Author Topic: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread  (Read 24834 times)

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread
« Reply #315 on: December 22, 2009, 12:37:59 am »
This is one of the few (only?) times I can say I'm enjoying filler anime more than the manga. They did a complete injustice to the depth of Tosen's character by reducing him to the corny 'power-corrupted villian, who later realizes the error of his ways through various flashbacks' cliche. His character just had so much more potential. 

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2009, 03:45:52 pm »
I stopped reading Bleach when Yammy (I think that was his name) revealed he was the CERO ESPADA, even though the captains easily owned him in the real world earlier in the series, and Ishida blew him up. I have no clue what happens after that, but it's a gaping plot hole from my standing. I guess I can continue Bleach now that I'm done with One Piece.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #317 on: December 22, 2009, 05:43:55 pm »
I stopped reading Bleach when Yammy (I think that was his name) revealed he was the CERO ESPADA, even though the captains easily owned him in the real world earlier in the series, and Ishida blew him up.

Yammy only becomes Zero because he spends the entire Hueco Mundo arc eating and building up energy. It's really probably just a self-proclaimed title, and he's nothing more than Zero in strength only, whereas, say, Starrk would easily defeat him with no trouble because he's intelligent and Yammy isn't. Look at how Ichigo was handling him compared to Ulquiorra (until his reiatsu messed up and he fell). It's just a matter of having ridiculously huge strength and not having the brains or training to use it; the same as Isshin and Grand Fisher's conversation except on a bigger scale. At least that's how I see it. But yeah, it is a really stupid twist...