Author Topic: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread  (Read 24803 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
The Much-Needed Bleach Thread
« on: July 30, 2007, 11:42:31 am »
Sanity!? Sorry, but I don't remember having such a useless thing in the first place.

I freakin' love Kenpachi! And Ikkaku, too. His fearless personality is inspiring, especially if you've seen his backstory in the Arrancar arc.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:48:46 am by Pyt Fumv »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:52:25 pm »
Are all these pics from Bleach?

I'm just curious, because they look like Death Gods to me, but I don't know for sure.
I'm only on Episode 11.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 02:00:16 pm »
Are all these pics from Bleach?

I'm just curious, because they look like Death Gods to me, but I don't know for sure.
I'm only on Episode 11.

Yup, they're all Shinigami/Death Gods. You'll see them in the second arc (which, in my opinion, really made Bleach seem amazing with a wave of well-developed characters).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 02:16:15 pm »
Yeah, we won't spoil anything for you. But wow, I'm surprised I turned out to really like Kenpachi. He sort of redeemed himself with that "lopsided" fight there (I'm in the mid 50s). Lopsided for his opposition, heh!

I love having villains come back to be good guys, though. I'm wondering if the current crop of characters I hate are going to be redeemed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:28:43 pm by ZeaLitY »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 02:38:32 pm »
Sweet. Can't wait to see what happens.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 02:47:22 pm »
Most of the characters get their moments - usually an episode revolving around their backstory and how they came to meet another character, etc. Most of Kenpachi's team shares the same personality as him, more or less. My favourite character so far (other than Ikkaku) would probably be either Hitsugaya or Chad. Hitsugaya is just 'professional' in how he acts and battles, and Chad has a well-developed story (namely his pact with Ichigo). Bleach really surprised me with the amount of characters, but they aren't disappointing at all: everyone gets their reason and motive for who they are and what they represent.

I'm wondering if the current crop of characters I hate are going to be redeemed.

What characters do you hate, ZeaLitY? I won't give away anything about them, of course.

Some Bleach Wii fights:
Kenpachi VS Tousen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LjdMJ2XkNU
Ikkaku VS Ichigo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHX_-qx9bQg

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 03:56:33 pm »
Most of the characters get their moments - usually an episode revolving around their backstory and how they came to meet another character, etc.

Fucking anime fillers.

BTW, the coolest Bleach character is Urahara, hands down. Benihime has to be the coolest Zanpakutou too, together with Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki. I hope Urahara goes bankai in the war to come. Oh, and Ulquiorra is awesome too. I wonder if his release will manage to be cooler than Grimmjaw's Pantera.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 01:38:38 am »
I have nothing to declare but my obsession.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 06:56:58 pm »
BLEACH SpOILeRs LOL OK I WARNED YOU LISTEN YOU PIECE OF

Well, I used to hate Byakuya (man, his upbringing lives him painfully formal). I guess I hate Gin more now and really hate Aizen. Yoruichi should have just cut the damn guy.

But I'm really loving a hell of a lot of characters now. Squad 11 just plain rules. Zaraki Kenpachi's fought with Tousen and Komamura or whatever during the end of that arc was like a bonus round of sex. I'm totally behind that guy now, along with the 3rd and 5th officers (even Mr. Beautiful, heh).

That said, the 8th Squad captain is pretty awesome too. Nanao~chan! Seeming him get serious with Yukitake and the old dude was pretty awesome. If any character lost respect by now, it'd sort of be Ichigo for not making Rukia go back with him. It would have been ridiculously easy to capitalize on a romantic link, but what the hell, Ichigo saves her and goes right back to his life? B-S. There was something there, but I guess it caved in to set up the filler arc.

Argh, too many names to remember.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 08:20:01 pm »
LmAo MOAR SPOILERZ

Yeah, Squad 11 is awesome, and they just continue to get cooler after the fillers (I skipped all of the Bount filler arc after seeing how many episodes it consisted of).

...Fuck. I've forgotten 8th Squad Captain's name too. Damn, he quickly became a favourite of mine. He seems laid-back and comical, but beneath that lies a honorable and friendly guy. AH! Shishou, that's his name. Ha. Anyway... I love how Bleach can throw in a humourous scene, then switch back to its serious nature in an instant (e.g. Ichigo complaining about Rukia's drawings).

I kinda like Gin. Too bad he's a sadist bastard, but he looks so cool. But yeah, I agree on the hating Aizen thing. He's way too "LOL I DON'T KNOW YOU, BUT I CAN KILL YOU BECAUSE I'M THE LATEST BADASS", plus he really pissed me off when he injured Hinamori and Hitsugaya.

Oh, and I'll always hate Byakuya, for being the generic bitch that he is.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Re: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 09:36:05 pm »
Yeah, I thought Yukitake would be your stereotypical silver-haired stock Japanese badass, but Byakuya sort of filled that role. Yukitake would be pretty cool to hang out with.

I haven't seen but two episodes of the dub, so how do they do Gin's laid back speech in English?

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 11:19:33 pm »
Ugh I freaking HATE you guys!

I'm not there yet. WAIT FOR MEH!!!!

I'm still a Death god in training.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 11:38:48 pm »
You guys have any sites that you would recommend to download and watch old Bleach episodes?

I'm kind of getting sick of Youtube already, and I'm only on Episode 16.

Nevermind this post. Found a great site for high quality episodes.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 02:37:22 am by Glennleo »

Ramsus

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 02:15:27 am »
You guys have any sites that you would recommend to download and watch old Bleach episodes?

I'd assume most people would just look on the big, generic torrent sites. Bleach is fairly popular, so there's bound to be big episode collections (i.e. 1-25, 1-120, etc.). Of course, it's easy to end up with something weird, like Bleach with Polish subtitles, because there's so much on those sites.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 02:17:09 am by Ramsus »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 02:36:30 am »

I'd assume most people would just look on the big, generic torrent sites. Bleach is fairly popular, so there's bound to be big episode collections (i.e. 1-25, 1-120, etc.). Of course, it's easy to end up with something weird, like Bleach with Polish subtitles, because there's so much on those sites.

Yea.
Zeality already sent me a torrent with 1-127. But I didn't have 22GB of free space on my computer, so I just joined a Bleach site, and started downloading them from there.
They are pretty awesome quality actually, but it takes a little bit to get them. Like 30 seconds waiting time per download. So not that bad really.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, and the PMs too. I'll edit that post so I don't get even more PMs about it.  :lol: