Poll

Rate Leah on a scale of A (best) to D (worst).

A
1 (6.7%)
B
6 (40%)
C
7 (46.7%)
D
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 15: Leah  (Read 2464 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 15: Leah
« on: August 26, 2007, 10:45:25 pm »
Evaluate Leah based on her character design, combat usefulness, and Tilt factor -- which can mean anything, from how much she strikes you as cool to how important she is to the plot.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Leah.html

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:17:39 pm by ZeaLitY »

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Cross Characters 15: Leah
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:51:59 pm »
Her design: i hate cave people designs. and this one is so generic.

Her usefullness: i dont remember useing her, so yea...

Tilt: she was useless to the plot, causes a time paradox (?) and is generally lame.

final: D.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:02:30 pm »
Design: A little cave girl, how strange, yet not as strange as all the demi-humans combined.

Combat: As far as I can remember, she was quite the powerhouse. Not as strong as others, but she was a decent fighter, one that was worthy of being a backup.

Tilt: She helped you out in Gaia's Navel, and made allusions to time travel.

Final Grade: C

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:10:32 am »
Character Design: Eegads! It's an Ayla chibi! With good looking furs! And she's cute!

Combat Usefulness: She's a powerhouse. I didn't utilize her the way I should have, and I regret that now.

Tilt: Basically, Leah is confusing. She has the possibility of having traveled through time, plus she might be Ayla's mother...she's confusing, and she had potential to be an absolutely fascinating character, one that might've even made the coveted "I'm staying a PC" list of mine.

Unfortunately...she's wasted, which knocks her down. Sorry, Leah.

Final Grade: C.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:04:15 am »
Design: Hmm...She's a tiny Ayla, complete with a necklace that looks suspiciously like the astral amulet (but how could it be?)  Since she's presumably from prehistoric times, maybe it's a plain Dreamstone pendant.  *shrugs*  She has a cute little tail, bright green eyes, and a brilliant grin.  I kind of squee a little when I see her.  I think she's just so darn adorable.

Combat:  Wow.  I mean, WOW.  She may be cute and cuddly looking, but do not tick her off.  Just like Ayla in CT, she's a beast when it comes to brute strength and power.  Physically speaking, she owns.

Tilt: The game didn't spend enough time discussing her various possibilities, but hinted at something huge.  She speaks of "land-anger" and then she was separated from her village, but there's no other village in Gaia's Navel.  Then at the end of the game, she up and says she'll name her daughter "Ayla."  Perhaps she is Ayla's mother, and perhaps she's not.  There is a theory on this site somewhere talking about how she might just be the key to the Reptite dimension.  If she is removed from time, and then Ayla is never born, the Reptites win and humanity loses, thus eventually giving rise to Dinopolis. 

She had a lot of possibilities that the game never dealt with.  But despite its silence on her character, her potential makes her a memorable character to me.  Though many may not agree with me, I give her a grade of A.

Final Grade: A
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:07:52 am by rushingwind »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:53:45 am »
Design: She's a cave-girl, a mini Ayla complete with enormous cutesy eyes. Nothing original, (except for the necklace) but nothing wrong with the design either.

Combat: A powerhouse, just like Ayla. Didn't use her much after Gaia's Navel, though.

Tilt: Makes an interesting statement about naming her daughter 'Ayla'... It isn't confirmed that she's Ayla's mother, though. Her significance to the plot seems to be something that was meant to be bigger, but not made clear during the game.

Final Grade: C

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:18:12 pm »
She had a lot of possibilities that the game never dealt with.  But despite its silence on her character, her potential makes her a memorable character to me.  Though many may not agree with me, I give her a grade of A.

Final Grade: A

Did you forget to vote?

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 05:49:13 pm »
Did you forget to vote?

I accidentally voted B, and I don't know how to change it.  :(

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 07:07:08 pm »
Did you forget to vote?

I accidentally voted B, and I don't know how to change it.  :(

I'll just vote A, and your B can be my vote.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 03:23:11 am »
I'll just vote A, and your B can be my vote.

Word.  Thanks!  :)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 08:33:48 pm »
Character Design - Like a dumbed kiddie Ayla...with a necklace and something that looks more like an actual tail than Ayla's debated "tail"...

Combat Usefulness - She uses the ol' Axe, which is kinda cool, I guess. Her real claim-to-fame is the fact that all of her Techs are throwbacks to three of Ayla's best Techs: She's got RockThrow, TailSpin, & TripleKick. It was nice to see them in 3D...wish it was with a better character, but w/e...

Tilt Factor - She's kind of another boring character with a shady past. Her little 'adventure' on that island with the Green Dragon is by far the worst...just GETTING there is one of the most difficult to realize how to do in the game. Then getting to fight the dragon is a real pain too, but I guess I don't have to put that part on Leah's shoulders...*shrugs*. She's basically just a wink & a nod to the CT fans at Ayla...but whatever. It wasn't enough to completely win me over just that they had a character who was kinda like a character in their other game...

Final Grade - C

How horrible is this cosplayer's Ayla wig?