Author Topic: Retranslation Bug Report Thread  (Read 72487 times)

Chrono 103

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Retranslation Bug Report Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 10:14:32 pm »

Wasn't too sure about this one. Should the "A.D.2003" have a space in it?

Chrono 103

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2007, 07:03:30 pm »
Alright, when on the blackbird after youve gotten all your stuff back, when you enter the ladder at the end of the ship, (the only ladder that doesnt take you into the dark rafters with the little screens you can look down on) anyways you go up the ladder and the screen darkens, then nothing, nothing at all, my team has ayla frog and robo in it if that matters, id hate to start the game over. It really pissed me off cause ive been really into the new translation its pretty rad so far.

This also occurred in Zsnes version 1.337. I'll go download the latest Zsnes and try it.

Switched to Version 1.51 and it works thus far.

Sorry for the double post >.<
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:06:58 pm by Chrono 103 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2007, 07:19:23 pm »
Hey, no problem. I'm glad we've diagnosed that as occurring in older ZSNES versions.

Moonfrost

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2008, 07:42:22 pm »
Hey everybody, I have a huge issue with Chrono Trigger ever since applying the retranslation patch (which is awesome but...), well the game froze at some point early in the game when I entered a door (I think it was in 600 ad) and instead of showing the next screen the screen turned black and it never came back. Loading the game and doing it again fixed it though. My major issue now is that I'm in the part where you have to escape the blackbird (12000 B.C.) and everytime I take the final ladder to go to the top of the blackbird the game turns black and the sound of the wind keeps going but the game never comes back...I tried loading and it does the same thing every time!!!  I can't keep going on the game!!!! does anybody know if there's any fix for this? please? it happens every time I load the game and take the ladder to go to the blackbird's roof to fight the Golem boss...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2008, 07:51:59 pm »
I've found a few things myself. Part of the text cuts off on some of the characters. I've got a picture, somewhere... Aha! Here it is. I'll... just attach it, it's rather large. Also, shouldn't 'I'll be able to read this difficulty anyway' be 'I'll be able to read this difficultly/with difficulty'? This has happened before (the letters going away sorta). Maybe my version's just wonky. Thank you!

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2008, 08:08:08 pm »
Thanks for the reports. For Moonfrost, what emulator are you using? Hacked ROMs sometimes don't work with older emulators or even the original hardware if dumped to a cartridge. Using the latest version of ZSNES should fix it.

Moonfrost

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2008, 08:42:42 pm »
Alright it still failed. :( Same thing happened, im gonna try a different version of the same emulator I have too see if this emu is just screwed. I even tried patching it to a completely different version of the .smc. The Snes save state, and the zsnes stave state still both cause my game to freeze when I go up the ladder.

I'm having the same issue...but I'm using ZSNESBox which is an Xbox version of Zsnes and works just like it or better (usually better for some reason) and the game freezes when trying to get out of the blackbird...very annoying!!!! I tried to play the game with zsnes and I can but I can't load the savestate which I transfered from my modded Xbox...the file extension is .zst and the other file is a .png file which is a pictures of where I saved exactly...

Moonfrost

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2008, 08:46:09 pm »
Thanks for the reports. For Moonfrost, what emulator are you using? Hacked ROMs sometimes don't work with older emulators or even the original hardware if dumped to a cartridge. Using the latest version of ZSNES should fix it.

Well, I'm trying Zsensbox 3.0 which if I'm not mistaken is based on 1.51...but could be a little earlier than that, anyway, I used countless hacked roms with it and never had any issues at all. Also, it's the only issue I have, I never had the jubled text or any of those weird issues everybody has...

Moonfrost

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2008, 05:41:37 pm »
Anyone have any suggestions? is there any way that I can "fix" the rom somehow so it works again while maintaining my savestate?

satan666

• Iokan (+1)
  • ♫ Ý ừ M м Ч ♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2008, 11:51:17 am »
I found this weird trans.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Talah Rama

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2008, 10:04:58 pm »
Those who have lisps take offense at you calling them "weird."

Quenditar

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2008, 12:08:19 am »
Hmm, a typo not a bug, but I noticed that the line "These guy's are monsters!" [sic] uttered by the hench running the store in Medina Village after you beat him has an unnecessary apostrophe with no corresponding bad grammar I can see in the Japanese version.

Chronicono

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 07:50:33 am »
Hey, I tried to play it but I ran into the problem of it freezing at the last frame of the title screen w/ the frozen flame (?) from Chrono Cross & the names of who made it. I tried applying the anti title screen patch, just wouldn't load. I tried reapplying the patch to another rom, same thing. I am using Zsnes 1.42, and am going to try & get the newest version, as I've read there are newer, and that's solved some problems.

Has this happened before? Any ideas of what it may be if not an emu issue?

Thanks.

Kuma-san

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2008, 02:03:46 pm »
I got the same problem using zsnes 1.51 (the latest one), the game don't want to load after the title screen.

Chronicono

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2008, 03:26:30 am »
I updated to 1.51 and it works now. Haven't gone past Guardia in 600, so past that don't know. But it loaded. I wonder what the issue could be. Maybe I had a configuration problem and upon reinstalling it going back to the default settings help. I have no idea though.