Poll

Rate Kid on a scale of A (best) to D (worst)

A
10 (76.9%)
B
3 (23.1%)
C
0 (0%)
D
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 13: Kid  (Read 3880 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 13: Kid
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:05:51 pm »
Evaluate Kid based on her character design, combat usefulness, and Tilt factor -- which can mean anything, from how much she strikes you as cool to how important she is to the plot.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Kid.html

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:37:46 am by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Rate Cross Characters 13: Kid
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:07:42 pm »
Design: Easily one of Yuuki's best pieces for the game. She's hip, vibrant, and dashing.

Combat: She's got the Steal ability!

Tilt: She is Schala's antithesis. While this might be a bad thing when it comes to manners at the dinner table or proficiency in English, she wins huge points for being a self-willed, passionate individual. We all remember how Schala complied with Queen Zeal's orders and indirectly brought about the ruin of Zeal.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 10:25:57 pm »
Wow, just got in my Karsh vote then, eh? Anyways...

Character Design - From what I remember, she didn't change a whole lot from Radical Dreamers...Cool design, though none-the-less. Simple & clean...The only thing I'm iffy on are those little white marks on her cheeks and forearms...*shrugs*

Combat Usefulness - She is the ONLY character who uses a dagger. It suits her character well. She's got Pilfer for stealing things and she's the first character you can recruit that CAN steal. Her second tech has her throw a whole crapload of knives, which looks very cool and her last tech has her conjure up a special device which only Lucca could make that blows the crap outta the enemies.

Tilt Factor - She's quite possibly one of the best theifs in all of RPGdom and one of the only girls. Her & Locke would rule on a pile of pilfered pillage, I do say so myself! She's one of the ONLY characters who not only gets tremendous and IMPORTANT backstory, but also that all important factor CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! She's got a personality and she's not afraid to show it. She bites and snaps at Serge & any & all of his band of freaks, but she also shows that at heart, she's still part frightened little girl with no family or friends to speak of. She's got the two scenes which I think are the most "cry-worthy": 1) the campfire scene with Serge on Water Dragon Isle & 2) the scene with Serge of Lucca's burning house. Her only drawback is her stupid accent, but I'll allow it because she's awesome. Only her & Harle'll get this grade from me, I think...

Final Grade - A
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:28:03 pm by V_Translanka »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 10:49:26 pm »
Design: Wow, Schalas became an Australian Whore!? I would have never known it was her! Other than that, her design is just screams whore. But, other than that, she has a spicy, sultry personality.

Combat: She's an okay fighter, you mostly use her to steal, and thats about it.

Tilt: OMFG! She has development!? And is a main character!? Auto 5!

Final Grade: A

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 11:10:23 pm »
Character Design: Though Kid falls slightly prey to the typical Japanese standard of "Make them look HAWT!" it actually fits her character. She's spunky, energetic, and the epitome of the Springtime of Youth, as Zeality would call it. (And I'm sure if she had to she'd use sex as a weapon like everything else.)

Combat Usefulness: As one of three characters who can steal--and one part of a two part stealing double tech--she's fantastic. She's one of the best red elements in the game all the way through. Sure, she falters a bit because you lose her while as Lynx, but after that she becomes good again.

Tilt: She has the single largest amount of character development in the game. A perfect character to keep in a more Triggerized style of Chrono Cross storytelling (Again, basically slimming down PC numbers to reasonable levels and integrating them more into the story) she's amazing. Of course, she's also one of the three most important characters, since she is the daughter-clone of Schala. Her development makes her human in so many ways...she's just fantastic. Absolutely brilliant creation there.

Final Grade: A.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:37:49 am »
Character Design: She's a beautiful woman, and her design is kickass.  Yes, she's quite scantily clad, but I really couldn't imagine Kid any other way.  It just wouldn't fit her character.  And I love her accent!

Combat Usefulness: Amazingly useful compared to other characters in the game.  Her Steal tech is always great to have. 

Tilt: Wow, where do I start?  She's the clone of Schala, which makes her cool from the start.   :D  Loyal and kind, she's the kind of friend you'd want to have.  She probably has the most development in the game of any character.

Kid wins my vote for her backstory and her awesome combat skills.  :)

Final Grade: A.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:35:21 am »
Design: Perfect. Suits her so well. Nothing else could possibly work.

Combat: She can steal. Plus, she's pretty good besides that. Looks snazzy holding a dagger, too, and her Final Tech is cool.

Tilt: A bucketload of character development, awesome personality, and key to the plot. She's essential and harbours an enjoyable personality, as well as her backstory.

Final Grade: A

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 04:22:57 pm »
Design: She is scantily clad in nothing but a miniskirt and a short top, exposing her bra, making her look cheap and trashy and personally made me dislike her for quite some time,  (Though, she does look being in the CGI scenes). I like the accent though.

Combat Usefulness: Personally, I never really liked to use her much, except I always thought she looked good in a party with Serge and Guile (mostly because of Radical Dreamers). Her techniques are mediocre and don't have a WOW factor. And even though she has pilfer, there are still two other characters who can steal.

Tilt: As she is one of the main characters, she has quite a big chick of back story. However, since she is supposed to have been Schala's daughter/clone, that's what I expected from her, to be Schala. It was a tragedy to lose Schala once, then to have her reappear as some stealing whore totally ruined it for me. Secondly, her demeanor is too bipolar for me. She can be wild, aggressive and passionate, and then the next moment be scared like a little girl. There's nothing really tragic about her except for the loss of Lucca, and I never really saw her connection with Serge, except that Kato seemed to force it upon us to make it that way.

Final Grade: B.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 07:57:03 pm »
WHOA! Exposing her bra?? WTF are you talking about? She has a red overshirt/coat on top of a short white top...I don't remember there being any bra that I could see...AND I WOULD HAVE REMEMBERED!!!

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 02:26:33 am »
Her white shirt is more revealing than a bra. And at first glance, it looks like a skanky sports bra.

Kyronea

• View Profile
Re: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 13: Kid
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 10:54:36 pm »
Kay, Zaper? Schala and Kid are two different people. Really. They're not the same person. Yes, Kid is a clone of Schala, but she is a completely different person, who has lived a completely different life.

As such, she is not some "stain" on Schala's "divinity" or "sacredness" or whatever the hell you consider Schala to be. (I myself hold her up to a high standard, personally.) Kid is Kid, and Schala is Schala. As such, Kid is not an insult to Schala, okay? Quit trying to impose your interpretation of the Chronoverse upon everything!

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 12:40:05 pm »
^
It's my opinion, and I'll state what I want from my view >_>
Don't tell me what to do.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 12:43:26 pm »
^
It's my opinion, and I'll state what I want from my view >_>
Don't tell me what to do.
And I was simply stating my opinion that your opinion is wrong.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 11:16:30 pm »
And I say Harle > Kid. Too bad I wasn't here to vote for her when it was her time >_<

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 11:25:22 pm »
Why is this reopened (and yet it still says it's closed?)