Author Topic: Chrono Crisis Paradigm-Shift and Staff Openings  (Read 7166 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Crisis Paradigm-Shift and Staff Openings
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:31:39 pm »
Chains of Fate yesterday posted on the Crisis forums concerning the prospect of turning Crisis into an original game named Devil Theory. The issues at hand include the threat of a C&D, the possibility of greater audience and exposure with an original game, and the constant withdrawal of fickle team members who sign onto the project, do nothing, and go AWOL (haha...welcome to the Chrono community). The main counterpoint is that the team would receive greater exposure WITH a Chrono fan game (like mixtapes fledgling producers / artists pass around in the music industry) than with a 4th-party homebrew.

At any rate, Chains said they'd keep trucking with Crisis as long as they're able to find some help. They need the following talent:  [1]  A concept artist  [2]  A tile artist  [3]  An artist to make finalized, colored pictures in a certain style  [4]  Someone who can code in Ruby  [5]  Someone to sprite magic effects  [6]  Possibly another spriter to assist Lena (a tile artist, coder, and dedicated artists are what we need the most to keep the project alive). The forums are here if you'd like to volunteer. And they need volunteers, not "hey I'll help!" --> 6 months later, "user was last active September 2007". If ultimately no one can help, that's fine; it's a lot better to acknowledge that than be teased for for months at a time by wafflers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:35:27 pm by ZeaLitY »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Crisis Paradigm-Shift and Staff Openings
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:27:58 am »
I am impressed by the maturity of the staff to acknowledge and keep open the possibility of switching from a Chrono game to an original game. But if it comes to that, they ought to push it as close as they can. Now, I don't mean turning the C on Chrono to a K, but enough so that Chrono fans (who will provide the major base of support for this game) can easily identify with the game universe and setting.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any of the help sought. But I wish the team well, and I am still very much looking forward to this game.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:48:40 pm »
If ultimately no one can help, that's fine; it's a lot better to acknowledge that than be teased for months at a time by wafflers

OH how true that is....

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:16:07 am »
It would also help, of course, if people who are already working on Chrono Crisis would actually get back to those of us who have been asked to help on details that those of us asked for help ask for.

Of course, I'm not actually going to work on anything...I lack motivation for that along with any other project I've been working on recently, but it's a good point. You don't just ask someone to work on something then ignore them when they ask for the necessary details. Had I gotten them, I might actually have had the motivation to start working on what I was asked to work on. Not now, though.

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 05:44:09 am »
 You asked to help? ;___; I'm sorry if you were overlooked... We're usually pretty good about getting back to people--when was it that you offered?

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 05:54:31 am »
You asked to help? ;___; I'm sorry if you were overlooked... We're usually pretty good about getting back to people--when was it that you offered?
No, it wasn't that I offered, it's that Chains of Fate contacted me...it was writing dictionary entries or something like that. I asked him for the details and kept waiting to hear back, but I never heard back.

But, as I said, I'm not exactly motivated to do anything anymore anyway, so it's kind of irrelevant for my specific case. It's just something you guys might want to be careful not to do again, in case you do it to someone who actually would help.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 02:53:09 pm »
The dictionary feature in the game is very low priority right now and I haven't had the time to get the basic information together yet. I asked you to do samples and never received any.  I've also had a lot of real life crises to attend to, so sorry for not getting back to you.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 02:58:47 pm by Chains Of Fate »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 03:25:13 pm »
You asked me to do samples? I honestly don't remember that.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 07:31:47 pm »
Ohh. I'd love to help. I'm kinda free right now, so I'm working on the comic, but I'd love to help.

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 04:41:20 am »
 OK Grey. ^^ I assume you'd like to help with art? Just send a sample of your work to Chains and let him know you're applying for the position. He should get back to you pretty quick.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 07:15:12 pm »
OK Grey. ^^ I assume you'd like to help with art? Just send a sample of your work to Chains and let him know you're applying for the position. He should get back to you pretty quick.
sure thing.

LegacyCrono

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 04:39:31 pm »
Hey guys!
I'm a skilled RGSS coder. I can help your guys, but I can't say I'll be working 24 hours on the project. I'm studying at night and also at morning, so sometimes I just doesn't have time to work on anything...  :? Still, I'll do all I can. 8)

SEE YA!!!!!

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 02:23:53 am »
 Awesome. If you'd like to help out, please send Chains a PM. ^___^ He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 11:47:57 pm »
I'd just like to thank everyone for their interest and help recently. ^__^ I have two amazing artists working on beautiful artwork which everyone will see soon, and things are definitely going smoothly again. Keep up the support! ^__~

Frog Lady

• Iokan (+1)
  • "We haveth our own will!
    • View Profile
    • My fanfic, The Long Weekend
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:29:57 am »
All this talk makes me wish I could help. If only I wasn't so bad with art...