Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472910 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6750 on: August 15, 2013, 02:35:26 pm »
Edit:  Ahh I am at my Day of Lavos post!
And now you've just survived the darkness!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: August 15, 2013, 07:51:49 pm »
Monster audition today.  Felt great going in.  Needless to say, it wound up like this.

[youtube]jVjgY427qW8[/youtube]

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: August 21, 2013, 02:18:12 am »
I'm getting paid to edit my father's doctoral student's essays for grammar and clarity and oh are they painful to read!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6753 on: September 10, 2013, 12:59:33 pm »
There are not enough hours in the day.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6754 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:42 am »
There are not enough hours in the day.
I feel yea. But strangely, when we were kids, we used to think "There are TOO MANY hours in a day". XD

We might need to do something about it.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 12, 2013, 03:00:37 am »
Jim Ross retired today.  You may or may not know that I love me some pro graps.  And "Good Ol' JR" was a voice that carried a lot of my youth.  And eventually morphed into a homage-like constant impression of the man.  He called matches that were defining moments of my youth.  And it's sad to see him step away, maybe on his terms but not going out like he should.  Yah it's tough to do and can get convoluted (and asinine) but there is a throughline of a story told every single Monday going back to January 1993 and still continues now.  Jim Ross was a big part of that.

Silly?  No doubt about it.  But it's a reminder of the constant motion of life.  We get older and things change.  But we'll have the memories.

Well, before I get all emotional and existential over a wrestling announcer...thanks Jim.  By Gawd he's been broken in half!!!!

So good, his voice is used for anything monster related in sports.

[youtube]aCRZteu1H4w[/youtube]

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 18, 2013, 05:10:46 am »
Aaaaand we're done
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:24:18 pm by Shee »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6757 on: September 18, 2013, 01:43:01 pm »
In something more serious

Just found out the girl I've been seeing for a few months used to be a webcam girl for a fetish site.  And it sucks.  Because I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the whole story.  I had lots of red flags from the get go, which subsided.  Only now they're stronger than ever after this.  I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten the whole story at all from her.

Obviously she wasn't thrilled to tell me.  And I'm far from perfect, but this can't be someone I share my life with in long term.  Or short term really, for that matter.

And it sucks.

A man must have a code.
Yikes! That's certainly a bummer. And yes, a man must have a code. (A woman must too, in that sense.)

But I'm sure you talked to her about it? Was her reason behind her last trade something due to desperation, or equivalent? As in, financial burden of some kind, or something?

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 18, 2013, 03:41:37 pm »
Aaaand we're done.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:24:34 pm by Shee »

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:02 pm »
So after more discussion she said it wasn't for the money and that she really enjoyed it.

Good riddance.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6760 on: November 24, 2013, 01:24:36 pm »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-24/swiss-voters-reject-strictest-executive-pay-limits.html

Idiots. The Swiss choose to stay owned. It's tragic when people vote against their own interests in democracies.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6761 on: November 26, 2013, 12:16:08 pm »
My greatest fear... is not being given a chance to explain myself. Not being forgiven for making a mistake. Not being understood.

Don't get me wrong, I encourage criticism towards me. I ENCOURAGE reasonable antagonisms. Sure, sometimes I just bat it away at first, but eventually I grow to realize it and value it, even though the realization may be much more than what the criticism was in its original stage. It takes time, but I get there. And such instances, especially here at the Compendium, has helped me grow and become more aware of the world I live in. That, and books which challenged my thoughts time and again, compassionately and gently. (I don't respond well to aggressive means; they do more damage than good.)

But that's not the point. My point is that, ever since a child, I've always been punished for failing at anything, as if failing itself is a great sin. It's not, though; failing is a friend from which we always learn, but nobody else seems to understand that. They worship those who have succeeded, and look down upon those who have failed. Not to mention that, as a child, I was far too underdeveloped compared to others my age, and they took me for being inhuman. So likely chances are that I'll screw up with something, and I want to feel sorry for it and apologize... but I'm never given a chance to do so.

But even if now that I have developed sufficiently to make the least amount of mistakes possible, now that I "can" create my own opportunities to apologize and still rebel for the right to express when I need... Strangely, nobody gives a damn.

It's hard being an artist. That's because, even though I write stories for myself -- for the sake of building my own creative playground -- I want to tell somebody these stories. I want to entertain someone. I want to sweep people off their feed with ideas they couldn't ever imagine. I want to make them feel the speed and energy of the stars while remaining in their comfy chairs, while I prance around on top of tables and chairs, talking poetically about things "that could have been, and still are where we never notice". Some people enjoy these stories, and others... don't actually give a damn because I'm a nobody and they don't have the time.

And if I haven't succeeded in sweeping them off their feet, then it only means that I'm just not good enough as an artist. I need to work harder to hone my craft.

Not to mention that I'm a nerd. Nobody finds us nerds "cool". In fact, not even fellow nerds would appreciate me, because of my eccentricities.

Sometimes when I write a story that I really WANT to write, I question: does it really even matter? Nobody's interested in them anyway.

But that was the same thing Neil Gaiman thought when he was writing Sandman, and it wasn't until the book was published that he gained people to appreciate his art, giving him even more encouragement.

Art is hard. Inherently difficult. It's like being born out of "nothing", springing out energetically from the void.

But I need to keep moving. After publishing I may either succeed or fail. But if I don't work towards it I will INEVITABLY fail.

I'll be going to a poetry slam tomorrow, to hopefully become a part of a bigger community of like-minded poets in our city. This should, hopefully, also popularize the art of Spoken Word in our country. And I'd be proud to be one of those few who started it all.

If you don't know what that is.... are you REALLY living in America, that you don't know what's going on in your backyard? Blimey, Spoken Word is THE neo-American culture one can always get behind! What's wrong with you?!

[youtube]gu_PQBmk-6c[/youtube]

[youtube]S2Ks06Al8c0[/youtube]

[youtube]GAx845QaOck[/youtube]

[youtube]NW4VvIhhCIM[/youtube]

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: May 28, 2018, 04:45:16 am »
When I cook the most elaborate dish I've made in weeks, and from the very first taste I can tell it doesn't agree with me, and now I've got like 90 pounds of leftovers that I have almost no desire to eat.

#WhyMe

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: May 28, 2018, 07:58:21 pm »
Drive down to Chattanooga and you can dine at my table! What'd you make?!?!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6764 on: May 29, 2018, 02:41:51 am »
Sad that Samsung DeX can't handle NTFS external HDDs. Looks like I'll just have to get a tiny PC to take with me to work, since I basically live in the office these days. Work laptop can't write to external media.