Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473013 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2007, 01:31:36 am »
We can post any kind of frustration here, right?

I can't bring myself to tell the girl I like I love her. I want to, but I'm afraid she doesn't like me (I've already had that happen to me twice this year). My friends and her friends all want me to ask her out, but I just can't do it.
dont tell her you love her. tell her you LIKE her, and you'd like to get to know her better. love + non-gf = SCARY STALKER.
also, after a bit of getting to know her better tell her you'd like to become bf/gf.

eh, all her friends say she likes me, but I don't think so.

They have made statements that can be verified experimentally. Science commands you to ask this girl out!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2007, 01:47:02 am »
They have made statements that can be verified experimentally. Science commands you to ask this girl out!

I may be going to her house tomorrow, so I'll try then.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:09:41 pm by nightmare975 »

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2007, 01:15:45 pm »

I can't bring myself to tell the girl I like I love her. I want to, but I'm afraid she doesn't like me (I've already had that happen to me twice this year). My friends and her friends all want me to ask her out, but I just can't do it.
dont tell her you love her. tell her you LIKE her, and you'd like to get to know her better. love + non-gf = SCARY STALKER.
also, after a bit of getting to know her better tell her you'd like to become bf/gf.

NO DON'T KILL HER!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2007, 01:30:51 pm »
NO DON'T KILL HER!

Congratulations, you've totally proved to me that you're an ass.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:09:25 pm by nightmare975 »

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2007, 01:39:24 pm »

NO DON'T KILL HER!

Congratulations, you've totally proved to me that you're an ass.
lmao, no, i read that part of your sig as part of your message "soon it will all end...:devilface:" rofl.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2007, 02:10:31 pm »
lmao, no, i read that part of your sig as part of your message "soon it will all end...:devilface:" rofl.

roflmao lolololzorz flofmao loalz jhitalrol

Edit: So very true, Lord Jayzor. It's fascinating how it still annoys me less than huge posts with similar points of view written with a completely different perspective, under the absolute lack of capability to actually detect such thing. I guess it's because you land your eyes on it and you automatically know you won't have to read anything before the last quote, as opposed by the huge & repetitive point-makings that everybody makes on incredibly relevant topics. Or, perhaps, it's just that I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 05:08:09 pm by cupn00dles »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2007, 03:04:00 pm »
Since this is the frustration thread, it's a pet peeve of mine when people chain-quote other people's entire posts when small snippets will do.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2007, 03:07:51 pm »
Yes, that's one thing that really bugs me. Is it possible to install something in the forum to prevent that? To strip out all other quotes in a quoted post, I mean.

Ramsus

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2007, 07:10:14 pm »
Pay me $100. I'll have it done and activated for your profile.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2007, 07:21:04 pm »
Pay me $100. I'll have it done and activated for your profile.
...you are an extortionist.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2007, 07:23:52 pm »
Yeah, chain-quoting is lame...I thought it was, but it doesn't look like it is, but it should be part of the Code of Conduct.

Ramsus

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2007, 07:44:17 pm »
...you are an extortionist.

I'll even throw in a special ignore feature for just $50 more.

Really though, you'll just have to live with it for now. If it really bothers you, you can always install Greasemonkey and use some Javascript/DOM to remove the nested quotes.

Yeah, chain-quoting is lame...I thought it was, but it doesn't look like it is, but it should be part of the Code of Conduct.

It'd just dilute the code anyway. Besides, it's better to just ask people to be more polite instead of making some rule for moderators to have to enforce.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2007, 07:47:42 pm »

I'll even throw in a special ignore feature for just $50 more.

Really though, you'll just have to live with it for now. If it really bothers you, you can always install Greasemonkey and use some Javascript/DOM to remove the nested quotes.

Meh, I'm too lazy to do that.

But you're right. Best to ignore it when it happens and ask people to politely not do it rather than try to enforce it.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2007, 07:53:50 pm »
Something frustrating? My life.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2007, 08:09:01 pm »

It'd just dilute the code anyway. Besides, it's better to just ask people to be more polite instead of making some rule for moderators to have to enforce.

Yeah, but it'd give people something nice to copy&paste. And if nothing else, I like having stuff to copy&paste...>_>

Anyways...about the whole height & weight thingy...whoever said stuff was right: high motabolism+not eating right+not sleeping good+stress/depression=bad santa...er...skinny boy. Lookit that! One's a movie and the other one's a band (I think)!