Author Topic: Radical Dreamers remake  (Read 699 times)

andy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Radical Dreamers remake
« on: August 04, 2007, 05:36:52 am »
Hey guys,

Over the last few days I've been working on a little program that lets you play Radical Dreamers on a modern computer without emulation - via interpreting all the codes in the script, the idea being that it could have enhanced graphics and sound from the original. I've made some decent progress, the game is mostly playable, if a little ugly. A screenshot:

You can checkout the code on my site, but unless you're a developer it will be a bit of a mission to set up at the moment I'm afraid. What I could really use help with is with providing high res versions of the backgrounds in the game, and remixes of the music..

Cheers!
Andy

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Radical Dreamers remake
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:16:19 pm »
I never ripped the backgrounds, but a lot of the monsters and characters are available from the RD encyclopedia. Looks like an interesting project.

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 07:41:59 pm »
<3 That's hot!! I love RD and can't wait to see a version that doesn't require a rom and emulator to play <3

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 02:15:40 pm »
That looks pretty sweet - great idea.  I've never played RD, though, this version would basically be the greatest way ever to play my first run on.  I don't know if there are music files on this site, but I'll check it out and see if i can't do anything to help.  Good Luck on this project.