Author Topic: Glennleo's Bug Report Thread  (Read 3885 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Glennleo's Bug Report Thread
« on: August 22, 2007, 06:48:37 pm »
I didn't know where to put bugs that I found so I just figured I'd make a topic for it.

1) Truce Inn, and Mayor's Manor NPC dialog is completely jacked. I can still click yes or no, and stuff and it works, but it is unreadable. Sometimes it is invisible text, and other times it is a random scramble of letters and symbols.

2) I went into Guardia Forest to lvl up a little before going to 600AD, and the Hekate were displaying 0/0 HP. Was weird since I didn't have the Sight Scope that I was even able to see that data. I'm going to fight some more monsters there, and the Hekate again, to see if I can even beat any.

If you can teach me to take pictures of ZSNES without doing a print screen, I'll add pics for these bugs as well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:58:39 pm by Glennleo »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Glennleo's Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:08:17 pm »
Heh. Figured out how to take pictures, and found some more errors sadly.

1) Here's some examples of NPC dialog messing up. It's everyone in the Manor/Inn. I have a bunch of screen shots, but I'll only post a few of the funnier ones.  :lol:

New Error: When talking to this guy:

When sent into his demo or w/e it is, it sent me back to my room, unable to move and I was invisible.

Other battle demos, along with status effects demo worked.

2) The monster displaying 0/0 HP reading. Weird since I don't even have a SightScope yet.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:10:37 pm by Glennleo »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:22:56 pm »
Looks like some bad corruption there.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:20:04 pm »
Looks like some bad corruption there.
Just a little bit.

OK! So I finished the first demo, after beating Yarka, and I have sadly found some more bugs. Not earth shattering bugs, but some. And I possibly figured out the whole SightScope thingy.

I'm pretty sure I finished the demo, because Truce Canyon was back to it's original form when I went to go back to 1000AD.

1) Some more messed up NPCs in Residence.

2) A little mistake at the Inn.

3) I'm not quite sure how this glitch even happened. I was beginning to attack the Blue Eaglets, and it did an animation as if I was attacking them all at once. They disappeared, but were still attacking me. I couldn't target them or anything.

So I had no choice, but to run away!  :lol:

4) Minor text box error.

5) A possible solution to the SightScope glitch. This is a battle with the SightScope on.

As you can see it displays it as if I didn't have the SightScope on. Something got twisted around, or reversed somehow.

Other than that, it was a fun demo. I look forward to playing more of it, as it gets finished.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:28:10 pm »
Whoops forgot some things.

Most of these have to do with Truce Canyon, and they are probably messed up because it isn't totally finished yet.

1) Some general Truce Canyon errors. Probably due, like I said, to not being totally done yet.

Gahh! I can't get it!

2) More battle type errors. I could kill these guys though.

That's it. Let me know what you two think of these glitches.

One last thing. We need to fix BlackJack! You have to show one of the dealer's cards, so you have some idea to hit or stay!

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 02:17:42 pm »
Damn corruption. Sometimes I wonder why I even try.

Truce Canyon? Yeah, that's definately not done yet.

I didn't know where to put bugs that I found so I just figured I'd make a topic for it.

Good idea.

2) I went into Guardia Forest to lvl up a little before going to 600AD, and the Hekate were displaying 0/0 HP. Was weird since I didn't have the Sight Scope that I was even able to see that data. I'm going to fight some more monsters there, and the Hekate again, to see if I can even beat any.

I was trying to get enemies display their HP for bosses, but this messed everything else up. Also, Hetakes are now like level 9 to 13 so good luck. :twisted:

One last thing. We need to fix BlackJack! You have to show one of the dealer's cards, so you have some idea to hit or stay!

Possibly... For now it's almost completely identical to the Blackjack in Super Mario RPG -- with the exception that if you tie you get your SP back.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:19:52 pm by Zakyrus »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 03:01:15 pm »
Damn corruption. Sometimes I wonder why I even try.

Eh everything has setback. It'll be alright. If it helps, the old demo I played up to Magus had the same errors. So maybe you just forgot to fix them?

I was trying to get enemies display their HP for bosses, but this messed everything else up. Also, Hetakes are now like level 9 to 13 so good luck. :twisted:

Ahh that's probably why I couldn't defeat them at Lvl 1.  :lol: I had no idea. Guess you can't level up before you go to 600 AD anymore. No biggie.

Possibly... For now it's almost completely identical to the Blackjack in Super Mario RPG -- with the exception that if you tie you get your SP back.

I love Black Jack. I'm just saying to make it more realistic to real Black Jack you get to see one of the dealer's cards. Otherwise I have no freaking clue whether to hit or stay at like a 17, or 18. I end up losing a ton because the dealer would get a 18, or a 19.
But if you want it to feel like Super Mario RPG that's your choice. I'm just saying what needs to be changed if you want it to be more similar to traditional Black Jack.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:08:01 pm »
I love Black Jack. I'm just saying to make it more realistic to real Black Jack you get to see one of the dealer's cards. Otherwise I have no freaking clue whether to hit or stay at like a 17, or 18. I end up losing a ton because the dealer would get a 18, or a 19.
But if you want it to feel like Super Mario RPG that's your choice. I'm just saying what needs to be changed if you want it to be more similar to traditional Black Jack.

It will be more "realistic" later. Just wanted to implement the "basic" version for now.