Author Topic: Playing as Dark Serge  (Read 3017 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Playing as Dark Serge
« on: October 20, 2007, 10:59:10 pm »
Would it be possible to change the Serge sprite / portrait with Dark Serge's? And that he's wielding the scythe?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Playing as Dark Serge
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:37:34 am »
I imagine it might be possible with some iso hacking. People have tried it with GameShark, though I'm not sure how successful they were. It would certainly rock, 'cause Dark Serge had a really awesome character design IMO.

EDIT: Actually, we certainly have the capability of changing Serge's portrait for Dark Serge's at this point in time. Basically, you'd need to find out where Serge's portrait is in the iso via hexadecimal offsets, then simply do a cut & paste of Dark Serge's face file (It's of the .TIM file type) overtop of Serge's in a hex editor. But changing the face won't do ya any good till we figure out how to rip the models. :cry:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:40:28 am by FaustWolf »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 11:15:19 am »
I have no experience at that stuff so I wouldn't be able to pull it off. I searched GameSharks already but so far I've never seen ones that allow you to play with NPC's.

Well, I hope someone can find out.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 03:32:44 pm »
Wait what?  Play with NPCS?  Like actually play as them in stuff in battle or just walking around as them?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 08:37:25 pm »
In this case I'd also mean in battle. Since there's battle data for the Dark Serge character it should be possible.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 12:37:59 am »
I do remember though that was a game shark code or w/e that allowed you to play as Serge Lynx.  The first time where you play as Lynx against everyone...only issue was that the scythe never showed up >_>

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 01:02:06 pm »
The scythe showed up for me when I played as Serge/Lynx back in the day, IIRC. I never did keep a record of the code I used though. Might still be at the GSHI.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 04:25:21 pm »
GSHI?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 03:10:45 pm »
You would think making Serge using a scythe for a weapon would be kinda easy yet complicated.  Isn't 3D animation or movement defined by "bone" movement?  So isn't there just bone movements you'd have to adjust for it to show properly?  Or am I mistaken.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 12:02:05 pm »
@Dark Serge: GSHI = GameShark Hacker's Index. It's here: http://www.thegshi.org/

Another great site for codes is CodeMasters Project: http://www.codemasters-project.net
Check out their forums there too; I think they specialize in PS2 code hacking, but they might have a retro forum.

@Justin: That's my understanding as well. I suppose Dark Serge's skeletal info could be copied over normal Serge's, yielding a Serge capable of scythe wielding. But the problem is a.) finding out what format the skeletal info is in and b.) accounting for any file size differences between the skeletal info files. This is my belief!...at least for now.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 07:01:54 pm »
@Dark Serge: GSHI = GameShark Hacker's Index. It's here: http://www.thegshi.org/

Another great site for codes is CodeMasters Project: http://www.codemasters-project.net
Check out their forums there too; I think they specialize in PS2 code hacking, but they might have a retro forum.

@Justin: That's my understanding as well. I suppose Dark Serge's skeletal info could be copied over normal Serge's, yielding a Serge capable of scythe wielding. But the problem is a.) finding out what format the skeletal info is in and b.) accounting for any file size differences between the skeletal info files. This is my belief!...at least for now.
the battle data for DS and serge are probally compelety differant, as DS is never playable. also, in any case, techs would look bad.