna be Toriyama'd or anything...I guess I don't get it...*heh heh*...Visual aids for whom then? I still think that the words should be able to speak for themselves in that regard...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 12:14:18 pm »
Alright, the Sigma sprite looks good. For Backer, I was just thinking of a brown coat instead of black (probably should have just said that).

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 06:12:53 pm »
Due to lack of computer programs (and plus my computer's modem is dead), I am using a slow library computer. I am therefore unable to make any sort of sprites at the time. And the Library closes early on saturdays, so I can't do a thing on the weekends. So I am in a fix.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 06:32:11 pm »
I don't know how well this suits your fancy, Leebot, but here's a preliminary Backer.

Thoughts?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 06:36:14 pm »
The clothing looks good, just give him sunglasses (I plan to make it one of his trademark features).

Oh, and thanks.

EDIT: Minor.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sprite Request
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 08:20:25 pm »
Updated.  You like?