Author Topic: Wow... (concerning CT prerelease stuff)  (Read 13091 times)

RyogaMasaki

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • sudden-desu
Wow... (concerning CT prerelease stuff)
« on: November 02, 2004, 01:43:59 am »
Well, I searched high and low throughout the internet for info about the Chrono Trigger Prerelease,a nd never found this site. Hmm...

I ended up making my own site about it, which I put up rather recently:
http://ryoga.heypoorplayer.org/ctpp/

I'm interested in a linkback with you guys, if that's cool. You guys have lots of stuff I don't, but I have a couple things you don't, heh. Anyway, awesome job on it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 01:52:42 am »
Damn, you do have ton of graphics and interesting stuff. Uh...what to do...

Man. You realize the Mission Statement of the Compendium is to collect everything. I'm not sure what policy I could make here though to allow it.

RyogaMasaki

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • sudden-desu
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 01:59:15 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Damn, you do have ton of graphics and interesting stuff. Uh...what to do...

Man. You realize the Mission Statement of the Compendium is to collect everything. I'm not sure what policy I could make here though to allow it.

Well, by all means, take my stuff. =P

A mention of either me or my site would be nice though, but I don't wanna sound like one of those OMFG GIMME CREDIT!!!1 assholes, hehe.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 02:18:38 am »
I took a quick look at it.  Pretty impressive!  I love all the screenshots!

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 02:21:35 am »
One thing I noticed...Maybe it's just me, but don't you think that the 8th party member overworld sprite in 65000000 BC looks a lot like a Reptite?  Maybe I'm just a retard...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 01:11:19 pm »
Apparently, there were rare collectible cards which were offered for Japanese people who preordered the game. These cards shows a lot of scenes or stuff which are quite different from the final game, like an airship at Zeal, some Zombors with blades instead of arms, etc. There are scans of them at CuteLucca's site (click on CT Collection). Maybe the CCompendium could ask her if these pictures can be used here?

There are also some nice CT and CC doushinji there.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 03:30:11 pm »
Good detective work.

All right; I'm going to make a large mention of it as news.

RyogaMasaki

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • sudden-desu
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 04:27:13 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Apparently, there were rare collectible cards which were offered for Japanese people who preordered the game. These cards shows a lot of scenes or stuff which are quite different from the final game, like an airship at Zeal, some Zombors with blades instead of arms, etc. There are scans of them at CuteLucca's site (click on CT Collection). Maybe the CCompendium could ask her if these pictures can be used here?

There are also some nice CT and CC doushinji there.

Thanks for pointing this out! Actually, I had just found CuteLucca.com this morning when someone linked me to the doujin there, but hadn't explored the site yet. I emailed her about using the card scans on my site, until I get around to buying the cards myself (I always ignored them on ebay, unbeknowest of their screenshots, hehe) and scan them at higher res.

ZeaLitY, cool, any mention is always welcome. I'll be sure to put a linkback and mention you all as well. =)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 09:48:18 pm »
Yeah, I had heard about and seen the Airship before on screenshots somewhere...But I didn't know where it came from...So much stuff they hacked out of the game...And yet, they seemingly kept so much as well...What the hell?

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 10:54:55 pm »
Hate to break it to you guys, but those pictures from the cards are probably mock-ups. C&P from my post at Lost Levels:

"Is it me, or do the pictures on these cards look like mock-ups? On the picture with the two skeletons with sword arms, the screen is not centered. The screenshots that show Black Tyrano and Giga Gaia (who has arms, unlike the final version) show them working, but in our Beta (which probably came after these shots were made) they didn't work at all.  The full shot of the Blackbird and the church shot reek of promotional pictures that were made to only show off the game and probably would not have appeared in the final version."

Other stuff I noticed about the cards.

"The strangest shot is the Black Omen one. Queen Zeal has a different outfit and seems to be some sort of panther instead of a human, the Black Omen itself is zoomed out and doesn't have anything else under it's top and Frog is making a pose that I don't recall him making in the final version."

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 11:34:55 pm »
Yeah, that stuff is obviously not from the final version though...

RyogaMasaki

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • sudden-desu
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 04:46:51 am »
Quote from: Teflon
Hate to break it to you guys, but those pictures from the cards are probably mock-ups. C&P from my post at Lost Levels:

"Is it me, or do the pictures on these cards look like mock-ups? On the picture with the two skeletons with sword arms, the screen is not centered. The screenshots that show Black Tyrano and Giga Gaia (who has arms, unlike the final version) show them working, but in our Beta (which probably came after these shots were made) they didn't work at all.  The full shot of the Blackbird and the church shot reek of promotional pictures that were made to only show off the game and probably would not have appeared in the final version."

Other stuff I noticed about the cards.

"The strangest shot is the Black Omen one. Queen Zeal has a different outfit and seems to be some sort of panther instead of a human, the Black Omen itself is zoomed out and doesn't have anything else under it's top and Frog is making a pose that I don't recall him making in the final version."

Oh, I know well about mockups (from working with beta crap with Sonic games), and in all actuality that's probably what they are. But don't forget that many times mockups use preexisting ideas for scenes, as well as graphics that will be used in the game. That alone makes them worth looking at, even if only taken at face value.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 12:25:35 am »
Very well; I'll post a disclaimer. For some reason, I think of the Dust Hill zone...

That's right. Ryoga, if you're involved with the Sonic scene -- the current webmaster of the Sonic 2 Beta ultimate site is known to me as Pelord, and we met during my first days on the internet ever, back in 1998 on Goldeneye 007 boards. He had a very cool .xoom. site, and we had a neat community of discussing the James Bond game. Well, I came across all the Sonic stuff, as I got into emulation to hear the music again, and found the Sonic 2 Beta page. I let Pelord know, but I never thought he'd end up being the current webmaster. Hurrah.

Oh, and one problem with porting your research -- IE insists on saving your pictures as untitled.bmp, and it isn't just me. A defense measure perhaps?

RyogaMasaki

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • sudden-desu
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 03:29:02 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Very well; I'll post a disclaimer. For some reason, I think of the Dust Hill zone...

That's right. Ryoga, if you're involved with the Sonic scene -- the current webmaster of the Sonic 2 Beta ultimate site is known to me as Pelord, and we met during my first days on the internet ever, back in 1998 on Goldeneye 007 boards. He had a very cool .xoom. site, and we had a neat community of discussing the James Bond game. Well, I came across all the Sonic stuff, as I got into emulation to hear the music again, and found the Sonic 2 Beta page. I let Pelord know, but I never thought he'd end up being the current webmaster. Hurrah.

Oh, and one problem with porting your research -- IE insists on saving your pictures as untitled.bmp, and it isn't just me. A defense measure perhaps?

Hahahah, good ol Pelord. He knows me, although not like on a personal level. Yeah, he ran his own site and eventually took over Simon Wai's site, iirc. Personally, I was on the other side of the community, at Area 51 and later on at Sonic CulT. Memories. =)

Actually, that's a known bug with IE, and one that I don't really know how to correct. I use either Firefox or Sleipnir personally. It's not a defense thing, people can use the stuff from my site as they want. =P

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 04:01:22 am »
Got it; I'll try another option. Thanks.