Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472984 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2008, 12:33:34 am »
I hate it worse when you like someone, and they like you too, but they like someone even more.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2008, 12:40:51 am »
No, Aeris Dies is a site...She didn't die quick enough in FFVII...and she should have brought Clod & the Yuffster with her...but w/e...doujin is just unofficial fan-made manga. As such, a large portion of it is usually hentai.
Well, if she brought Cloud with her, Tifa would angst for the rest of the game. And, eventually, Vincent would shoot her.
But, yes, Yuffie = evil.

I think my sis has a cute little picture from a doujin... it's like a little Chibi Vincent thing that flies around and drives everybody nutty. Nutty as a good ol' cup of Nutella cocoa (cocoa with hazelnut stuff in it).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2008, 02:23:21 am »
Well, if she brought Cloud with her, Tifa would angst for the rest of the game. And, eventually, Vincent would shoot her.

Well that sounds almost perfect!

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2008, 01:45:41 pm »

Well that sounds almost perfect!
Almost because, if Vincent shot Tifa, Barret would shoot Vincent and then I'd kill Square, even more than I plan to.

Also! It bugs me to NO END when your media player hates your guts. Listen, Windows! Compie didn't like you, so I had to use iTunes! IT WAS A NECESSARY EVIL!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 01:47:53 pm by teaflower »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2008, 01:59:37 pm »
Aw, like Vincent couldn't survive a little case of getting shot...

and, yeah, I use Media Player Classic (at least for videos anyways)...

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2008, 02:04:38 pm »
Aw, like Vincent couldn't survive a little case of getting shot...

and, yeah, I use Media Player Classic (at least for videos anyways)...
Mouse (The Amazing Graphic Compie) got a virus, once, and since my sis had to wipe the hard drive, he's slow as all hell. It's a pain to open up the media player, let alone use it. I'm watching the Task Manager and one second it says, 'Running' the next, it says, 'Not Responding'. Back... and forth... and back... and forth... like swings!

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2008, 07:16:26 pm »
VLC media player is top notch, if anyone is interested.  Plays just about anything, from my experience.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2008, 08:34:42 pm »
I second Placidchap's testimony regarding VLC Media Player. It's free too!

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »
VLC is definitely pretty handy and its one of the *few* players that support flash video playback (flv). 

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2008, 02:58:19 pm »
I hate that every freaking school had the day off today because it was like -20 outside, but us college folk, who walk outside between classes, still have to go.

I know it's college, and we are adults, but it still frustrates me when my sister is gloating in my face lol.

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2008, 03:14:19 pm »
Being an adult and being in College/University means you do not have to go if you do not want to, unless there is a test or assignment due.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2008, 03:49:21 pm »
Being an adult and being in College/University means you do not have to go if you do not want to, unless there is a test or assignment due.

Pish posh; being a child and being in college means that you do not have to go to class if you do not want to. Being an adult and being in college means you do what you must, even when you don't want to (and even if you’re the only one forcing yourself).

Of course, those are rather metaphorical definitions of such words.

Now what is annoying (for Americans) is when your college doesn't get President's Day, Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Easter, or anything else of the sort off... but it does take Cesar Chavez day off. I know a holiday is a holiday, but Whisky Tango Foxtrot? How is Cesar Chavez more important than ol Honest Ab, George Washington, or a religious holiday?

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2008, 04:33:02 pm »
You can easily study at home.  A 'child' in this context is usually does not have a choice in the matter, where as when one becomes an 'adult', you have the choice of going or not.  For college classes, it really depends on the class and the professor.  Some teach straight from the book, with nothing extra added to the cirrculum.  In this case, it depends on if you prefer to hear the professor speak or read on your own time.  If the professor includes participation and/or custom lecture notes only available if you come to class, then it is probably in your best interest to go, assuming there is nothing more important that needs to be done.  Even if you do not go to the latter class, it does not necessarily mean you are 'childish'.  You can copy the notes from someone else and/or you can study on your own and try your best.  It is more about responsibility than 'doing' or 'not doing'.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2008, 05:52:23 pm »
Sheesh didn't mean to start a debate on what defines a college student lol.

I see validity in both points being made. But it is, more often than naught, a good idea to go to class.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2008, 02:06:48 am »
VLC is definitely pretty handy and its one of the *few* players that support flash video playback (flv). 
MPC can too.