Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478827 times)

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6660 on: June 21, 2012, 02:36:24 am »
Hate to bring this up again, but what is it with some people loving to toy with others feelings? I'm pretty sick of some gals on dating sites acting like they can flirt with a guy, and then tell them they were just messing with them. I seriously think some people go on those sites just to see how much pain they can cause. :x And I know it's all over the internet, but do people really get a kick out of toying with peoples feelings? Don't they know that nobody wants to be around people like that? Or do they even care? :cry: Oh, and f*** Sony. I'm STILL wishing they'd put Lunar 2 on PSN. That was one of my favorite games when I was a teen. And Suikoden 2. Never could find a cheap copy of it, so I never got to play it. Is it really that good a game?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6661 on: June 21, 2012, 07:26:17 am »
Hah, I'd hate to break it to ya, James, but that's the internet for ya. I know that dating-sites founders do their best to extend social connections at a wider range than reality, but one of the reasons I don't go there is because of identity issues. Without going into people's "character and personality" in depth or calling names, I think most of the issue lies in "identity" of who you speak to, and because they're not really standing close to you (and hence can't see your face or see how you react) they're often free to subconsciously assume (whether they want to or not) that you aren't really a "person" -- that you're just one of the thousands of guys or girls looking for love, and let's see how they can poke some sentiments here and there. And because "dating sites" offer that freedom, they're free to flirt around without risking their personal life and reputation, doing anything to satisfy their unchecked amusement.

And I'm not just talking about womyn her; men do it at a pretty large scale too.

Having a face and personality shows that you exist, and being a "self" help create a circumstance where people are least likely to do something like that. The one difference that you need to make is strike a balance between compassion and respect, while at the same time not allowing people to walk over you (self-respect and self-worth are quite important here, but along with self-control too). It pays to be cautious about certain things, and always be "slightly" sceptical enough about things (but not so much that it'll ruin yours or someone else's fun).

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: June 21, 2012, 11:32:28 am »
That's not just an internet thing; plenty of people offline do that shit all the time.  I've met a tonne of people like that, and most of them were face-to-face interactions, not over the computer.  It really sucks.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: June 21, 2012, 09:08:34 pm »
Tushantin and Sajainta, thank you. :) I'm not going to let a few trolls, or whatever you want to call them, stop me from finding love. I'm still mad about what happened with the PSN, but was it all Sony's fault? Or are there others who are as much, if not more, to blame? I keep getting sites that put the blame all on Sony, but I'm not sure if they're the only ones at fault on this. Does anyone know of a site that isn't biased about this subject?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: June 22, 2012, 06:32:00 am »
I had this message sent to me anonymously on a website I use:

do you think if [Jeff] hadn't of killed your daughter she would have grown up to be like him since he was her dad and start raping people?

Bad grammar aside (which is a frustration in and of itself), I'm just really disgusted and became badly triggered.  I don't know what gives people the right to think they can tell people such horrific and painful things.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6665 on: June 22, 2012, 11:35:02 am »
Let me chuckle on it a bit. (By "it", I mean the person's ridiculousness, not your sentiments.)

If they think that sons and daughters of murderers and rapists turn out to be even worse murderers and rapists, then it's likely that the world would be filled with nothing but murderers and rapists. And since neither we nor the anonymous friend of ours is a murderer or rapist, then it only means that the anonymous friend probably thinks that "murderers and rapists" can be classified under a breed called "tooth fairy" or "Gremlin".

If that's so, then the reason this anonymous friend is sending out hurtful messages anonymously is because even their parents are those anonymous-hurtful-message-senders, which means that even their grandparents would be anonymous-hurtful-message-senders (probably sending hurtful messages via a letter but actually dropping it in the house, knocking their doors, and running off like those bell-ringing brats who annoy the grandpa screaming, "Get off my lawn!"), until we realize that their whole family has been sending insensitive messages for generations now, and this could probably link to a whole conspiracy of hurtful-message-sending, that must have resulted in.... oh, I'm too afraid to even think it!

They probably hold torches and go around chanting, "Let there be hate! But wait a second... didn't we hate the ones who let there be hate? But if we hate to hate, then why do WE hate? Oshit, we hate ourselves..."

And there you go! They feel bad about all this already!

Beyond that point, I do think that children are magnificent beings -- they hold no truth yet, but they hold no evil either, and the things they are capable of doing no adult could even comprehend. I just wish your child had the opportunity to live longer; I'd have liked to see the miracles he / she could perform.  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:40:27 am by tushantin »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: June 22, 2012, 01:39:19 pm »
Hey Saj, you know what's better than anonymous assholes asking stupid questions? These ferrets.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6667 on: July 11, 2012, 02:10:21 pm »
In Europe, you can easily take your car and cross from Poland / Austria to Germany to Belgium to France, to England and eventually to Wales all in a single day's time with no trouble between nations.

In India, you can't even take your car from Maharashtra to Delhi. (Private roads are restricted)

Then again, I do realize how troublesome it can be in a car, when people here prefer to travel by train or flights. It's still a pathetic image, though...

(P.S.: The distance between Maharashtra to Delhi equals that of Austria to Wales. Take the route to Scotland, and just maybe it's longer.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:13:16 pm by tushantin »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6668 on: July 12, 2012, 02:43:54 am »
You can't drive from Austria to Wales; they are on different land masses. There might be a tunnel for that, but as far as I know, the only tunnel is for rail only.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: July 12, 2012, 12:02:34 pm »
RD's right--the only way to get from France to the British Isles is through the Channel Tunnel, which is a rail tunnel.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6670 on: July 13, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »
You can't drive from Austria to Wales; they are on different land masses. There might be a tunnel for that, but as far as I know, the only tunnel is for rail only.
RD's right--the only way to get from France to the British Isles is through the Channel Tunnel, which is a rail tunnel.

Actually, no. While the rail tunnel is available (I think), there are methods of going between land masses. Suppose from Austria: You cross the border past Passau, entering Germany, then past Frankfurt and Cologne to enter Belgium. Then once again you'll need to enter norther France to get to one of two different channels. Now, you can take the voyage from either Dunkirk or Calais (charges vary) where a Ferry will transport your car to the shores of Dover in UK.

Then from Dover to Cardiff, London or Manchester is simple (though I wonder of the complexities of going to Glasgow or Shetlands...)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:02:27 pm by tushantin »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: July 13, 2012, 10:13:39 pm »
Ah, but you said nothing of taking a ferry in your first comment.  So no, technically you still can't drive from Austria to Wales.  You'd still have to use two different means of transport.

And I have no idea what you're talking about regarding "complexities" of going to Glasgow; that's an easy drive from anywhere in England.  It's only about a seven hour drive from London.  And there's definitely no way you can drive to the Shetlands.  We had to take a ferry from Aberdeen.

Edit: just realized it takes longer to drive from Chicago to Pennsylvania than it does to drive from London to Glasgow.  Blech...  I miss the UK.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:17:26 pm by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6672 on: July 14, 2012, 03:24:31 am »
Ah, but you said nothing of taking a ferry in your first comment.
I know I didn't, because "ferry" wasn't the issue here, and you'd still be travelling via car (notice how I don't get on "technical"). My implication was the the European nations enjoy "free-roam" within and beyond native territories, whereas other nations treat it as a crime. (Try going to Pakistan from Kutch, and you're bound to be arrested)

This says a lot of things regarding the continents themselves, and the laws and humanities within.

And I have no idea what you're talking about regarding "complexities" of going to Glasgow; that's an easy drive from anywhere in England.  It's only about a seven hour drive from London.  And there's definitely no way you can drive to the Shetlands.  We had to take a ferry from Aberdeen.
I know it might be difficult to go to Shetland, hence the "complexities". XD As for Glasgow, I was actually wondering if some roads may be restricted.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6673 on: July 14, 2012, 04:57:03 am »
Going between nations you're still likely going to need to show your passport. I've never crossed a European border by car though, so I can't say with certainty. Trains and ferries do require you to show the passport, and potentially go through customs.

Travel between states/provinces/territories in the US or Canada is probably a better analogy. Those borders are unmanned and unrestricted. I've driven across state lines in the US on a number of occasions and have never been stopped.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: July 14, 2012, 07:12:11 am »
Going between nations you're still likely going to need to show your passport. I've never crossed a European border by car though, so I can't say with certainty.

On a visit to France my family and I drove into Germany from Alsace and we had to show our passports, but there was little more than that.  I'm not sure about other countries, though.  I know passing through Scotland to England is hassle-free, but they're both part of the United Kingdom so that makes sense, even though they're different countries.

As for Glasgow, I was actually wondering if some roads may be restricted.

I sincerely doubt it.  There'd be no reason why roads would be restricted.  I've been driven from a town in England into Glasgow, on route to Edinburgh.