Poll

Would you have wanted to play the Chrono Trigger Remake?

Heck yeah!
7 (77.8%)
No...
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: November 03, 2004, 03:05:38 am

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Resurrection  (Read 1542 times)

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Resurrection
« on: November 03, 2004, 03:05:38 am »
It's such a shame that Square Enix told the guys remaking Chrono Trigger to stop!  I never really got the full story, so could someone help me catch up on that?

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:14:56 am »
Unless they made the character animations better, then no.  The settings were amazing, but those Crono and Magus models were absolutely horrid.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 06:54:38 am »
They were putting things out too soon. If they had waited until they were finished, there would have been nothing Square really could have done...But they came out with lots of character & monster models, MP3s, settings, etc...People all over got a hold of 'em...and said people made a petition for Square to actually make CTR official...These stupid people e-mailed their petition to Square and low-and-behold, the eye of Square was upon CTR and they gots them a cease and desist order...

Personally, I'm not a big fan of fans remaking or reinvisioning a game in most ways...I didn't like any of the remakes going on nor have I been a supporter of the novelization project...It's not that I see it as not being 'right', but the fact that these things can even minutely change the original story and the fact that they aren't official is unacceptable to me...

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 10:57:24 pm »
**** yeah.

All those graphics and music looked damn awesome.  But at least we have CTRP to look forward to, assuming they don't befall the same things that CTR did.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 11:16:30 pm »
Quote from: Claado Shou
Unless they made the character animations better, then no.  The settings were amazing, but those Crono and Magus models were absolutely horrid.

You are probably thinking of the Chrono Trigger Remake Project (CTRP), the ones who are using UT2004, and who aren't shut down. Because Chrono Trigger Resurrection (CTR) has a Magus model that looked straight out of the original concept art.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 12:08:47 am »
Bear in mind that they're revamping all existing models -- they started that with their new site.  The Robo and Frog models are actually pretty good -- I especially like their rendering of Mr. Spiky Pants.  And the settings are very, very good.  I pressed on their forums for a Crono model, and they said an official update was coming soon.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 12:15:38 am »
If I were in charge of the CTRP, I'd seriously consider going underground and removing the site as a precautionary measure.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 04:12:55 pm »
Did you enlist yourself as a voice actor for their project?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 05:47:25 pm »
Haven't. That's a good idea. I'd definitely voice someone in Zeal.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 06:39:35 pm »
I recal, back in the OCR days, you saying that you, Ybrik, Ramsus, and I were going to be voices of Zeal citizens, as a consequence of your helping the people working on the project.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 08:44:48 pm »
That was for Chrono Neo, the Morrowind project, which is currently being run by ONE person. I.E. it will never be finished.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 09:20:34 pm »
Quote from: Guardian_of_Ages
Quote from: Claado Shou

You are probably thinking of the Chrono Trigger Remake Project (CTRP), the ones who are using UT2004, and who aren't shut down. Because Chrono Trigger Resurrection (CTR) has a Magus model that looked straight out of the original concept art.

No, I was referring to CTR.  The animation was good, the character models were bad.  Especially the quality of the animation.  I mean, look at these.

I understand the desire to create models from the original character art, but those are a bit absurd.  Just a matter of opinion.