Bend of Time - Inactive Projects > Special Event Polling

Further Character Discussion

(1/23) > >>

maggiekarp:
Just in case you missed a poll or weren't able to add anything to an opinion because of a closed poll, this thread's for you!

I'll add some unpopular opinions in a while, but for now, I'd like some other folks to post!

V_Translanka:
I didn't get a chance to really do Grobyc, so I'll just post it in here then...

Character Design - Grobyc's design screams coolness & attitude (see the belts?!)...whether or not that's a good thing, is debatable...But I think overall it looks pretty cool...I wouldn't mind seeing why he wears that scarf/mask though...Is it just a speaker under there or something?

Combat Usefulness - He uses gloves too...how boring, but for a cyborg, I guess that makes enough sense. He's got a variation of Robo's Rocket Fist Tech, which is nice...though weird because in his version he just shoots his fist and magically has another one pop outta nowhere...Maybe they should have left the chain or something...His other Tech has him turn his hair into a giant LASER!!! That's pretty freakin sweet. And then his other one has him use a giant laser cannon arm, which is pretty cool, too, I guess.

Tilt Factor - There's some minor development about how he's an experiment of Luccia's brother who died or something, but it's easily overlooked (as most of the minor development for any of the characters is)...But basically, we don't know much, probably because there's just not much TO know...His name is Cyborg backwards and the fact that a lot of people didn't realize that was pretty cool. I also use him in Magness, but I just make him Luccia's brother...I should probably change that or something...>_>

Final Grade - C

maggiekarp:
KID

(in b4 flames)

Character Design - Oh wow, a scrawny teenage blonde with exposed midriff and attitude? She just oozes originality! And other bizarre things, I'm sure. But really, I could stand Kid's outfit if it wasn't so much worse than it could have been. In RD her outfit was almost a palette-swap of Lucca's, and Kato's art for her had her dressed more modestly than Schala. Such an outfit doesn't really fit her CC incarnation, especially considering Magus wasn't around to make her tart down. It would have been awesome if they stuck with this

but they decided to give us this

Furthermore, she was extremely likable in RD, but CC actually rewards you if you choose to ignore her/completely screw her over. This game made me want to leave her ass, while RD made me genuinely sad everytime something bad happened to the girl. This may just be because Serge was more... talkative and openly fond of Kid in RD. They seem more like "decent friends" at best, here.

(Now, I'm comparing CC to RD a lot here, and I know they aren't the same game, but it says something pretty bad about a game as beautiful and well-selling as CC that it's not quite as good as its made-for-satellaview, text-based predecessor. Story and character development-wise, of course. That's almost like a direct-to-video sequel being better than a theatrical release.)

Combat Usefulness - I had her in my party every time she was available to me, thinking it would reflect in the story somehow, but it seemed the only times she was mentioned it was sickness or brainwashing. She wasn't too shabby.

Tilt - Seems like I hate the ever-loving crap out of this chica, don't it? THIS IS NOT REALLY THE CASE! After all the bad shit is said, she's a charming character, and I'd like to see more of her. She's a wonderful counterpart to the hopelessly tragic Schala, one of few not entirely mopey female main characters in the RPG world, and probably my third favorite character in the Chrono series after Magus and Marle, but CC really didn't do her justice. Also, her rating thread disgusted me. It was one big reminder of the "lalala I can't hear you Cross was the best game ever" and "HEY LET'S BE JERKS TO THE GUY WITH THE DIFFERENT OPINION" attitude that seems to be strangling this place. She gets a...

C

[edit] More to come, later!

ZeaLitY:
But that happens in every thread Zaperking posts in. When he's not doing it here, he's in the analysis forums posting about how Schala is an interdimensional perfect goddess-being with consummate kindness and purity, or how Harle is a mythic princess or something, each capable of changing time as they see fit, each wonderful tragic round characters. Then he came and debased Kid for showing skin, as if it somehow soils Schala's perfection. I can't take fanboyism of female characters like that. It just makes me want to cry tears of disgust.

nightmare975:

--- Quote from: ZeaLitY on September 07, 2007, 10:21:08 pm ---But that happens in every thread Zaperking posts in. When he's not doing it here, he's in the analysis forums posting about how Schala is an interdimensional perfect goddess-being with consummate kindness and purity, or how Harle is a mythic princess or something, each capable of changing time as they see fit
--- End quote ---

Sounds more like that ProjectR guy to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version