Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472914 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6645 on: May 25, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »
Okay, so I simply commented on Youtube that the viewcounter has frozen. And I'm being flooded with A HUNDRED RESPONSES TO MY COMMENT WITHIN THE PAST HOUR telling me nearly the same thing each time: "Wow, you must be new here!"

.....is there a union of trolls or something?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6646 on: May 26, 2012, 03:58:07 am »
So, in essence the nuances of "nuance" escape you?

Beat me to it. Well played, sir.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: May 26, 2012, 12:41:17 pm »
How about this: one way of adding interest in music is to  add the nuance of changing which instrument plays the main theme once it comes back, think of scar's of time where the violin and piccolo flute switch off. in their respective high ranges, they sound pretty similar, a lot of people may not even pick up on it, but it's a little something that gives the piece depth since the melody itself isn't varied too much. When you think nuance, think of a subtle change to something that, overall keeps it the same in broad strokes, but perhaps changes the shade down or up by a single RGB point. Also, in footy, you might see a guy make a very similar goal twice, as in the path the team took to get the ball to the goal was pretty much the same....but perhaps his teammate fooled the opposition using two different techniques to get the ball to him. This nuance of using two different techniques in the same play is representative of proper usage of the word imo, rather than just saying 'the subtle nuances of blah blah'.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6648 on: May 27, 2012, 04:32:22 am »
OH SHIT!!

Okay, maybe the sixth post from here will actually catch the real thing.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:36:44 am by tushantin »

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: June 09, 2012, 02:12:23 am »
The hell is with some people on dating sites? :x I was getting along so well with a gal I met on a dating site. She lives near me, and we were hitting it off pretty well. This morning, I got some unpleasant news, and told her about it. I forgot to tell her good morning, and she seems to be holding it against me. :( I don't know if this is the right thread to put this on, but I needed to tell somebody other than family. Have a good weekend, everyone! 8)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: June 09, 2012, 04:25:21 am »
I don't think that's limited to people on dating sites.  Some people, regardless of where you meet them, just get upset over petty bullshit.  Hopefully you're just misreading her but if not...yeah that seems pretty damn petty and immature.

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: June 09, 2012, 10:21:58 am »
I don't think that's limited to people on dating sites.  Some people, regardless of where you meet them, just get upset over petty bullshit.  Hopefully you're just misreading her but if not...yeah that seems pretty damn petty and immature.
I REALLY hope I'm misreading it. I like her a lot, and it would really hurt if she was going to judge me on something like that. And by the way, thank you!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: June 09, 2012, 04:17:55 pm »
Yeah, if she really is getting mad at you for not saying good morning while distracted by your own bad news, she's being selfish. She needs to know that not everything revolves around her.
:lol:

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: June 09, 2012, 05:55:38 pm »
Yeah, if she really is getting mad at you for not saying good morning while distracted by your own bad news, she's being selfish. She needs to know that not everything revolves around her.
:lol:
:) Well, I got an answer from her just now. She said she didn't want to talk to me anymore. She said she thought I was annoying. :( I'm NOT letting this get me down though! She's just one person, and if sending her ONE message asking why she's mad at me is going to annoy her, then I don't need that kind of drama in my life right now. I'm trying to get a farm that is in my families name, and I found out yesterday that some folks around where I live are trying to butt in. That's what I was upset about. I actually met someone else that understands what I'm going through. And she even ageed to go out with me when I settle this business! :D

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: June 14, 2012, 04:21:09 am »
 :shock: Oookaay. I just had one heck of a scare today. I've been talking with what I THOUGHT was a nice gal about my age on that dating site I mentioned before. Well, today we both realized that we didn't have much in common, so I told her I felt that it would be best to go our separate ways. The next thing I know, she's claiming I'm some guy she knows, and starts to harass me. I informed the site admins of what was going on, and so far she hasn't tried to contact me again. I haven't let this get me scared of talking to strangers though. I did become friends with her on facebook, but blocked her after what happened. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here. :)
I've been talking to another gal on the site, and we have a lot in common. BUT, the first sign that something fishy, and I'm deleting my account with the site. What really frustrates me is that I didn't even realize it until afterwords, but anytime I had to go do something, she would want to know why I even bothered talking to her. I'm going to be more cautious about who I talk to, that's for sure!
EDIT: Yeah, yeah, I know! No jokes about the number, okay?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:22:46 am by jamesexia »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: June 14, 2012, 05:06:12 am »
Uppity people who take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator too seriously and go around on the internet, read one page of a blog, and then inform the person that they aren't a "real" [insert MB type].

Oh yes, because reading someone's blog (let alone one page) can obviously tell you everything about a person.  You're not that astute, sweetheart.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6656 on: June 14, 2012, 08:57:52 am »
I don't think it's that much of a big deal to talk to strangers, but the question is how do you relate with them? How do you respect them? How much do you appreciate them as they are?

Because the very root of a good relationship is sensitivity and appreciation. If one cannot accept another complete with their goods and bads, then how can they imagine spending their lives together?

P.S.: James, you've caught the quad-six! Not that anybody cares (except for me, because I do), but that's quite awesome.

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: June 14, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »
I don't think it's that much of a big deal to talk to strangers, but the question is how do you relate with them? How do you respect them? How much do you appreciate them as they are?

Because the very root of a good relationship is sensitivity and appreciation. If one cannot accept another complete with their goods and bads, then how can they imagine spending their lives together?

P.S.: James, you've caught the quad-six! Not that anybody cares (except for me, because I do), but that's quite awesome.
:? Quad-six? Sorry, I don't really know what that means. :)
Okay, back to the main topic! Anyone else besides me getting REALLY ticked off at Sonys Media Go program? I swear, almost every time I try and download something I've already bought, it flat out refuses to let me! Have they changed their policies again?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: June 17, 2012, 05:04:41 pm »
Quad-six? Sorry, I don't really know what that means...
Ha, you had reply number 6666 in this thread. It's like Satan, but times four. And it's also Magus' boss HP, which should be good luck around here. Welcome aboard!

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: June 17, 2012, 11:15:29 pm »
Quad-six? Sorry, I don't really know what that means...
Ha, you had reply number 6666 in this thread. It's like Satan, but times four. And it's also Magus' boss HP, which should be good luck around here. Welcome aboard!
OH! :oops: Don't I feel silly. And I'm glad to be here. This has got to be one of the BEST fansites on the internet. :D