Author Topic: Retranslation Bug Report Thread  (Read 72449 times)

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
Re: Retranslation Bug Report Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 02:24:55 am »
I'm using version 1.337

...no pun there, that's what it says.

Solid_Choke

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Autodidact
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 11:56:42 pm »
I'm using ZSNES 1.51 on Unix and everything seems to be working just fine but I have only been playing about an hour.
There is a line that needs fixing just before you go back to 1000AD for the first time.
Marle:
"Talking normally is fine too!
You're more amazing that I am!
I might be a princess, but I can't do a thing."

"that" should be "than"

Congratulations on the patch. Looks like top notch stuff.

Update: I am now several hours into the game and everything seems to be running great although when I load the ROM it says in the lower left corner "Bad ROM". Do all patched ROMs say this in ZSNES? Also I am not having any of the sound problems the other guys are having but I using the Linux source version. So far I would say that I like the new translation.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:52:06 am by Solid_Choke »

alex_231

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 12:20:28 am »
Hi, I found a bug with strings of getting items like
Code: [Select]
"Got Potion    !"I was see that bug in my translation into russian and resolve it by replacing codes &FF to &EF after names of items.
And this is the reason because TWO spaces MUST present in game.

P.S.: why you don't make status menu more beautiful: replace "PWR" to "Power", "SPD" to "Speed" by painting menuitems in unused places in 8x8 font. But it is my opinion, I just offers.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 12:41:21 am »
Adding the 8x8 font is the hard part.

Thanks for the note. I'll fix it with the next release.

alex_231

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 01:03:49 am »
I mean not to add 8x8 font, but to insert new characters in existed font like here:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 01:19:26 am »
Aha. Okay, I'll add it to the list for consideration. KWhazit is still working like crazy, but once he has free time, he'll probably visit the forums and review the patch and other stuff and add in his suggestions too.

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 08:17:12 pm »
Tried your rom out, still blinks in battle. Also, the game seems to freeze up when I try to leave the Black Bird (after getting all my swag back, you know)
Judging by the posts, it's sounding too much like an emulator problem, and not a rom problem. Try bsnes, Snes9x (current and older versions), and Zsnes (current and older versions). If it happens on bsnes, then that's how it would perform on the hardware. As a result, you'll need to rely on the less accurate emulators for it to be correct.

And likewise, if bsnes doesn't display the errors, then it's the crap emulators (Snes9x and/or Zsnes) that are the problem. Since the core has had so many changes, you'll probably want to ask what the others here are using to get an idea of what to use.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 09:55:43 pm »
get zsnes 1.42 or w/e the latest one is.  Sounds liek your using a fossiled verison

Biccy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 12:29:18 pm »
I updated to the newest ZSNES and even after adjusting my video controls, I'm not seeing the flickering anymore. There are sound issues, though.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 03:11:05 pm »
Did you also change the sound?  Because the sound is kinda funky unless you set it to 44khz or w/e it is.

Solid_Choke

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Autodidact
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 04:20:05 am »
The running water sounds different than I remember but I don't have my SNES handy to compare. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? All the rest of the audio sounds normal. Maybe I just haven't played in a long time or maybe it has something to do with my emulator...I'll let you guys know if anything else sounds weird.

On a side note: Would it be at all possible to add the video clips from the PSX version into a patch like this one? I'm not asking if it is legal or likely to happen, but if is it "possible".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 04:37:00 am by Solid_Choke »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 05:27:50 am »
Not a chance. Those video clips are huge and would easily quintuple the size of the ROM even if they could be put into a patch, which they can't. And they'd probably look like crap anyway.

Biccy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 06:56:28 pm »
So uhm. Is there a way to do Ayla's "Cro" nickname without the two extra spaces?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 07:29:30 pm »
So uhm. Is there a way to do Ayla's "Cro" nickname without the two extra spaces?

I have no earthly idea. I've seen people somehow input names under 5 characters while avoiding a space at the end, and I don't know how they do it. No matter how I input names, there's always an extra space highlighted by the cursor after the last character I enter.

Biccy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 07:49:04 pm »
I got it. You have to erase (use the blank option) the first two letters of his name and replace the rest with "Cro". *plans on doing the same when he gets Magus/Maou* >>