Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473043 times)

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2007, 03:36:50 pm »
today i am damn pissed off!
after i finally finish my side scroller maker, no one even downloads it and trys it out!
man, i figured my friends would fucking care atleast enough to try out something i care about so much, but i guess all my friends just fucking suck.
what good is doing work if no one even sees it? its enough to make me wanna stop coding -.-|||

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2007, 03:52:01 pm »
Did you want to make this side scroller? Did you feel a sense of accomplishment from doing so? Did you learn by the experience?

Who cares what other people think of your works. You did it, and there is merit in that. The next thing you do will be better than this one, and the next even better still.

Also, hasn't it been like, a day, since you posted it? Give it time dude.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2007, 04:24:56 pm »
I am frustrated at Seiji Mizushima(director of Full metal Alchemist) for Killing of Nina Tucker, and the Maes Hughes. What the hell is wrong with that man. Nina and Hughes were that to best characters in the whole show. I do have to give Mizushima credit for making the one show that nearly brought me to tears. But Nina was so adorable.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2007, 07:23:38 pm »
Wow, gotta love those posts by Dr. ZeaLitY...he could give that Phil guy a run for his money! Wait, who did I just insult?

Anyways...I did the whole bike-riding thingy again...apparently, it's been so long, I forgot about that stupid callus that I don't have on my inner thumb (kinda where the web-like part is) and so now that's all a torn skin, bleedy mess...I blame the stupid grips...And also, it was all rainy and the wind was coming at me...I also might be at fault because my bike has various gears of which I've never understood how to properly use...but I'm not going up hills anyways, so maybe that shouldn't even matter...

Man, I know so little about so much...

Ramsus

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2007, 07:36:16 pm »

You'll have more torque (?) at lower gears (the bigger ones next to the wheel), so it's easier to accelerate and go up hills or to pull more weight, but once you're going and you have inertia helping you, you can use the higher gears to maintain your high speed with less effort.

I haven't ridden a bike in 11 years, so I'm not sure how useful the bicycle gears really are. I guess, if the wind blowing against you is making it harder to ride, try downshifting a few times.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2007, 08:16:40 pm »
My parent's blatant hypocrisy and disregard for being sensible is really pissing me off. Despite the fact that the new water pump installation--completed this morning, and we've had water for the past seven hours now--supposedly stretched our budget tightly, they're going out in the bloody van to bloody King Sooper's just to pick up meatballs.

What's worse, they outright told me to leave the television in the family room--a hulking 36'' beast--on while they were gone, despite the fact that NO ONE IS WATCHING IT and they would be away for a MINIMUM of FIFTY MINUTES!

Basically, they're wasting gas--a horrible idea right now given that Peak Oil is around the corner and we're just a step away from rounding that corner--as well as power for no bloody reason. (They also told me that if the TV was off when they returned they'd shut down power to my entire room, but I'll face that bridge if it comes to it.) Of course, as soon as they were out the door I turned it off, but still...bloody idiots.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2007, 08:02:35 pm »
I guess I have another thing to blame on myself about the whole bicycle thingy...Seeing how I didn't eat or drink anything beforehand (it was about 12~2PM)...Not to mention I'm 5' 7 1/2'' & weigh 115lbs...*heh heh*

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2007, 08:16:35 pm »
Are you anorexic?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2007, 08:35:55 pm »
Terribly unhealthy...anorexic...same diff, I suppose (don't want to take anything away from those truely diseased anorexic people). But I only throw up when I drink too much...or...am really in horrible pain.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2007, 09:53:18 pm »
I guess I have another thing to blame on myself about the whole bicycle thingy...Seeing how I didn't eat or drink anything beforehand (it was about 12~2PM)...Not to mention I'm 5' 7 1/2'' & weigh 115lbs...*heh heh*

Meh, that's nothing. And no, Ms Black, I doubt he's anorexic. It's probably a mix of things like genetics, metabolism, stress, and eating/sleep patterns. That's what it is for me, at least. I'm 6'0 and 140lb, which probably works out the same as V's weight for height. I look awefully scrawny, but I never purposefully starve myself. I just tend to miss meals when I'm at school, not get enough sleep, be awefully stressed... coupled with metabolic and genetic factors, the weight's not a big surprise. I assume V is about the same. It might be a touch unhealthy, but speaking at least for myself, I'm not wholly unhealthy, and have at least a bit of stamina (I was able to do a 2.5km run in 15min without even slowing down at all during the run a few months ago. It winded me entirely at the end, but I survived it at least. After a bit of a rest I probably would have done another lap if I hadn't had a blister on my foot.)

Anyway, about bike riding, yeah, gears can be bloody helpful, but so can the weight of your bike. What sort is it? Road bike (bleh), mountain bike? Sort of a cross? I mean, I'm fortunate in that my bike probably only weighs a little over 20lbs and has twenty one speeds. What's the point? On the road, not much. I usually only keep things mid-gear on the road unless confronted with a VERY steep hill, or unless I get enough speed, in which case I start gearing down to increase my speed. But road biking is meh. I'm more prone to offroad stuff. That's where things like gears are helpful. When you're riding down a path that will variably go down 30degree and then up again, with roots all over it, mid range gears would be too difficult. You have to shift, well, on my bike I prefer what I call 1-3. On the major gear (front, I suppose, with three gears on it) have it on the big, easier gear, and on the back gear on the 3 (out of seven.) On the easier side, but anything more and you'll lose control over the roots and hit a tree or something. Not to mention that going above 10kph on a trail like that will be extremely rough, even with shocks (I've done it, though; I've gone down trails like that and hit roots at 25kph... lots of fun, actually.) Interestingly, I don't usually eat or drink anything around going biking either. Of course, you shouldn't eat JUST before, but even when I'm biking I tend not to drink water. Strange, but it doesn't bother me too much. I get really thirsty, but meh, I manage. I've actually not done much biking this year, though. Only once or twice. Snapped my chain, actually (first a rock bent one of the cogs, then the chain snapped.) Bleh. $150 to get repaired. But yeah, bikes are fun, and gears really do help.

Oh, and Kyronea, yeah, I know, the oil peak is probably near. But you wouldn't think it seeing the way this bloody province handles things. My parents are the opposite when it comes to energy consumption, particularly my dad. He designed the house I'm living in, and when he built it fifteen years ago he built it to energy conservation specs that would still be pretty good today.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2007, 11:59:41 pm »
Did you want to make this side scroller? Did you feel a sense of accomplishment from doing so? Did you learn by the experience?

Who cares what other people think of your works. You did it, and there is merit in that. The next thing you do will be better than this one, and the next even better still.

Also, hasn't it been like, a day, since you posted it? Give it time dude.

oh, turns out it was cause you had to register to download ^^;;
i fixed it, and now anyone can download it here.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2007, 12:22:32 am »
We can post any kind of frustration here, right?

I can't bring myself to tell the girl I like I love her. I want to, but I'm afraid she doesn't like me (I've already had that happen to me twice this year). My friends and her friends all want me to ask her out, but I just can't do it.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2007, 01:17:14 am »

I can't bring myself to tell the girl I like I love her. I want to, but I'm afraid she doesn't like me (I've already had that happen to me twice this year). My friends and her friends all want me to ask her out, but I just can't do it.
dont tell her you love her. tell her you LIKE her, and you'd like to get to know her better. love + non-gf = SCARY STALKER.
also, after a bit of getting to know her better tell her you'd like to become bf/gf.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2007, 01:24:51 am »
dont tell her you love her. tell her you LIKE her, and you'd like to get to know her better. love + non-gf = SCARY STALKER.
also, after a bit of getting to know her better tell her you'd like to become bf/gf.

eh, all her friends say she likes me, but I don't think so.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:09:58 pm by nightmare975 »

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2007, 01:29:57 am »

eh, all her friends say she likes me, but I don't think so.
you got 3 choices
1) tell her you love her (not recamended)
2) what i said
3) dont do anything and cry about it on the internet.

sounds like you dont wanna try though.