Author Topic: Retranslation Bug Report Thread  (Read 72457 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Retranslation Bug Report Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 11:07:17 pm »
I got it. You have to erase (use the blank option) the first two letters of his name and replace the rest with "Cro". *plans on doing the same when he gets Magus/Maou* >>

Amazing. I'm sticking that in the Chrono Trigger FAQ and announcing it with the next update (which is becoming huge)...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2007, 02:14:03 am »
In a new game, Crono's already showing his "Sky" icon in the menu. I wonder what's causing that...

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2007, 02:21:20 am »
Doesn't the icon always show up anyway on the menu?

owtch

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 06:06:44 pm »
Alright, when on the blackbird after youve gotten all your stuff back, when you enter the ladder at the end of the ship, (the only ladder that doesnt take you into the dark rafters with the little screens you can look down on) anyways you go up the ladder and the screen darkens, then nothing, nothing at all, my team has ayla frog and robo in it if that matters, id hate to start the game over. It really pissed me off cause ive been really into the new translation its pretty rad so far.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2007, 06:12:25 pm »
That's weird...the left wing doesn't seem corrupted. Maybe the ROM's interleaved, or something...

Anyway, I'm seconds away from releasing V1.01, so just patch a ROM, and use a savestate to go back to that point and see if it works then.

owtch

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 06:21:40 pm »
That's weird...the left wing doesn't seem corrupted. Maybe the ROM's interleaved, or something...

Anyway, I'm seconds away from releasing V1.01, so just patch a ROM, and use a savestate to go back to that point and see if it works then.

Alright, it might take a little bit, my internets been a wee slow.

owtch

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 06:31:43 pm »
Alright it still failed. :( Same thing happened, im gonna try a different version of the same emulator I have too see if this emu is just screwed. I even tried patching it to a completely different version of the .smc. The Snes save state, and the zsnes stave state still both cause my game to freeze when I go up the ladder.

owtch

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2007, 06:47:10 pm »
Alright it was just the emulator, 142zsnes freezed for some reason when I went up the ladder, but i tried it in 151 and here I am on the wing, so thanks for your time. Ive loved the retranslation so far and I cant wait to start playing again, so later back to playing.

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2007, 06:50:58 pm »
"special special powers" continued...

"Also, for katanas, if your power
increases, your__attack power also
increases, but for bows and pistols,
it's a LITTLE different."

I'm just pointing out the double space.  It sure looks like a double space anyway.

Also in 2nd floor of Mayor's manor...
The soldier-on-the-left's lecture has some ugly periods on his third or so script thingy.  "For example, when this one's designated target....."

also on the 2nd floor, talking the the girl on the lower right about status effects I'm getting some word wrapping and quite a bit of jumbleness.  Perhaps that was already stated though.  Also after her lecture she says You defense power drops instead of Your... sorry if that was already reported. - In the game order edition of the script I found that it's written as "You" in there as well, maybe it's on purpose... If it is I'd leave it like that because then we can call it a flawless hack in the future.  Unless it is alright technically not flawless.

And above her and to the right - the guy who talks about running says "But, look, keep running away, and you'll stay weak and won't be able to get stronger, so be careful."  I checked to see if that comma after "away" was supposed to be there and found that the script was missing an "and"... It says in the script (yes this is unrelated to the hack to some degree)
"But, look, keep running away, and you'll stay weak
won't be able to get stronger, so be careful."

^^see where the "and" is missing? (again, somewhat unrelated to the hack)

Anyway, I was stopping by yesterday to see if anything new happened and *gasp* A completed project!
It's absolutely amazing, good good good great job! :D

Biccy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2007, 09:59:20 pm »
I just discovered a pretty big error. I beat the game (did the ending with no sidequests and Silbird being destroyed) and New Game + isn't an option.

Note: This is in the first version. Don't know if it was fixed in the new one.

EDIT: Oh a similair note, I also didn't get the romantic picture with Crono and Marle.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:03:38 pm by Biccy »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 10:20:34 pm »
Alright it was just the emulator, 142zsnes freezed for some reason when I went up the ladder, but i tried it in 151 and here I am on the wing, so thanks for your time. Ive loved the retranslation so far and I cant wait to start playing again, so later back to playing.
yea, thats what happened to me.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 12:16:42 am »
I just discovered a pretty big error. I beat the game (did the ending with no sidequests and Silbird being destroyed) and New Game + isn't an option.

I'm pretty sure you must beat the Blackbird in order to unlock a New Game+.
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I'm almost 99% sure you need to beat the Blackbird in any era.

EDIT: Unless the Silbird is the Blackbird, which now that I think about it, it probably is. Hmm weird error then.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:18:13 am by Glennleo »

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 12:46:32 am »
I think you should double check all the dialogue because there still seems to be some dialogue from the NA version that's not supposed to be there. For example, when Taban presents Marle as the next test subject in the Telepod, Marle still says "Don't go away, I'll be right back" and when Ayla strikes Kino for taking Crono's stuff, both Marle and Lucca (but not Robo) say their accompanying NA version dialogue "Ayla! Mellow out!" and "Wow! Talk about strict!", respectively, and not the retranslated ones. Just something you should revise. Thanks!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 01:09:57 am »
Yikes, that's a tough error. Thanks.

I also didn't get the romantic picture with Crono and Marle.

Crono has to be dead for this one.

Hysoak

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 01:24:39 pm »
I've used an old save file (*.srm) from a previous unpatched CT, does that breaks the compatibility for the retranslation patch?

[attachment deleted by admin]