Author Topic: Tech Names?  (Read 1417 times)

Azala

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Queen of the Reptites
    • View Profile
Tech Names?
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:56:32 pm »
How do you keep the tech names from dissappearing when you exit TF? Whenever I edit a Tech's name, SAVE, and exit, The tech's name instantly reverts to {null}. How do I prevent this?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Names?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »
I've had that same frikin issue.  I don't really know how I got it to work...I'd have to refigure that out XD

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 08:14:02 pm »
If the star character is in it, it won't work. The actual character disappeared from TF at some point, which now uses an asterisk. However, saving anything with an asterisk will truncate it.

It'll be fixed int he next version.

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 02:14:02 pm »
You can always edit tech names with a different program, but I guess Flux is your "thang".

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 04:40:42 pm »
How do you keep the tech names from dissappearing when you exit TF? Whenever I edit a Tech's name, SAVE, and exit, The tech's name instantly reverts to {null}. How do I prevent this?

After edititing the desired strings. Go to the top of the String (in this case Tech Names). Click on the very top string(Cyclone). Then hold the down arrow key on your keyboard and that will scroll through all the strings down to the bottom(GrandDream). Save and try that.

-- I am very certain it will work. The whole arrow key things is just to make sure that every string is refreshed before saving.

I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:44:37 pm by Zakyrus »