Author Topic: CT+ Black Wind Rising Video  (Read 25770 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
CT+ Black Wind Rising Video
« on: September 19, 2007, 06:36:39 am »
Chrono Trigger+ "Black Wind Rising"

Here is a CT+ teaser video that I put together by using FRAPS.

These cutscenes taken from the development version of CT+ are meant to be a short "episode" showing
just "a few" of the 'lost cutscenes' of Zeal. It is also meant to be a total teaser of tauntingness for all
waiting for the upcoming beta release of Chrono Trigger+, as well as to show people that there *IS* progress
being made.  :mrgreen:

I was originally going to use Windows Media format for compression since it's sooo damn small. However, out
of due respect for those using better Operating Systems, I decided to go with Quicktime format (everyone has QT).

Also, the compression isn't the best. Though I didn't want to fight with it forever, just don't fullscreen. I could have spent longer to find a better compression, but I'd rather go back to working on the mod and didn't want to spend forever on the video.  :P

http://download312.mediafire.com/mtyutnfxxzyg/7x97dr1xxk2/CT%2B+Black+Wind+Rising.7z

Enjoy!  8)

~Zakyrus

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: CT+ Black Wind Rising Video
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 07:29:00 am »
Great stuff. A few comments: the light on the windows in Schala's room look cropped at the bottom; I think there are better tiles in the layer 3 that give a more natural effect. I noticed a few typos (it's instead of its, saftey, etc.). Also, why is the Prophet saying "A Ga... er, a dimensional rift"? He could just have said the word Gate, what would it have changed?

Anyway, the final area with Flea's tileset is awesome; that was some creative use of the tileset. :)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 07:36:18 am »
Great stuff. A few comments: the light on the windows in Schala's room look cropped at the bottom; I think there are better tiles in the layer 3 that give a more natural effect.

I only used that version for now because it was on the same tileset as the candles were. Later on, I'll hack the tileset and add better sunlight on that tileset. Most of the cutscenes are about 80% done I still have to do some tweaking with the text and animations as well as add more special effects. The version you will see in the game may also be different from what you saw in the video... all depends on how you play the game and what choices you make. In other words EVERY decision in CT+ will affect outcomes slightly so choose wisely! :wink:

I noticed a few typos (it's instead of its, saftey, etc.). Also, why is the Prophet saying "A Ga... er, a dimensional rift"? He could just have said the word Gate, what would it have changed?

Nothing really, other to mask the fact that he knows what a Gate is... in one of the new cutscenes (not shown) the PCs will talk about Gates (and the Prophet will overhear it)

Anyway, the final area with Flea's tileset is awesome; that was some creative use of the tileset. :)

What better use than to use the tileset than Magus's Castle Ruins that ended up in the Cleft of Dimensions?  8)
I got a few other insidiously clever ideas like this, but those shall remain secret for quite some time.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 07:43:01 am by Zakyrus »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:19:48 pm »
I haven't been able to check it out since i'm at school but i'll check it out once I get home.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 03:42:15 pm »
Wonder if we should throw it up on youtube. That void idea is awesome. Just like the description of the Cleft, haha...amazing.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 08:43:58 pm »
A-freakin'-mazing! New scenes, new weapons, more backstory, Janus peeking from behind columns like a ninja...this is perfect! Huzzah for the CT+ team!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:41:20 am by FaustWolf »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:44:18 pm »
Bravo Zakyrus Bravo!

You never cease to amaze me. I don;t know how you find the time to do all of this!

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 12:33:17 am »
Was Janus always in the throne room when you go there?  I noticed him now, and I'm just wondering if I managed to not see him the rest of the times?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 12:38:24 am »
If you're talking about regular Chrono Trigger, no, they added him in. But if you're on the + team, I guess that's a Q for the other Z...

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 05:47:45 pm »
If you're talking about regular Chrono Trigger, no, they added him in. But if you're on the + team, I guess that's a Q for the other Z...

I guess my question was a lot indirect...  Sorry about that!

But yes, I was talking about regular Chrono Trigger.

Thanks for the answer  :)

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 06:07:02 pm »
Nice, I can see you added quite a bit of dialog.  Young Janus is even wordier than the older one lol.  I also like the small throne-room scene (and you can see a small interloper hiding behind a pillar, nice detail!).  Can't wait till the + version is 100% complete, then I have to play Chrono Trigger once more!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 09:04:09 pm »
I really like this but some of the lines seemed...a bit robotic or kinda..hard to explain.  Sounded like a movie with bad acting.  That's what I can see in some of Schala/Janus's lines.  Still pretty damn good.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »
I really like this but some of the lines seemed...a bit robotic or kinda..hard to explain.  Sounded like a movie with bad acting.  That's what I can see in some of Schala/Janus's lines.  Still pretty damn good.
Or like someone who can't seem to write in any way but technical. *coughmecough*

Interesting trailer there, Zakkie. Looks like the project will do well without me. Good luck.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 01:42:27 am »
Or like someone who can't seem to write in any way but technical. *coughmecough*

Interesting trailer there, Zakkie. Looks like the project will do well without me. Good luck.

Ok, I know I'm not supposed to ask you this, because of your sig and all, but still....
I was just left wondering what happened by this post. It sounds like you were let go or something.

@Zakyrus: Is there any other particular reason for you not having it releeased in windows media format? I haven't seen this yet, and I would very much like to.... it's just I don't have Quicktime installed and I really don't feel like bothering with it (I don't like it very much).

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 02:21:54 am »
No, I quit voluntarily. That's just me recognizing a flaw in my writing that most certainly exists, though I'm not about to derail this thread and explain how I know it exists.

And surely VLC Media Player will open it. My copy of it did.