Author Topic: Best female character of all time?  (Read 5066 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Best female character of all time?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 09:27:31 pm »
Well, c'mon, most Fighting games started out being completely aimed at a male audience. Street Fighter 2 & Fatal Fury, to use the characters I talked about, were both released in the old age of video games. It was the reinvention of the arcade. This was back when video games were solely male dominated.

I don't think there are that many big-breasted females in the Guilty Gear series...and there are a lot of females too...

But then again...you could always bring up the Dead or Alive series to counter anything I just said...It's obviously pandering...But I still love it!

V_V ^_^ V_V ^_^ V_V

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 09:29:08 pm »
It's still insulting and degrading to me because it treats me like I must be an absolute horndog who goes for stereotypically sexy women, when I don't.

Meh. I need to stop myself before I start another argument and end up ranting my head off.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 09:34:09 pm »
It's not saying you specifically, just nost males in general. They go after a target audience instead of single individuals and minorities. 8)

So you should be proud! You're, like, original, or something...kinda...not really...you're just weird.

lol

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 12:39:44 am »
But this flies in the face of how things actually work. If you're an athletic female who eats healthily and gets a lot of exercise, you will have a chest close to being flat. Only if you eat unhealthily and do not exercise will you have larger breasts.

The hell?

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 12:44:44 am »
Breasts have fat in them. Exercise, you lose some fat.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 12:47:20 am »

The hell?

Dude. Breasts are basically sacks of fat. There's more to them, obviously, but the important parts required for them to work are not all that large.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 01:15:15 am »
Now that I think about it...I'm gonna have to go with Fear from Star Ocean.  Idk what weaps she uses but those just kick ass all day >_>

Dude. Breasts are basically sacks of fat.
._.'' if I could find a pic i'd prove that wrong.  There's a girl in our school that is not fat at all and has large breasts. (I Sound like a pervert...)  Yea I know there's more but...O_o..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 01:17:29 am by justin3009 »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 01:22:18 am »
._.'' if I could find a pic i'd prove that wrong.  There's a girl in our school that is not fat at all and has large breasts. (I Sound like a pervert...)  Yea I know there's more but...O_o..
I did say that I was speaking of averages. My mother used to have large breasts when she was rather obese, but about two years ago she focused on cutting her weight down significantly. (She actually went overboard due to an illness that struck her and is now UNDERWEIGHT...it's amazing how tiny she is.) Now she's essentially flat as a board.

My sister, on the other hand, continues to have massive breasts along with her massively obese body. I know, these are anecdotes rather than actual sources that I should be offering, but it's rather commonly understood.

Take one look at Japanese women and you'll understand...the usual diet and exercise plan there leaves them almost wholly flat for the most part. Sure, genetics will occasionally allow one to have larger breasts naturally rather than due to fat, but that's just genetics playing a card and not the average. Unless you want to argue that every single instance of this bizarre breast growth in anime and video game women--hardly limited to Japanese animation and Japanese video games--is the result of every single one of them having this genetic card being played, you have to realize that it's simply unrealistic.

Not that I necessarily have a problem with things not being wholly realistic, mind...if I did I doubt I would ever enjoy anything fictional. I simply don't like this specific aspect of unrealism.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 01:46:17 am »
You obviously don't actually know what you're talking about, do you, DOFT minion? That seems to happen fairly often.

Breasts are not "basically sacks of fat." The fat in breasts is mostly subcutaneous, and tends to be roughly as thick as general subcutaneous fat deposits on the chest. Most of the breast is made of glandular tissue. Innate breast size is largely independent of one's body fat percentage, and there are plenty of fat women with small breasts as well as thin women with large ones. While an increase in body fat does tend to result in an increase in breast size, the ratio of breast size increase to bodywide increase is not consistent from person to person, nor is it very strong in most cases--meaning that one is not likely to get as fat in the breasts as her body in general is getting, if she does get fat.

To put it simply, however well-meaning you were to argue against the objectification of female game characters based upon breast size, your lack of understanding of the actual subject of breast composition renders your efforts most laughable at best, and sexist at worst.

You too, V.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 07:09:02 am »
If you don't like the way women are presented in video games, then don't play it, simple as that. (and by presented, I mean in attire, not the character itself. I think RPG's should cut the crap, and stop either having the cute, shy and usually-fights-in-background girls, or the kickyoass sexy girl (like Tifa). JUST HAVE SOMEONE NORMAL!) I don't really see it as sexist. It is marketed towards a group of people, who however much they deny it, enjoy it. Of course, if Team Ninja suddenly said that the characters of DOA were based off what women were really like, and that women should just bend over and enjoy the ride, then yeah...that would be sexist.

But I'm guess, Kyronea, that you're just pissed off because it is unrealistic for women to fight in skimpy clothes.

I won't go into breats much, except to say that I quite enjoy them.

What is this DOFT you keep talking about J? Did I miss something in one of the current threads? All I could find out about a DOFT was in freedictionary.com, and that was that it could mean Department of Flight Training. Yeah, I hate those bastards too.

Back on topic! My favourite female character would have to be some of the MGS ones. The Boss, Eva, Raiden Meryl & Olga Gurlukovich (when she becomes a certain someone). But The Boss beats them alll.

Others ones...er...Final Fantasy ones won't do, because they're either that stupid girly princess-y character (Yuna, Rinoa), spunky and cute (which ultimately gets boring; Rikku), or, er, unknown (Quistis). And this isn't hottest female character, so they're all out! I should delve deeper into the world of FF6, however. HOLD IT! Garnet/Dagger - definetely.

Jill Valentine and Jade are awesome characters. Great personalities, and pretty good lookin' too. Orta from Panzer Dragoon Orta is awesome too - no reason (I don't even think she talks) except that it's a damn good game. Lara Croft has a nice balance between character and boobs, so she's good too.

Well, there we have it. I definetely missed out on some gems, but I will probably add them later on.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 02:28:18 pm »
I find it rather funny how this turned into a conversation about breasts. XD

Anywho, about the topic at hand... I would have to say Bulma Briefs and Lucca are the best female characters of all time. : D

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 02:35:44 pm »
Back on topic! My favourite female character would have to be some of the MGS ones. The Boss, Eva, Raiden Meryl & Olga Gurlukovich (when she becomes a certain someone). But The Boss beats them alll.

I like Eva a lot, too. She comes as a close second, after The Boss.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 08:23:12 pm »
I have a few characters that are my favorite:

Opera- Star Ocean: Second story. Who wouldn't like a three-eyed women with a thing for big guns.

Nel- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time: Excellent game for those who haven't played it. Nel was a work of art. Best female assassin ever.

Jessica-Dragon Quest VIII- Just the mere fact that you can dress her in different attractive outfits and she fights with a whip; a lost art in a lot of rpgs lately.

But for the best female character ever...Kos-Mos from Xenosaga series. She will kick the living crap out of any other female character ever created, including Samus.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 06:00:43 pm »
Psssshaw, KOS-MOS is all digital effects...Samus is the real deal! AND Samus could totally kick the Master Chief's ass too.

Energy Tanks>Energy Shield

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 10:54:45 pm »
KOS-MOS is a woman shapped robot. I'd hardly call that female in a meaningful sense.