Author Topic: Time Devourer/Lavos' shell.  (Read 2171 times)

Xshu

• Iokan (+1)
  • Let there be justice, even if it kills the world.
    • View Profile
Time Devourer/Lavos' shell.
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:22:57 am »
I was always confused by the fact that the time devourer looks like Lavos' shell and not its core. Why is that?

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Time Devourer/Lavos' shell.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:00:17 pm »
well.. if schala was bonded to lavos.. and the chrono crew fought lavos at an older period..no.....
um.... Ok I have absolutly no fragging Idea........ Isnt that just prime...

Generality

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:31:31 pm »
Honestly? Probably Lavos' shell was more recognizable to players than its bits.

On the other hand, you could say that since the Lavos shell was the only part of it that survived the battle against Chrono's team, that this was the part which consequently evolved into the Time Devourer. (Perhaps it had some secondary brain that took over when the core was destroyed?)

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 12:56:47 am »
Big Mama Lavos was a gatherer of DNA and such, so it needed that freaky inner part. The Lavos spawn which Schala was combined with had that DNA stored, but probably didn't have the same sort of core as its mom.

Or it does have the core, but its... just... inside the shell?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 01:10:42 am »
Erm, she didn't combine with a spawn, Maggiekarp. She combined with the Lavos, the same one that Chrono and friends destroyed.

I think.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 02:38:22 am »
Erm, she didn't combine with a spawn, Maggiekarp. She combined with the Lavos, the same one that Chrono and friends destroyed.

I think.

yep
and the thing is that the shell is as much lavos as the core and bits.. do you realy think the laos spawn have those things in their itty bity bodies?
thoughts.
1. core and bits not actually lavos but a couple of hitchers.
2 core developes as a lavoid ages. seperate inteligence from the lavoid itself.
3 asjlkdhgaibviuabasdkjfasdfaon.. sorry brain fart.... that is however how I feel sometimes trying to cram so much creative logic through my lobes at once..

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 01:30:13 am »
But... how could Schala combine with something that's been destroyed?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 01:36:47 am »
What I think is the current line of thinking is that when Lavos was killed, the Lavos that lived past 1999 A.D. was actually tossed into the Darkness Beyond Time and maintained existence as a living being due to its sheer power over time.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 10:38:32 am »
makes since since the time devourer existed in the darknes beyond time. It could also be that the "lavos" who bonded with schala, since this is also because of chrono and crew's interventions, got sent to the dbt because of something else the chrono crew did. which also makes sense considering that if she had been around at all during the normal time floww((normal by the ct crew standard) she most likely would have ben found

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 05:25:08 pm »
Wasn't Lavos sent to the DBT at the same time as Schala? Just after Crono died? Or did it remain in the Ocean Palace and am I being dumb now? If it remained in the Ocean Palace, it drowned, then rose up again in the Black Omen. Wich makes sense because you fight Lavos there. But I really thought Lavos was sent there at the same time as Schala. Guess I was wrong.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 01:17:31 pm »
maybe lavos little pocker works odd liek he can be in it and not be in it at the same time. perhaps the lavos taht went with schala was not the same as the one you must defeat later,speaking in relative space time mechanics, but one from a later time or earlier time. The travel to the dbt would grant tti to both lavos so the lavos eleft behind could exist without a past varient,(or) the lavos in teh dbt could exist if you kille dits past varient

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 11:26:34 am »
The DBT is full of timelines that don't exist. When Lavos was destroyed, his Pocket Dimension and him went to the DBT. The shell might have a mind of its own to use Schala to keep it alive for long enough that it can evolve?