Author Topic: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread  (Read 24389 times)

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 02:42:30 pm »
Shunsui Kyouraku is the captain of the 8th division. He's a pretty cool character, indeed, I find it to be a shame that so little of his duo fight with Ukitake against Genryuusai was shown...

Also, IMO, Nanao is one of the coolest female characters in Bleach, together with Rukia and Yoruichi, even thogh so little of her has appeared. She and Shunsui complete each other as captain and sub-captain incredibly well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:13:24 pm by cupn00dles »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 04:56:59 pm »
Also, IMO, Nanao is one of the coolest female characters in Bleach, together with Rukia and Yoruichi, even thogh so little of her has appeared. She and Shunsui complete each other as captain and sub-captain incredibly well.

It's only a matter of time until they get their own episode/s. Till then, we wait!

I watched another few episodes lately, but nothing huge has happened, really. Besides, anything I say about them will be a spoiler, so meh.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 05:21:37 pm »
I have to say I hope not. I don't really like those "background story" fillers. Still, they are, at least, acceptable. Lately, there have been only sidecrapstory fillers. WHY FILLERS AGAIN? :S

Lu Su

• Guardian (+100)
  • Im an EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 06:15:54 pm »
Yup, they're all Shinigami/Death Gods. You'll see them in the second arc (which, in my opinion, really made Bleach seem amazing with a wave of well-developed characters).

you and death gods are becoming synonomous

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 07:33:22 am »
I have to say I hope not. I don't really like those "background story" fillers. Still, they are, at least, acceptable. Lately, there have been only sidecrapstory fillers. WHY FILLERS AGAIN? :S

Wait, I was referring to where Ikkaku fought Volcanica, those kind of episodes. Are they filler too?

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 09:50:34 am »

Wait, I was referring to where Ikkaku fought Volcanica, those kind of episodes. Are they filler too?

The fight, no. The flashback, yes.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 04:36:47 pm »
i havent seen it, but i seen an awesome amv of it with the music paint it black.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 07:43:18 pm »
For those of you who haven't seen it...go see it now! Like now, right when you read this.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 03:47:24 am »
LE SOUL SOCIETY ARC SPOILER

Mate Faffy McCoy, have you heard his theme song, Superpredators by Massive Attack? Usually I don't agree with Tite Kubo's modern songs, but aside from that awful klaxon (gets sort of annoying after multiple listens), it's like the perfect Kenpachi song. The part starting after 1:50 is probably the coolest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk3UTl9GgBQ

God, there is something to Kenpachi's style. The way he completely, selfishly, freely engages in whatever he desires without a second thought...and that perfect attitude, staying cool even under Tousen's bankai. That quote beforehand was perfect:

Come on, at least give me a bankai.

If Kenpachi ever masters his soul slayer, call it a night.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 12:26:44 pm »
MORE SPOILERS, NATURALLY

Jesus, that song is perfect. It really expresses Kenpachi as the giant death machine that he is. Bit annoying how it loops, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rJKSRrNnhQ

Ichigo's theme song comes from the group 'Bad Religion'. I like their music, and the song fits well enough, I guess. Anyway, the video is awesome and doesn't spoil anything; it's comprised of clips only from the first 3 episodes.

That quote beforehand was perfect:

Come on, at least give me a bankai.

If Kenpachi ever masters his soul slayer, call it a night.

Damn right. If he ever masters his soul slayer, he'll be invincible. Hell, he's pretty much invincible anyway. He's incredible, and no character can rival such an attitude. Completely carefree and not giving a damn about the Shinigami rules; he's basically a captain for the fun of it. Very cool.

That video was a fountain of screenshot possibilities.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:28:19 pm by Pyt Fumv »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 01:36:33 pm »
I just done done with that fight scene, and man was I impressed.

It was a battle of pure strength, and both of you are right. If he ever would find out his Soul Slayer's name, he'd be unstoppable. I thought it was freaking awesome that he wore an eye patch, that sucked away spirit force, and bells that made noise, so it would give his opponents an advantage during the fight. He even let Ichigo try to cut him.

What a cocky bastard who loves nothing else but fighting eh?

I also loved the part when he he is finally getting cut and it going crazy with ecstasy. That part, to me, truly defined his character.

I hope the next 10 episodes are just as great as the last 40 I've watched. Episode 41 here I come!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 02:13:02 pm »
Hah, yeah, he really lit up happily when Ichigo started slicing him. Just wait for the Byakuya fight. You'll like Ichigo...

It's all in that same sort of craziness vein. I suppose one can admire Zaraki and Ichigo for that complete solidity of will. It allows them to rise to captaincy rank or above, whereas the other captains sort of sit at their limits.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 02:22:28 pm »
I'm really looking forward to seeing the 10th Squad Captain, I forget his name honestly, fight.

I dunno what it is about him, but he just seems like a character I know that I am going to like.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »
I wonder how would a Captain's reiatsu potency compare to a Vizard's or one of the stronger Espada's. I guess that if Kenpachi were to learn to communicate with his Zanpakutou he would probably be Yamamoto-Genryuusai's level in terms of sheer reiatsu, but still I guess none of them are (or have the potential to be) as powerful as the Vizards... I mean, even in Ichigo's first manifestations of his Hollow powers, he had mostly mostly shown superior powers in comparsion to a high level captain such as Byakuya. And considering that Ichigo's Vizard form and Grimmjow's Pantera are seemingly on equal grounds, it would appear that there is quite a gap between the powers of the Vizards/stronger Espada (by stronger Espada I mean from Grimmjow upwards) and the Shinigami captains. Still, I guess that's not really how things are, there must be a lot to the captains' strength that hasn't yet been shown, and also they must have been sharpening their skills like crazy since Aizen's treason.

Also, I'm very curious to see if Aizen, Tousen and Gin have become Vizards (I wonder if the hougyoku can't unlock Hollow powers as well as Shinigami). A Vizard Aizen would be seriously fucked up. Seriously.

Also, I wonder if Isshin (and perhaps Urahara and Yoruichi also?! I mean, it's not hard at all to imagine all these renegade shinigami wearing a hollow mask, if you think about it...) isn't a Vizard too. That would make the most sense, considering Ichigo's inherent reiatsu.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 10:06:35 am »
Made a Kenpachi userbar, haha. http://userbarmaker.com is pretty damn useful.

Looks a little too bright, though.

[attachment deleted by admin]