B
1 (9.1%)
C
7 (63.6%)
D
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 27, 2007, 11:37:52 pm

Author Topic: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 1: Doc  (Read 2633 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 1: Doc
« on: July 25, 2007, 11:31:54 pm »
Evaluate Doc based on his character design, combat usefulness, and Tilt factor -- which can mean anything, from how much he strikes you as cool to how important he is to the plot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:29:45 pm by ZeaLitY »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Cross Characters 1: Doc
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 01:49:16 am »
character design: Doc had that surfer look to him. It gave him that "hang loose" attitude and worked for his techs (more on that later)

combat usefulness: Doc suffered from the same weapon types as a couple characters (Harle to name one) but his techs had some of the most "flair" to the game, along with some great names (HangTen anyone?)

Tilt factor: Who else got their final tech from an R rated book?

Cons: Doc was more useful as an NPC than a PC.

Final Grade: C

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:44:00 am »
Character Design: Doc was your generic surfer dude, which frankly did not suit his medical profession and made him sound rather idiotic.

Combat Usefulness: Doc was rather limited, and though he did have some interesting techniques, there were far better characters to use.

Tilt: Despite his generic surfer dude status, Doc was still interesting, and he's not the typical kind of character seen in this kind of video game by any means.

Final Grade: C.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:00:49 pm »
Character Design: Would you have trusted medical advice from this guy? Neither would I.

Combat Usefulness: I didn't use him much.

Tilt: He's left handed, so I'll bump him up a grade.

Score: C

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 07:41:15 pm »
Character Design: His look is one of the few in the cast (ginormous as it was) that actually kind of fit his environment...though not particularly his profession...a surfer/doctor? I guess you'd need someone to fend off shark bites & hainus (hanus?) bails...

Combat Usefulness: No one was really more or less useful than anyone else in battle, so that doesn't really even factor for me.

Tilt Factor: I'm not entirely sure I understand his weapon of choice (throwing blade thingies which seemed more like the fallback weapon for a third of the cast)...or his choice to fight at all, being a doctor...but I was glad he didn't have a stupid accent (which will probably be one of the few favorable Tilt Factors for that portion of the cast which didn't have stupid accents).

Final Grade: C

I'm expecting the Chrono Cross Cast to be a straight C student, honestly...More or less.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:59 pm »
Well, seven votes is okay for a full day of voting, but ouch. 38 views? I guess it's the bots or something. I thought the front page mention would at least generate more attention.

Yeah, I voted him B, mainly because of the Tilt factor. Doc sits there completely in broken spirits half the time over being unable to save Kid or Tia. He goes through a lot. I won't be so lenient next time.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 11:18:20 pm »
Well, seven votes is okay for a full day of voting, but ouch. 38 views? I guess it's the bots or something. I thought the front page mention would at least generate more attention.

Yeah, I voted him B, mainly because of the Tilt factor. Doc sits there completely in broken spirits half the time over being unable to save Kid or Tia. He goes through a lot. I won't be so lenient next time.

I was going to vote B also, but like I said, he was more useful as an NPC. That's what lowered it to a C for me.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 12:08:06 am »

I would love to cast my vote, but it's been so long since I played Cross. I honestly don't even know who many of the characters are. I don't think it's fair for me to vote in the poll if I have no clue who the people are.

List of things to do:
Play Chrono Cross
Sleep
Cure Cancer

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 08:12:30 pm »
I would love to cast my vote, but it's been so long since I played Cross. I honestly don't even know who many of the characters are. I don't think it's fair for me to vote in the poll if I have no clue who the people are.

You don't need to have played CC recently to not know who many of the characters are~! :lol:

Also, I think when the time comes, it should be clearly stated that Serge is Serge even as Lynx...So we shouldn't judge Lynx (if we do non-playables at all) as Serge as Lynx, yeah? Although that brings up FATE as Lynx and Lynx as Dark Serge...but whatever...V_V