Author Topic: Character Paths  (Read 20819 times)

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004, 12:06:51 am »
I was under the impression that Chronopolis wouln't be present in the ideal timeline - which means the Flame is probably just chilling out in a cave somewhere in the Sea of Eden.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2004, 01:42:27 pm »
Yes, GrayLensman's theory on the Time Crash accomodates the fact that there is no reason for Chronopolis to exist in the Sea of Eden once everything is taken care of; the same goes for the Gate effect, though Time Bastard states that anyone who ever left it would do so once more, meaning El Nido is still formed.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2004, 03:01:37 pm »
Alright, then I guess we can proceed on the assumption that the Frozen Flame will be found in a cave on an island in the Sea of Eden. How about this outline of events:

-Backer, on a search for the Frozen Flame (I'll get into his specific reasons and methods in my next post), reaches an island in the Sea of Eden
-Hunter & Amy (V_Translanka can come up with their motives) are also on this island at this time.
-The three meet up, and Hunter & Amy decide to follow Backer (who's able to detect the Frozen Flame through his pulsing) into the cave (reasons to be left to V_Translanka)
-They reach the Frozen Flame.
-Hunter & Amy approach it, and are affected by it.
-Backer, meanwhile, seems to have gone into a trance. After a few minutes, he (possibly still in a trance--it's hard to tell with him) charges his sword with an odd type of energy and uses it to tear a rift in the fabric of time which sends all three of them to the End of Time. (Note: That energy will be of the Chrono Cross's element. He'll later find it's useful for pure destructive power, but won't be able to reproduce this "tear a hole in reality" trick. Again, exactly what's going on here will be shown a lot better in the actual post.)

If that sounds good, then V_Translanka and I can start working on this chapter. I'd recommend you start with a Hunter and/or Amy post leading up to them reaching this island and meeting Backer.

On another note, it would be more logical for the jailbreakers to end up in Keystone around 600 AD., as this was the time Sigma was pulled from. They don't have to do much there before Gaspar opens a gate for them to go to the End of Time.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 03:33:57 pm »
Sounds good to me - although I'd recommend posting all of the jailbreak scenes (or at least get to 600AD) before you guys start with the Backer & Hunter/Amy ones, just for the sake of having a little resolution before jumping onto another topic.

Maybe you could have a fight scene in there? I just want to see Backer own something again. Perhaps Hunter & Amy are dealing with something when he stumbles upon them and lends a hand?  :D

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2004, 06:18:03 pm »
Sounds good to me.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 12:48:38 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Quote from: Claado Shou
Serian is from the 2300 A.D. ravaged by Lavos, one of a group of survivors known as the Tyrans.

So, wait...how is that? Lavos exists again? Is this a supposed result of the new Toma Timeline? I never thought the Rainbow Shell was that important...but...how does that happen? Or is this 2300 in another timeline apart from either Keystone...?

Not the Keystone Dimension(s).  The Lavos Timeline.  Gaspar can see into more than one dimension, right?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 01:26:01 am »
Well, the Lavos timeline should be in the DBT by now, long consumed by the darkness.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 09:41:38 am »
Hmm...alright, is there any dimension still in existence that has a 2300 A.D. ravaged by Lavos and filled with his spawn?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 12:12:17 pm »
Not that would be easily accessible. There are most likely such dimensions in other parent timelines, but only ZEAL would be capable of accessing them.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 02:00:05 pm »
Oi. Sorry we didn't pick up on this earlier.

I'm fairly certain that there has to be a timeline out there where Crono fails to stop Lavos, but it would be quite difficult to get someone from that timeline to Keystone. ZEAL could do it, but working it in now might be problematic as the jailbreak sequence has probably been written for the most part.

If its a post-apocalyptic character you're interested in, you might could suggest Serian is from the far future in which something else has pretty much decimated humanity, because its bound to happen eventually. (Considering that Dun's character comes from a future where humanity has long passed away)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 02:05:58 pm »
Well, if we do explore that option, at least assert that humanity is busy conquering the stars, and has abandoned its home after using all its resources. We can't kill hope like that.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »
Stepping back for a minute.

Could the Entity have shielded Serian from history being rewritten in any sort of way?

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2004, 02:38:45 pm »
Quote from: Symmetry
Stepping back for a minute.

Could the Entity have shielded Serian from history being rewritten in any sort of way?

Holy shit.  That's perfect (if you don't understand why, you will when I make my next post).  You just gave me a great idea, so...question answered.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2004, 03:41:18 pm »
Depends of the Entity has THIS kind of foresight.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2004, 04:13:47 pm »
It's possible, given that the Entity could just allow him to time-jump to the far past and shield him via Time-Bastard. This seems pretty implausible, however, as there's no reason for the Entity to do this at a Time-Error when the destroyed future exists, and once ZEAL has made its move, its too late. Plus, there would have to be some really good reason for the Entity to preserve him.