Poll

Rate Poshul on a scale of A (best) to D (worst).

A
3 (13%)
B
5 (21.7%)
C
5 (21.7%)
D
10 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 30: Poshul  (Read 8839 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Rate Cross Characters 30: Poshul
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 09:57:47 pm »
Well then that's where we disagree because I don't think there's a need for polls outside of letting people share their opinions...but these are also threads, meant for the discussing of various topics, in this case, Characters. I understand that Tilt Factor means anything. I was simply pointing out how calling it objective was a false statement.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 10:00:31 pm »
Yeah, he shouldn't have said that. Most of the posts in this forum aren't objective in the slightest, mine included.

SimChao

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 10:11:20 pm »
Sarcastic though I am, I actually completely agree with Chao on this one. If it's his honest opinion that Poshul deserves an A, based entirely on character Tilt factor, then that is totally fine.

Thank you. There are 3 categories, and I happen to love Poshul as a whole - her design appeals to me, I have always found her to be useful in combat, and her tongue-in-cheek, non-serious, "comedic relief" personality type speaks to me as well. She's just so quirky and out-of-place in this game, and I love characters like that. Cait Sith (FF7), Quina (FF9), Chiepoo (Suikoden IV)... all favorites of mine. In my opinion, these types of characters are the best ones. Some people like the "badass", no-nonsense types like Karsh and Sephiroth and such, and that's fine, too. I can't stress enough that we are given more than one poll option for a reason.

On the topic of objectiveness; Even objectiveness is in the eye of the beholder in this situation. After all, who is the mighty being that decides that Poshul deserves a C, objectively? Emotions told me to give her an A, but honestly, I thought she deserved a B. And in the end, that's the grade she got from me. So yes, I was being objective. You can even try and prove me wrong if you wish. Have fun with that, though.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 10:14:10 pm »
Yeah, he shouldn't have said that. Most of the posts in this forum aren't objective in the slightest, mine included.

He can say whatever he wants, pretty much like you did with you 'sarcastic' review of this character.

Well then that's where we disagree because I don't think there's a need for polls outside of letting people share their opinions...but these are also threads, meant for the discussing of various topics, in this case, Characters. I understand that Tilt Factor means anything. I was simply pointing out how calling it objective was a false statement.

They are two completely different things. Polls are meant to be: annonymous, objective and specific. On the other hand, Forum threads are meant to be the complete opposite: public, subjective and vague. Which is exactly the reason why I don't really think appropiate to rate Cross' characters in this way.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 10:15:54 pm »
He's got a point. Objectivity really is just as subjective in this case. The only way for someone to really be objective is for someone without any bias formed from playing the game to come in and judge the characters, and since the whole point is that CHRONO FANS judge and not someone who doesn't care...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 10:33:32 pm »
The point that matters is that he posted. Can't tell you how many shadow-cretins out there are voting A for D characters and D for As. They won't be tallied unless substantiated.

But I can see Chao's logic, and I too feel the appeal of Poshul's character. She's between a B and a C, so I just don't know what to vote.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 12:09:24 am »
character design:I do find her some what cute but also overpoweringly pink n' white. And yes the lisp was so annoying but at least it was realistic unlike some of the others.

combat usefulness:I remember her helping out in the beginning but never really used her extensively.

Tilt: I find it great that Poshul is used in list of the Best characters in Chrono crossand in the list of The worst characters in Chronocross. As well as have a thread larger then even Kid's, Karsh's, or Harle's thread.

C

Kletian

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:37 pm »
Wow I'm a pink dog with minimal plot and pour language skills... definitely a D