Author Topic: Question About Chrono Cross  (Read 741 times)

the_lovable_bender

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Question About Chrono Cross
« on: September 02, 2007, 10:10:25 pm »
OK, I haven't played Chrono Cross, but I've read reviews about it. I was wondering if the game is based off the events of "The Dream Project" ending in Chrono Trigger (at the Ocean Palace)? Let me explain:

During the normal passage of time, Schala is naturally transported to the end of time (So, I've heard). But what would've happened if Crono, and the gang, defeated Lavos before that happened? Wouldn't that create a new 'dimension', thus, giving birth to Chrono Cross?

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Question About Chrono Cross
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:38:25 pm »
Schala is transported to "The darkness of time", where unused timelines end up, somehow, she meets up with lavos, or whats left of it, they bound because Schala was the arbiter of the flame in Zeal (this fact is not completely reliable, but anyway...), and lavos, or the "Devourer of time" starts to gain power to destroy time and etc etc etc. The Chrono party's destiny is unknown, except by a few facts like luccas death or incident by the hand of lynx, robos joining the Mother brain's circuits, the fall of guardia by the hand of porre, and some other. Serge is a new guy, that is the new arbiter of time, which means he can bound with de devourer to destroy everything. The game its about this guy,  Kid, who is Schala's clon, and the master plan made by Belthazar, but i guess there´s no better way to explain it than playing the game. The game follows the "all side quests completed" ending, and it is not, in any way, a story telling what you proposed.
I am indeed sorry if this info is wrong, im kinda stupid after all, any help would be awesomely received.

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:40:05 pm »
No, that ending has nothing to do with the real ending. Chrono Cross follows a timeline after all the sidequests are done and Lavos was defeated, with Crono, and without using the Epoch. I don't understand, however, why all of Chrono Cross' events take place in Keystone T-2, when everything that happened in Chrono Trigger happens in Keystone T-1? Why make a totally different timeline?

Schala's fate is caused soon before the rising of the Black Omen, when the Mammon Machine accidentally teleports her to the Darkness Beyond Time, where Timelines that never happened are sent, and since Lavos existed in a timeline (Keystone PD-1) he was sent here after Crono and co. beat his arse. He merged with Schala, and would emerge in following years to consume all space-time. In the Future, Belthasar realizes this and plans Project Kid, and locks the Frozen Flame within FATE in Chronopolis, then Chronopolis undergoes the Time Crash, sending it to 12000 B.C. Serge, as a result of Project Kid, eventually becomes strong enough to destroy the Time Devourer, using the Chrono Cross. He frees Schala, but the rest is never made clear.

So, the ending you talk about doesn't really happen. It's just there for FUN! As are all the other endings.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:20:07 am »
No, that ending has nothing to do with the real ending. Chrono Cross follows a timeline after all the sidequests are done and Lavos was defeated, with Crono, and without using the Epoch. I don't understand, however, why all of Chrono Cross' events take place in Keystone T-2, when everything that happened in Chrono Trigger happens in Keystone T-1? Why make a totally different timeline?

It's not a "totally different timeline", it's the just same thing with a modified history. Everytime Crono's party travelled to an era in CT this modified history a bit and created a modified timeline to replace an old one anyway (Keystone T-1 is a collective name for all these changed timelines). Due to Crono's actions, Chronopolis is created and pulled back into the past, thus modifying history yet another time; this modified timeline replaces Keystone T-1 and is called Keystone T-2 by the Compendium.