Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472869 times)

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6795 on: July 30, 2018, 02:53:58 am »
Welp, I don't really have many other people to talk to about this right now, so I'll share it with my old friends here. Turns out i'm getting evicted, despite paying rent and doing everything I was supposed to do (but hey, it happens to all of us at least once). I've been living in a spare bedroom with an elderly aunt, and I pay rent monthly, along with doing household duties, like cooking, cleaning, laundry, and any errands my aunt needs done.

However, she got a boyfriend a week and a half ago, so now I've been informed I have to leave so he can move in. It's her house, so I don't hold it against her, but it really puts me in a pickle. I just took a hefty pay cut three months ago at work, and because of that, my savings are now nil. At least I have until October to figure something out, but ugh, what timing...

Not to mention, I'm kind of worried about my aunt. She's kinda wealthy, and her boyfriend of 1.5 weeks that she's so in love with (and him, her, reportedly) does not inspire confidence in me that he'll actually take care of her.

Such is life, I guess.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: July 30, 2018, 03:19:15 pm »
That's a shitty situation to be in. It sucks for you (did she give you until October to move out) and is quite unfair. You probably have legal standing regarding proper notification for "eviction" in your state, but of course one doesn't normally want to do that to their family.

That all being said, I would lay some groundwork with her regarding your relationship with your aunt and her expectations. For example - if they break up after you move out, it's very likely she'll ask you to move in again. Or even with this boyfriend, if they're both elderly, she may be asking for lots of help for the both of them (without moving back in). One can't have their cake and eat it, too, and it's not fair to whip you around (should it come to that; I'm hoping it doesn't).

I'd lay some groundwork when you realistically can to make sure you are protected from her screwing you over again. Not meaning that to be mean to her; she may not realize that she's doing it, but at the end of the day, you gotta do what's best for rushingwind, too.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6797 on: August 01, 2018, 03:26:09 pm »
I'm just fucking frustrated that I couldn't finish a single artsy Dream Splash (let alone the animated one, for which I asked for the category of). That being said, live generally comes first, and I've been trying my best to become the only supporting financial pillar they'll ever need, and I finally got an opportunity to prove myself (interestingly, they were the ones who found me).

Still, so many personal things remain undone, especially the pitch I sent to Tapas, for which I haven't received a response for. But hell, if I can't get my own stuff off the ground, at the very least I'm going to help lift somebody else's stuff.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: August 02, 2018, 01:57:32 pm »
Yeah, she lives in quite a rural place, some distance away from where I work. I sat her down and told her that once I move, I will have a lease wherever I'll be at and won't be moving back in. Also, it will be difficult for me to come check on her often.

But she's in lovey dovey mode, and thinks her new boyfriend will be forever. I guess it's not just teenagers who can go boy crazy, heh. Still, it's very irritating that she is pushing me out to move in her new boyfriend, especially with all I've done for her. It's her house, so like I said before, I totally understand she has the right. I'm just stressing out about the situation.

That's a shitty situation to be in. It sucks for you (did she give you until October to move out) and is quite unfair. You probably have legal standing regarding proper notification for "eviction" in your state, but of course one doesn't normally want to do that to their family.

That all being said, I would lay some groundwork with her regarding your relationship with your aunt and her expectations. For example - if they break up after you move out, it's very likely she'll ask you to move in again. Or even with this boyfriend, if they're both elderly, she may be asking for lots of help for the both of them (without moving back in). One can't have their cake and eat it, too, and it's not fair to whip you around (should it come to that; I'm hoping it doesn't).

I'd lay some groundwork when you realistically can to make sure you are protected from her screwing you over again. Not meaning that to be mean to her; she may not realize that she's doing it, but at the end of the day, you gotta do what's best for rushingwind, too.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: August 08, 2018, 03:18:50 pm »
Well I have a frustration to share. I found out this week that basically I'm never going to be able to get full-time status at my job. My hours were cut again and I can't live off of what I'm making, plus I need and deserve the benefits! So now I'm job hunting. I'm hoping to have something new by the end of the month, I just sent my resume out yesterday. I really love where I work but if there's no chance of full-time it's just not worth staying here. Just sooo frustrating. Ugh. Also, I haven't been here as much lately because work has been so busy. Oh and I forgot to mention, the really frustrating part about all of this... there are people that got hired after me that have gotten full-time status, yet... here I am. They keep telling me I'm doing a great job, but actions are showing otherwise. I mean all my stats meet or exceed goal, so I don't understand. Anyway, I just had to share. One day things will calm down for me.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: August 08, 2018, 05:02:22 pm »
Being a contractor sucks. You and I are having similar issues. The only difference in mine is that no one is getting FTE status, so I can feel confident that it's not a performance or conversion issue.

It's a crappy situation to be in, especially when medical benefits are involved. The whole carrot dangle gets so old after a while. Hang in there.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: August 09, 2018, 10:35:21 pm »
My frustration is that I keep meaning to spend more time here and contribute to the GLORIOUS CHRONO-SSANCE, but I'm so darn busy that I just haven't been able to make it stick. And the thing is, I think that's a cop-out. I hate it when people use being busy as an excuse. Makes me wanna slap 'em upside the head and say "You fool! If something's important you make the time!!!" But the fact remains that I am just ridiculously busy. Which makes me a hypocrite! Which I don't like being. Ergo frustration! RAWR!!!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6802 on: August 10, 2018, 10:36:37 am »
Same here. This probably sounds silly, but I'm tired of the constraints of the day/night cycle. Life is so much easier when I can free-run up to 24-hour long periods of wakefulness, without interruption, where I can work, exercise, do everything I need to -- after which sure, maybe I'd sleep 16 hours. This would be an optimal schedule for me, but the human body, and our world, is just not entrainable/conducive to this. My ability to get through all-nighters is severely dropping off, too; the urgency has to come from an external stimulus at this point, as I can't will myself through them as much as I used to.

Hope everyone's had a decent week, though. The dream of Zeal is alive.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: August 10, 2018, 03:41:34 pm »
I've been a user of the "too busy" excuse for far too long. Just yesterday I heard that when we say we're too busy, what we really mean is that we're not in control of our life. I'm certainly not saying this is the case with either of you, but I find it's definitely so for me. I'm using it as a wake-up call to find what's really important to me, and to make plans around those important things or people.

ZeaLitY, I've heard your frustrations with day/night schedules many times. Have you found anything that works best? If not, I truly hope you can find a situation that meets your needs. I can't imagine how difficult having a circadian rhythm like yours must be in this society.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: August 10, 2018, 11:30:25 pm »
Haha, I'm with ya'll! I wish the human body was better optimized -- I'd personally love to require zero sleeps. I tend to be the type to get by with little sleep -- I normally get between four and give hours of sleep a night and function normally. In fact, I'm so locked into this cycle that if I sleep too long (say, eight or nine hours), I have a massive headache the next day. All in all, I'd love to require no sleep; I could accomplish so much more!

As for the busy excuse -- it's easy to feel busy and buy into the notion of it. I think everyone is guilty of it to a degree.

For example... We own three cars. One of which is an old Jeep with a ton of problems. I keep saying that I'm going to just scrap it. It functions (but I have to manually hook up the battery each time I drive, otherwise the battery will die as it's connected to the non-running car), I pay insurance on it, but I don't drive it. I would save myself so much money if I just unloaded it, but I keep saying that I've been "too busy" to take care of it! Twenty minutes of phone calls could save me both the headache of looking at it and several hundred dollars a year.

I'm an idiot.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: August 11, 2018, 01:54:53 am »
Haha, I'm with ya'll! I wish the human body was better optimized -- I'd personally love to require zero sleeps. I tend to be the type to get by with little sleep -- I normally get between four and give hours of sleep a night and function normally. In fact, I'm so locked into this cycle that if I sleep too long (say, eight or nine hours), I have a massive headache the next day. All in all, I'd love to require no sleep; I could accomplish so much more!
Same here, right down to the 4-5 hours thing. I despise sleeping. It's like being dead for a significant portion of each day. If you sleep the recommended eight hours per day, you're missing out on a third of your life!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6806 on: August 13, 2018, 07:10:47 am »
Unfortunately haven't, for two reasons I guess:

1) I've come to worship the ideal of always chasing some new dream/ambition so much that I'm afraid that finding a flexible work arrangement would be "cashing in the chips". My career power right now is waxing at maximum and I hesitate to do anything that would limit that. (God, this sounds like will to power nonsense, but...)

2) I also feel like it's human destiny to bite off more than one can chew. I have more goals than I can meaningfully accomplish at the moment, due to real life obligations and everything else. But I won't let them be lost...they remain goals, and I remain committed to becoming more efficacious in life until I can achieve them, too.

But I need to find some kind of arrangement. I'm deeply damaging by health by living asynchronous with my circadian rhythm (which is more of a breakbeat).

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: August 17, 2018, 03:34:10 pm »
So this is my rant...

The last few years, my back has gotten a bit touchy (don't get old-it's a trap!) and I'm usually careful with it but when I don't have an episode for awhile I forget until I hurt it again. this happened to me on Tuesday.

I was bringing some stuff into the house that I wanted to go through, and I lifted too much at one time. I really hurt my back and abdomen; I went home after only being at work for an hour on Tuesday and had to take off Wednesday and Thursday. It was hard to for me to sleep or do anything really.

So yes, I'm at work today but it still hurts. I really pulled it bad this time because my abdomen even hurts too. I haven't hurt myself this bad in a really long time and it sucks!!!

Of course, this happens when my husband is away for a week because he's up at his mom's putting up a fence for her. Ugh. Just taking it easy and hoping to feel better soon!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: December 25, 2018, 04:04:50 am »
Ugh, why must days like this have to have people setting off a bunch of fireworks and all kinds of firecrackers and stuff.

It gets on my nevers so much...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: December 25, 2018, 12:36:08 pm »
Yeah, it was strange. People were shooting off fireworks here at like 12:15AM on Christmas Eve. I get the celebratory factor, but it gets dark at like 5:30PM -- do we really need to wait until all the kids are in bed before going crazy with the fireworks?!