Poll

Rate Razzly on a scale of A (best) to D (worst).

A
1 (8.3%)
B
4 (33.3%)
C
6 (50%)
D
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 13, 2007, 01:26:48 am

Author Topic: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 32: Razzly  (Read 4691 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 32: Razzly
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:26:48 am »
Evaluate Razzly based on her character design, combat usefulness, and Tilt factor -- which can mean anything, from how much she strikes you as cool to how important she is to the plot.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Razzly.html

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 01:55:22 am by ZeaLitY »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Cross Characters 32: Razzly
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 11:15:40 am »
Character Design: Beautiful cute little fairy pixie like entity. I like her flower wand and the pink puff balls.

Combat Usefulness: She's a green, but not too powerful from what I remember.

Tilt: She's important to the story insofar as Kid's recovery is concerned--if you take that path--and has nice little points of view on other events, such as witnessing the death of the Hydra to inform the Dwarves that the hydra was pregnant...but beyond that, not really useful. Like many such characters she gets a point in the game where she'll shine and then disappear from the stage forever, which means she does not qualify as a PC. I still really like her though.

Final Grade: C.

On a side note, I'm beginning to wonder if a Final Fantasy XII style guest party member system might not be so bad after all for a redux of Chrono Cross...while many characters would still be written out, characters like Razzly could still join and be important for their spot on the stage.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 03:36:02 pm »
Character Design: Cute little flying pixie thing.  Unique design.

Combat Ability:  ...I didn't use her too much...but she didn't seem that great.

She is important to the story, i'll say that...I never actually used her much so i'm not really sure. 

Final Grade: C - Characters important to the story should be above D imo, and since her design is hardly seen in RPGs, gives it another boost.

On something related to another character, I personally found Pip was great.  His(her unsure) healing elements/techs were VERY useful in times of need.  He/She was actually one of the strongest people on my team.  I find him/her better then Razzly imo.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 07:40:52 pm »
Character Design: Look everyone! A fairy! And I'm not talking about Pierre. jk

Combat: Razzly isn't that powerful, and she is at a disadvantage during the first dwarf battle, but after a couple of battles, she is ready for the Hi-Ho Tank. And she has a triple tech.

Tilt: Razzly has a few great scenes during the Water Dragon Isle.

Final Grade: B

SimChao

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 08:22:19 pm »
Character Design: One of the coolest character designs in Chrono Cross, IMO, Razzly's design is both quirky and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Combat Usefulness: Her magic and tech skills are devastating. It's also notable that she is one of the few characters in the game that have a triple tech. To be fair, the god-awful HP and defensive stats are a bit of a hindrance for Razzly. Her magic stat is off the charts, though, so maybe her frailty is necessary for balance.

Tilt: Razzly has a fair bit of character development, and offers you some useful insight in certain scenes, which is nifty. She doesn't have a profound effect on the plot, but she's fun to have around.

Final Grade: B.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:10 pm »
Character Design - A lil sprite character in lil sprite colors...nothing fantastic.

Combat Usefulness - She uses a rod, which is one of the more slightly unique weapons in that not everyone in the game uses them. Plus, she's got a special rod, so that's nice...it's a flower. Her Techs are all cutesy things you'd expect from such a sprite.

Tilt Factor - Overall just another nothing character. She's got a kind of touching scene when almost all of her people are wiped out by the hi-ho dwarves...but aside from that she should have stayed an NPC (hell she even looks like a generic NPC).

Final Grade - D

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 10:57:59 pm »
Character Design: A green base colored cute little fairy that actually flies around! (unlike Guile who just hovers).

Combat Usefulness: Okay, let's see... Green innate with devastating magical abilities and Tech skills. She is only third I believe, in highest magical stat value out of all the characters. Her weapon type is rods, but she also happens to have a unique and special kind, which is also consistent with her whole design: The Flower Rod
She has a child-sized body due to the nature of her kind, which makes special type armors available to her giving her an incredible boost in her evasion value, if coupled with a pair of Winged Shoes (which also match with her character design!).  Also, one of three characters that have the only Triple Tech in a Normal Game.

Tilt Factor: She gets quite a bit of character development during the whole Water Dragon Isle quest of the first part of the game. She also represents part of one of the themes which the game stands for: choices. That is, depending on what you do during the Hydra Marshes, and also during the time in which the dwarves assault her home; you get very different end results from them. This is why I believe she is key to a part of the plot in Chrono Cross, and why I'm more than fairly certain that her story path is actually the one true path that Serge would ultimately choose (it's not like he's a complete idiot, who would have no idea whatsoever as to what to do in an emergency situation, such as the one that was presented to him when Kid was poisoned).

Final Grade: A
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 11:22:46 pm by dankun »

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 07:25:40 pm »
Why is voting closed?... I would have voted B.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 01:25:30 am »
I forgot to make the new poll last night, so the poll thread was open for 3 days.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 09:31:27 pm »
So, when do we continue to vote?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 01:55:05 am »
Just flat out forgot due to coursework. Sorry.