Author Topic: question about this  (Read 2081 times)

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
question about this
« on: August 25, 2007, 02:17:42 pm »
im going to make a text RPG for this, but my question is: if i made it about the battle between magus and chrono at his castle before they go to 12,000bc is it still able to be in DS? it has magus, and hes a part of zeal. or would it have to take place IN ZEAL?

Ramsus

Re: question about this
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 02:18:59 pm »
I would discourage games and anything of significant length. If it can stand on its own, it probably shouldn't be a part of this project.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 02:25:09 pm »
i know, but games are the only thing i can do, and i really wanna be a part of this.
also, i decided i would run with this: * Fiction concerning a Zealian thrown to another time era
but it wont be someone from the game, it'll just be a random zealian.

it wont be too big of a game though, just maybe like 30 mins of gameplay.

also, for others, what if you wanted to mod CT to add more into the zeal part? would that be allowed for the project?

Ramsus

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:22:37 pm »
Let me put it this way then: if you have to download it to view or experience it, then it shouldn't be a part of this project. It should be a fan project. This is not a technical project. The goal isn't hacking, writing code, or even creating an interactive experience beyond the creation process.

Also, I don't see how making a text RPG and writing some good fiction requires different skills. If you can do one, then at least try to do the other.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:54:07 pm »
*sigh* yea, i guess i'll write some fiction >.<

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 05:38:35 am »
And I doubt you could do it in time too.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 08:36:49 pm »
In time for what? I thought ZeaLitY said this wasn't a contest or anything and that it wouldn't end so long as people kept making crap or w/e...

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:32:27 pm »
Yea he did say that.

There is no general deadline, but if it took you like 3 months to make it, the buzz of the event would have really died down since then.
Plus, there has to be some sort of time frame for Zeality to make the special feature page, or whatever it is going to be, where we display the artwork, writings, etc..

Ramsus

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 09:49:44 pm »
Yea he did say that.

There is no general deadline, but if it took you like 3 months to make it, the buzz of the event would have really died down since then.
Plus, there has to be some sort of time frame for Zeality to make the special feature page, or whatever it is going to be, where we display the artwork, writings, etc..

I'll be making the page, and I'm usually late with this kind of stuff due to being incredibly busy with my training, so it'll definitely take more than 3 months before the final version comes out. In the meantime, there might be some "Preview" releases highlighting some of the best stuff people have submitted.