Author Topic: Different gate speeds  (Read 1058 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Different gate speeds
« on: October 14, 2007, 11:53:23 am »
Has anyone noticed in some gates in CT the blue wave-thingies spin faster then others? Like the gate in Guardia Forest 1000 AD to 2300 AD. The waves in that gate really were spinning faster then the other gates.

I wonder what it means?

Generality

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Different gate speeds
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 07:01:03 pm »
Well, I know some gates last longer, mainly for dramatic effect. The first one (from Leene Square 1000AD to the Misty Mountains 600AD) takes a long time to pass through, initially, so that the player can revel in the coolness of the time portal (I assume that's the reason). The Bucket Gate also takes longer to pass through, and inexplicably has a rainbow around its edge. Then there's the supergate made by Lavos (presumably) in Magus' castle, Lucca's red gate, and I remember seeing a green gate somewhere, I think...

My point is, there are a whole bunch of anomalous gates, and none of them have any real in-game explanation for their differences.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:13:23 pm »
Doesn't one of them flash to? My guess is it because they all go to diffrent places. If They all went to 600A.D. they would all take a long time.

Kletian

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 11:48:53 pm »
Except the first time to 600A.D. is longer than every other time you go to the same place and time so the differences are just for effect.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 09:34:44 am »
Well, I know some gates last longer, mainly for dramatic effect. The first one (from Leene Square 1000AD to the Misty Mountains 600AD) takes a long time to pass through, initially, so that the player can revel in the coolness of the time portal (I assume that's the reason). The Bucket Gate also takes longer to pass through, and inexplicably has a rainbow around its edge. Then there's the supergate made by Lavos (presumably) in Magus' castle, Lucca's red gate, and I remember seeing a green gate somewhere, I think...

My point is, there are a whole bunch of anomalous gates, and none of them have any real in-game explanation for their differences.

That green gate is the gate on the telepod that ports you to Lavos in NG+.

But yeah I guess its just for show then