Author Topic: Observers: The Black Wind  (Read 3242 times)

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Observers: The Black Wind
« on: December 23, 2005, 06:33:40 am »
Hello folks,
New here to this forum though I've been using the site for awhile now for my fanfic(s).  Suffice to say I think it's going well but I can't find anyone that will give me their two cents about it.  I have a link that goes to where I've posted in on fanfiction.net(I know, not the greatest of places).  So far I've seen how many people have read it on my stats page but no one wants to leave a review and tell me how they see it.  Anyway, I'm not here to ask for reviews, it would help, but instead share some of what i've written with you.  Hopefully you enjoy it :)

Oh btw, this takes place after the events of Chrono Trigger and I am ignoring the events of Chrono Cross(I didn't like the game that much) but you may see some elements that have been ported over.  There is an original character involved as well, being one of the main characters, and everyones favorite glowering warlock.

Gaara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 09:05:03 pm »
That's good! I liked the way you described things...

Wes Janson

• Earthbound (+15)
  • How it should have ended.
    • View Profile
Re: Observers: The Black Wind
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 01:55:35 am »
Any chance of updaqtes (I know this fic seems dead, but its a good 'un !)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 04:58:31 pm »
I liked this fanfict.  I'm only on chapter 2 but so far it's great.

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 06:24:13 am »
Ahh, hello there folks.  No the fic isn't dead I've just been a bit busier this year than I'd like.  We took the ship all around Asia to show some goodwill to the countries and then once we got back we went into the yards for a few months fixing things up.  It's been hectic but I will try and update sometime during the holidays.  Thanks to everyone who reads it though, I hope you enjoy!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 11:51:58 pm »
I enjoy this fanfict very much.  One of the more interesting ones I've read by far.

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 05:44:42 am »
Anyhow, back an schedule for normal updates and such.  Chapter 11 is now online and here's where you can find it:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2553957/11/

It may seem a little low key, not uber exciting, but Chapter 12 should liven things up quite a bit. Anyways Enjoy!

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 08:59:52 am »
Taking the update ball and running with it, Chapter 12 is up and live.  Let me just say things go where you might not have been expecting them to go.  Hopefully a good read.  And here's a link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2553957/12/

Enjoy!  And thanks to whoever was the reviewer(I'm sure it was someone from this forum lol).

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 11:44:53 pm »
Sorry about the lack up chapters update, been somewhat busy here (thought it is really no excuse).  Unfortunately this isn't an updated to say I have more chapters, rather a brief look into what I've been so busy.

I'm currently deployed in the Forward Deployed Navy, which is quite a bit different than the normal Navy.  Stationed in Sasebo, Japan at the moment but we are almost never ported in and always sailing around doing drills and such.  If anyone reading this has been in the military, then you know the amount of fun Watches are.  For about 12 hours out of each day I am staring at a radar-scope like thingy.  The other 12 are maintenance, training, and drills(I'm also the ships website admin, www.tortuga.navy.mil); somewhere in there I squeeze in some sleep.  So while we are underway I dont't have a large, or small, amount of free time.  The last 2 chapters I squezed out during holiday stand-down.  Soon though I am transfering back stateside (I have been here 3 years after all) so you'll get more frequent updates.

Just a quick reason why there aren't any frequent updates at the moment.  I've got big things planned, great story arcs, and fast-paced action scenes planned; I just have to get some free time to write them.  In any case, thanks for reading and hopefully it has treated you well thus far.  Be sure that your feedback and reviews have been appreciated!  Back to work!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 05:05:23 pm »
I understand.  I have to say, this is probably the best fan fict of Chrono I have read besides Chains of Fate's mini one :P

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 05:42:09 am »
Chapter 13 is live, I'd say more here but I've written it all down at the start of the chapter.  Take a gander.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2553957/13/

Next chapter should be a bit quicker in coming as long as my transfer back CONUS(continental United States, yay for Navy acronyms!) works out.  If not it may be a bit longer.  Anyways, enjoy!

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 04:32:37 pm »
Ack, well it's been longer than I would have liked but some things take time I suppose. 

I'm out of Japan and happily settled in San Diego for now, on the large arse ship USS GermanTown.  My stuffs moved, my internet is almost set up, and things are finally starting to get into a daily rythm.

Anyways, just letting those out there still interested that the story is not dead and everything has settled down once more to the point I can continue writing.  This isn't a chapter announcment, expect that within the next week though, just sort of a "hi, ya I'm back" kind of thing.  For all those who are patient enough to put up with my infrequent updates I thank you.  Anyways, catch ya soon!

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 12:42:15 am »
Chapter 14 is up!  Enjoy the read and let me know what you think of the direction!  Thanks.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2553957/14/The_Observers_The_Black_Wind