Author Topic: Forgive my ignorance  (Read 1538 times)

Pants

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Forgive my ignorance
« on: November 02, 2004, 08:34:28 pm »
I am a huge Chrono Trigger fan, it was the first RPG I ever played, and one of the greatest. I love it so. I also enjoyed Chrono Cross a great deal. Now, I had never heard of Radical Dreamers before I came to this site. Is it another game in the Chrono series? Is it available in ROM format? Why the hell haven't I heard of it before? Thank you, and I look forward to joining in the many interesting discussions here. Humbly, Pants

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Forgive my ignorance
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 09:10:43 pm »
Radical Dreamers was a primarily text-based game that was only released in Japan, as far as I know. Some of the ideas contained in it were worked into Chrono Cross, but Radical Dreamers generally isn't considered part of the series, as far as links between CT & CC go.

Pants

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Forgive my ignorance
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 09:33:16 pm »
Are there any ROMs available? I have a SNES emulator, and would love to check out the game.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Forgive my ignorance
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 09:45:41 pm »
Yup, any number of respectable ROM sites should carry it...By now, I'd venture to bet that they've already got pre-patched versions of it...

It was actually originally released on the Japanese only add-on Sattelaview (sp?) which used a gamer's phoneline to download games. It basically sunk, but Radical Dreamers, the original sequal to Trigger, was a product of it. It came out about a year after Trigger was...UNLEASHED!!!