Author Topic: Marle and Leene  (Read 1494 times)

Azala

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Queen of the Reptites
    • View Profile
Marle and Leene
« on: September 27, 2007, 08:24:09 pm »
I have a question. When Marle was sent to the middle ages, and found by Guardia, they mistook her for the missing Queen Leene and called off the search that altered the timeline, causing Leene to remain captured, thus preventing Marle from being born. Because of this, Marle disappears right before your eyes, as she was removed from the timeline. How is this possible? Since Marle time-travelled to the Midle-Ages, wouldn't she have time traveller's immunity and be unaffected by changes to her past?

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
Re: Marle and Leene
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:32:52 pm »
I think it has something to do with the guys that travel time being immune to their own changes, but not the changes of others.

I'm more curious as to how a near-thirty Queen had no kids despite being married at least 10 years 8|

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:47:57 pm »
This whole problem is why we have the Marle Paradox in the Plot Inconsistencies section.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 04:58:25 pm »
As far as the lack of an heir in 600AD is concerned, the arranged(?) marriage between Leene and Guardia might have been a disaster. My pet theory is that Leene had a fling with Cyrus and Guardia XXI was decent enough to avoid dragging her through the public shame a medieval divorce could have brought on Leene and Guardia's national hero. I have no evidence of this, of course, although --

*Cyrus' last request of Glenn as he's being burned alive is that he protect Leene.

*Leene and the king sleep on opposite sides of the castle, if I'm not mistaken.

*As he's leaving to seek out Masamune, Cyrus speaks with the castle guards as if he intends to leave permanently. Did Cyrus simply sense his own impending doom, or did he plan on putting some permanent distance between himself and Leene so as to prevent wrecking her marriage?

Anyway, I'll take Leene x Cyrus over Leene x Frog or Cyrus x Frog (!) any day.

Generality

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 11:54:56 pm »
I think Cyrus was more loyal to the queen than he was in love with her. His last words to Glenn were to protect her, because that had been his principle duty and he was asking Glenn to take it up as he was no longer able to fulfill it.

As for his exit from the castle, he actually promised to return. Guardia commanded him to, and he said he would, "so long as there is life in these bones."

As to why the king and queen sleep so far from each other, though, I've got nothing. My guess would be it was more to do with the dungeon structure than actual plot, but I can't back that up.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 02:15:40 am »
Maybe Leene didn't want to bring a life into such a troublesome situation, especially with all the kidnappings and such. Kinda like how Peach ain't carrying Mario's baby just yet.

The technology in Chronoland is just ridiculous sometimes, so it's believable that they'd have film-making equipment but no birth control.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 07:54:20 pm »
Lucca is wrong. The Entity did it. Hooray!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:23:37 am »
Actually, Yuuji Horii did it. Look at what he said about Chrono Trigger in an interview:

A character would travel to the past, make some actions, and that would change the current or future situation of the character….

Isn't that the exact description of what happened to Marle?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 03:31:32 pm »
Yeah, but in Marle's case it was a little weird. If Leene dies in 600 AD, you'd think Marle disappears. But while Leene is alive in 600 AD Marle is not supposed to disappear. But she did disappear.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 05:04:45 am »
Point is Yuuji Horii = plot-hole maker

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 02:01:15 pm »
Point is Yuuji Horii = plot-hole maker

Hell yes!
I wouldn´t want him anywhere near the next Chrono game, by any chance.