Author Topic: GATO'S LAST STAND  (Read 3384 times)

data638

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
GATO'S LAST STAND
« on: September 02, 2004, 05:36:01 pm »
A thrilling tale of revenge and betrayal!!!!

Among all the characters in Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, there is only one who stars in both of them.  Why you ask?  Because, without a doubt, he is the coolest character in both games.  Now you may be wondering, “Who is this mystery man?”  He is, in fact, not a man at all, but a machine!  That’s right, GATO!!!!  In Chrono Cross the main character comes across Gato as he is dying.  But how did he get to that point?  Find out his tale of heroic sacrifice in…

Gato’s Last Stand

It was a dull evening at the orphanage.  Gato the robot was doing duty as the Receptionist/Janitor since his mistress Lucca couldn’t afford to hire real ones.  After he finished mopping up a pool of vomit induced by the genetically altered food the kids were fed every day to keep them healthy, he sat down at his oversized desk.  “1010011010.  Also, my life sucks.” he thought to himself.  He remembered his glory days beating the crap out of teenagers and old people at the Millennial Fair.  Rarely were his challengers worthy of the 15 silver points he was programmed to bestow upon the victorious.  He had just picked up a computer hardware magazine and was wondering what upgrades he could afford for himself, when the door flew open.  “Foolish humans!” he muttered to himself.  Then, he saw a fiery demon standing in the doorway.  “Visiting hours are over!  Come back tomorrow at 10 am!” he said with a touch of annoyance.  Then, the Demon dropkicked him into his desk.  Being extremely pissed off at this point, Gato got up from the shattered remnants of his desk and proceeded to beat the shit out of the demon and steal his wallet.  But more demons keep piling through the front door.  Gato became death incarnate as he whirled around too fast for human or demon to see and proceeded to efficiently, and gruesomely, kill every demon that dared to pass through the door.  Dripping with blood and gore, Gato climbed the now massive pile of corpses and proclaimed to the night, “NONE SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!”  Then, a dark shape filled the doorway.  Gato started to bellow a challenge but stopped dead when he saw who it was.  Standing in the door was a fearsome fusion of Man, Machine and Motorcycle.  Johnny had returned.  “Hey babe, let’s ride the wind” he said smugly.  Gato; however, didn’t hear him because his logic circuits were trying to figure out how a robot from a future that didn’t exist had managed to show up with an army of demons on his doorstep.  But suddenly, Johnny gunned his engine, and the fight was on!  For miles, the horrible noises of bending steel and smashing titanium filled the night.  Oil and robo-lubricant was spilling everywhere as both combatants smashed into each other, threw each other through walls, windows, and bystanders, and tore each other to bits.  Then, Johnny threw Gato into a stove and ignited the gas using his flaming exhaust vents.  A horrific explosion ripped through the night.  Johnny emerged from the flaming ruins laughing with triumph.  Primary power circuits destroyed… engaging emergency backups.  Gato watched the flames creep closer to his shattered body by the second.  He prepared himself for the end.  Then a small voice surfaced in his independent thought matrix.  “Gato, you’ve come so close”, “don’t be content to be a mediocre receptionist”, “Do it for the kids you can’t stand”, “Use the Force Gato!” And Gato suddenly realized that all of his meaningless existence had brought him to this point in time.  He knew what must be done.  He knew that the time had come to embrace his destiny.  Johnny surveyed the burning ruins with contempt in his eyes.  “That chump couldn’t take me” he thought to himself.  But behind him, a horrible dark shape rose.  There wasn’t much left of Gato other then wires and a metal framework.  “YOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANY SILVER POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!”  he yelled as he threw himself at Johnny.  With his last remnant of strength, he overloaded his power core and watched as Johnny disintegrated into a shower of sparks and molten metal.  Then, as his systems shutdown one by one, he saw 3 figures through the smoky gloom.  He spat out some incoherent warnings, and then took his place among the heroic legends of the past.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 08:35:37 pm »
A nice enough little short story...But...I don't think I understand the whole Johnny thing...Why was he there? Just to freak with Gato's head? It was nice and absurdly humerous until that part that didn't make much sense...But I suppose it's not supposed to?

Anyhoo...As I've said before...I don't think you have to Submit Fanfics anymore (it should probably be taken out of the Submission description) as you can just put them into the Open Book section of the Compendium.

data638

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 10:30:30 pm »
Well today i was bored and listening to orphan of flame from the chrono cross soundtrack and thought it would be cool to write a story about how gato got to the point he is where the player finds him destroyed.  I decided he needed to fight someone in a climactic battle to the death .  Since Johnny and Gato are my two favorite characters from chrono trigger it seemed like i should force them to battle to the death.  The story isn't suppose to make sense, just write johnny off to chrono screwing around with the timeline.

Ramsus

GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 11:10:07 pm »
Paragraphs need a blank line between them.

E.g.:

ABC

XYZ

instead of

ABC
XYZ

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 03:34:32 am »
Gato?  Who the hell's Gato?

Locuster

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 03:40:00 am »
You know... his name is Gato.  He has metal joints.  And if you beat him up, you earn silver points.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 04:46:21 am »
Quote from: Locuster
You know... his name is Gato.  He has metal joints.  And if you beat him up, you earn silver points.

Somebody didn't catch the OneUp Studios reference.

Check it out:  
OneUp Studios' Team Gato
OneUp Studios' Legend of Zelda 2002

Locuster

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 05:20:18 am »
*opens mouth... inserts foot*

And for someone who likes video game music as much as I do, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of OneUp studios until I got here.  The link isn't working for me at the moment, nor is the direct link from Dale North's website.  But I'll take your word for it.  :D  Thanks for the info!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
GATO'S LAST STAND
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 11:29:59 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can also get 'Team Gato' over at OverClocked too...

http://remix.overclocked.org/index.php

It's pretty funny...I like the Rap section of the song best. Although I thought it a little sad that Gato's victory words weren't incorperated...

data638

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Team Gato
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 08:41:00 pm »
Team Gato was the inspiration for this!
That shit is awsome!